Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    The affliction challenge is just not worth doing without sacrolash ring. What a fucking gong show.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Obviously.
    Wasn't that obvious to me, but thanks for giving the answer even though you're a jerk about it.

Deleted
    Was able to do all 3 as a main demo player in itemlevel 912 - Some quick notes.

Demo challenge was really easy and simple did it first try, just do the mechanics use artifact ability on the shield cast fear everytime Sigryn tries to cast her enrage and randomly stun and slow the axethrower guy.

Destro was also super easy and did it in first try as well, just keep havoc on the caster and kill anything you see spawning. I used interupt - mortal coil - interupt - shield wall as a rotation for his casts.

Affliction one was a nightmare, took several hours. I dont have any mastery gear or affliction legendaries so meeting the damage requirements was really hard. Had to pop bloodlust first phase and burn him. Second phase I just kited adds with agony and corruption on them all and nuked the melee dude as hard as possible. The caster adds got interupted / banished and its just a matter of keeping your head cool.

Was overall a bit more easy than what I had hoped, demo and destro could really have used some kind of dps check ... Gl to anyone attempting it.

Deleted
    It's just like the proving grounds, with it's allegedly "level playing field" which actually meant some classes/specs could do it with their eyes closed. Affliction was more trouble there because in WOD it's aoe was absolute dogshite and killing the little add phases was horrible.

I remember doing it later on a hunter and thinking "fuck me"

afaik the affliction scenario is bugged, but it doesn;tmatter for frost mages (who do the same one), cos they slow everything, whereas afflocks don;t have a slow. Or huntards who have huge burst and do it all moving.

These scenarios are always going to be a PITA for dot-classes

I doubt I meet the gear requirements as I;m only 897, by the time I got higher gear they'll have fucked the ring,

Tried it and I simply cannot burn down the add fast enough before his stacking speed buff catches me up, even with the ring

Had to take SL as burning rush kills me otherwise.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Inshabel View Post
    Wasn't that obvious to me, but thanks for giving the answer even though you're a jerk about it.
    Quite. The Proving Grounds allowed you to take "wrong" specs.
    Last edited by mmoc7a6bdbfc72; 2017-04-04 at 07:40 AM.

For the affliction one.

For those who lack dmg on the add that runs to you, get effigy soul harvest and mortail coil.
    -why effigy? More dmg while kiting
    -why SH > SL? You want to burst the add down
    -why mortal coil > dem circle? If you dont have the ring the almost 3 s of fear is more valuable + 20% heal.
    Also remember to use doomguard slow, position yourself well, leg pants are good on this boss it can save a wipe by allowing you to scape or getting to a rune.

I did it on eu at the 7th try or so.

Deleted
    For affliction there are two mandatory things to success, Sarcolash ring and gear above 905+, at least 908 without ring and having luck

anyone knows the script to make spell effect more "flashy" ? I have trouble seeing the runes when they spawn beneath someone/inside a green aoe. (i usually play with all settings on low)

Homophobia is so gay.

Deleted
    anyone got a weakaura for the blood of her father cast in demo one? or any useful WA for that encounter?

Quote Originally Posted by Nebiroth99 View Post
    It's just like the proving grounds, with it's allegedly "level playing field" which actually meant some classes/specs could do it with their eyes closed. Affliction was more trouble there because in WOD it's aoe was absolute dogshite and killing the little add phases was horrible.

I remember doing it later on a hunter and thinking "fuck me"

afaik the affliction scenario is bugged, but it doesn;tmatter for frost mages (who do the same one), cos they slow everything, whereas afflocks don;t have a slow. Or huntards who have huge burst and do it all moving.

These scenarios are always going to be a PITA for dot-classes

I doubt I meet the gear requirements as I;m only 897, by the time I got higher gear they'll have fucked the ring,

Tried it and I simply cannot burn down the add fast enough before his stacking speed buff catches me up, even with the ring

Had to take SL as burning rush kills me otherwise.

- - - Updated - - -

Quite. The Proving Grounds allowed you to take "wrong" specs.

TBH, nothing really changes if you have sacrolash's. I did as 896,with sacrolash and Sephuz (dont have pillars).

The trick was moving pet to runes under that slow field (that was killing me on last phase).

It's hard but doable.

How do you slow the axe murderer as Demo? That guy ran my shit in. Fear him? Can you banish Sigryn when she turns into a demon?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dmon83 View Post
    How do you slow the axe murderer as Demo? That guy ran my shit in. Fear him? Can you banish Sigryn when she turns into a demon?
    permanent doomguard and use cripple on axe guy. I don't know if Sigryn can be banished, but even if she cast it it's not a problem as she stops dealing damage when she gets feared. You just need to make sure you do a re fear for her buff to run out.

Deleted
    I have now completed the affliction part without the slow ring and with a strat that requires no real gear check either. I will be uploading as soon as possible. There is hope for all you guys out there

Quote Originally Posted by Drakile View Post
    How the fuck, did you deal with that phase where everything is in play?
    150+ pulls in and I still hit a wall at 3:30-4minutes
    We are warlocks. You can live through a rune or tank the enrage of the guy or get hit by valkyr if you want to. You have unending resolve on top of that as well. I assume you have macros bound to target the appropriate mobs with fear, cripple, and whatever that interrupt is called. I do have sephuz which helped a bit but it wasn't really a dealbreaker. My other legendary is the bracers which is really fucking great with supremacy blizzard.

Also it should be pretty obvious to have gateways on the east and west rune spawns with a circle on the south one.

Quote Originally Posted by venomzxd View Post
    For affliction there are two mandatory things to success, Sarcolash ring and gear above 905+, at least 908 without ring and having luck
    Did as 896, with sacrolash and sephuz.

My tips:

Haunt over WiA and MG. Why? Pair with high shards + sephuz proc + haunt on hands followed by haunt + shard dump on Karam.
    AC over Cont. Why? Because I found easier to kite.
    MOrtal coil over circle. Another way to proc Sephuz and more gap while kiting.
    SH> SoS or SL. Pairs well with haunt + shard dump.Plus you can get crazy timers when lil adds are dotted.
    Burning rush.No need do explain.
    Sup.Ditto.
    SC > SE. Because I need all my attention on mechanics and its better for shard dump paired with haunt and SH.

Flasked, mastery food and rune. Drums also.

All runes soaked by pet. It makes waaaaay easier.
    Killed karam first on P3 to stop hands spawning.
    When raest is alone its cake.

Good luck all.
    Last edited by Fennixx; 2017-04-04 at 01:26 PM.

Deleted
    Just finished the affliction one without the ring, holy crap was that toxic.
    Some tips: When you're kiting, try to run around objects like tree's or those wells filled with green goo. If he gets close to you, you can make you turns to make him lagg for 1-2 seconds. Get hit by him once close to the end. Make sure to use your shieldwall to not get one hit. It'll give you ~4-5 seconds to cast some UA's into him.
    Use your pet to soak the runes in P3. Use your Doomguard on passive to make sure that it doesn't start attacking those small voidlings. Lost some tries because it overaggroed those and died.

I played with WiA, Contagion, Siphon Life, Burning Rush and Effigy. I'm 905 and used hood with Prydaz.
    The opener is crucial.
    When he says: I obey.
    Pop your potion and burning rush and open with a fear on him. Then follow up with effigy which you dot up.
    You'll have 1-2 sec left of the fear, target him, apply dots and instantly cripple him when fear breaks.
    Make some distance while applying the rest of your dots. And spam UA's into a mortal coil as soon as he's in range. Finish your shards and start refreshing your dots while kiting.
    ALWAYS keep max distance. Only time you should stand still is when you're casting UA. Otherwise just run while reapplying instants.
    Never turn of burning rush, your Siphon Life is enough to keep you at max HP all the time.

If the distance is good between you, cast 1-2 UA's and continue refreshing dots while running around on the rock.
    The next time cripple is ready, make sure your pet is in range and cast as many UA's as you can.
    Your next UA dump will be when your next coil is ready.
    When coil ends, take the portal and cast the remaining of your UA's.
    You should be able to squeeze another cripple and tank a hit from him after the portal which should give you enough time to finish him off. Make sure to not get knocked out of the ridge and healthstone after you take the hit.

When P2 begins, put agony on the main boss to regen some shards and put your pet onto him. You can turn of Burning rush here until you get more Siphons out.
    As soon as adds spawn, cast seed and agony + SL on one mob. Then spam some seeds while refreshing agony and SL on some of them. Try to kite them around the caster so that they clump up. If you're lucky and good with the kiting you should be able to kill ~50-70% of the voidlings.

As soon as he awakens: Apply your instant dots on him and the effigy and cripple him again. Spam UA til he's close and start running.
    When the first hand spawns, apply instant dots to it. Coil the dude you're kiting and apply 3 UA's to the hand. Then interrupt the cast at the end of the cast. Also put the pet on attack on the hand. This combo should always be enough to kill the hands without you having to bother with them.
    Just focus on keeping your dots up and on the second cripple do another UA dump. He should die pretty fast here.
    Just do the same thing on the second hand. If you're not able to kill the second hand before a cast goes off and spell lock is on CD, banish it at the end of the cast and finish it later once Karem's dead.

The second time he's regenerating is your time to finish off as many voidlings as possible.
    Keep track on when he's casting the rune and place your pet there, remember to keep it on passive.
    When he spawns, cast bloodlust and your second pot and focus on keeping dots up at 100%. Cast UA in your cripple windows.
    Kill the first hand during your BL, it'll finish of fast and banish the second one 30 sec later.
    Only focus on killing him and absorbing the runes.
    You should be able to kill him in the duration of 2 runes and 2 hands being spawned.

Once he's dead and the hands are dead you've basically beaten the boss. AoE down the voidlings while you keep an eye out for more runes spawning.
    The last dude's easy, you'll outheal his damage.

Hope this helps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWkgsZGItS4

Not my vid, but found somebody doing the demo challenge. Looks like they're using prydaz, with shadow fury and soul conduit talented? I'm just hoping dbm/big wigs gets some timers for this stuff to make my life easier...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadandlivin View Post
    Just finished the affliction one without the ring, holy crap was that toxic.
    Some tips: When you're kiting, try to run around objects like tree's or those wells filled with green goo. If he gets close to you, you can make you turns to make him lagg for 1-2 seconds. Get hit by him once close to the end. Make sure to use your shieldwall to not get one hit. It'll give you ~4-5 seconds to cast some UA's into him.
    Use your pet to soak the runes in P3. Use your Doomguard on passive to make sure that it doesn't start attacking those small voidlings. Lost some tries because it overaggroed those and died.

I played with WiA, Contagion, Siphon Life, Burning Rush and Effigy. I'm 905 and used hood with Prydaz.
    The opener is crucial.
    When he says: I obey.
    Pop your potion and burning rush and open with a fear on him. Then follow up with effigy which you dot up.
    You'll have 1-2 sec left of the fear, target him, apply dots and instantly cripple him when fear breaks.
    Make some distance while applying the rest of your dots. And spam UA's into a mortal coil as soon as he's in range. Finish your shards and start refreshing your dots while kiting.
    ALWAYS keep max distance. Only time you should stand still is when you're casting UA. Otherwise just run while reapplying instants.
    Never turn of burning rush, your Siphon Life is enough to keep you at max HP all the time.

If the distance is good between you, cast 1-2 UA's and continue refreshing dots while running around on the rock.
    The next time cripple is ready, make sure your pet is in range and cast as many UA's as you can.
    Your next UA dump will be when your next coil is ready.
    When coil ends, take the portal and cast the remaining of your UA's.
    You should be able to squeeze another cripple and tank a hit from him after the portal which should give you enough time to finish him off. Make sure to not get knocked out of the ridge and healthstone after you take the hit.

When P2 begins, put agony on the main boss to regen some shards and put your pet onto him. You can turn of Burning rush here until you get more Siphons out.
    As soon as adds spawn, cast seed and agony + SL on one mob. Then spam some seeds while refreshing agony and SL on some of them. Try to kite them around the caster so that they clump up. If you're lucky and good with the kiting you should be able to kill ~50-70% of the voidlings.

As soon as he awakens: Apply your instant dots on him and the effigy and cripple him again. Spam UA til he's close and start running.
    When the first hand spawns, apply instant dots to it. Coil the dude you're kiting and apply 3 UA's to the hand. Then interrupt the cast at the end of the cast. Also put the pet on attack on the hand. This combo should always be enough to kill the hands without you having to bother with them.
    Just focus on keeping your dots up and on the second cripple do another UA dump. He should die pretty fast here.
    Just do the same thing on the second hand. If you're not able to kill the second hand before a cast goes off and spell lock is on CD, banish it at the end of the cast and finish it later once Karem's dead.

The second time he's regenerating is your time to finish off as many voidlings as possible.
    Keep track on when he's casting the rune and place your pet there, remember to keep it on passive.
    When he spawns, cast bloodlust and your second pot and focus on keeping dots up at 100%. Cast UA in your cripple windows.
    Kill the first hand during your BL, it'll finish of fast and banish the second one 30 sec later.
    Only focus on killing him and absorbing the runes.
    You should be able to kill him in the duration of 2 runes and 2 hands being spawned.

Once he's dead and the hands are dead you've basically beaten the boss. AoE down the voidlings while you keep an eye out for more runes spawning.
    The last dude's easy, you'll outheal his damage.

Hope this helps.
    Cheers for the write up, it's going to help loads when I finally get around to try this tonight. The difficult and prestige around it (especially as I don't have the ring) is going to make it feel so worthwhile.

Deleted
    Video of the affliction artifact challenge without the use of a single slow effect.
    Someone feel free to repost as i can't actually post links yet.

youtube.com/ watch?v=kXzoK8kVxhY

Quote Originally Posted by Sgtbaker View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWkgsZGItS4

Not my vid, but found somebody doing the demo challenge. Looks like they're using prydaz, with shadow fury and soul conduit talented? I'm just hoping dbm/big wigs gets some timers for this stuff to make my life easier...
    The axe guy just fucking stands there? lol what. I gotta try again. Does he gain a buff that makes him crazy? This looks easy in that v ideo.

Quote Originally Posted by dmon83 View Post
    The axe guy just fucking stands there? lol what. I gotta try again. Does he gain a buff that makes him crazy? This looks easy in that v ideo.
    Yeah, when his fixate ends he just stands there til it comes off cooldown