Page 9 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Besides making Master skins feel less prestigious (Now they are on the same level as bought skins) the game is heading in the right direction being able to unlock everything just from playing.

Though I would prefer they spent some time improving match making rather than adding sprays and emoji that add nothing to the game lol.

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    The only master skins i really like is for Valeera, Tassadar and Thrall. Kinda dissapointed with Uther mastery skin because they added only grand marshal helmet instead of giving him lightbringer T6 set for paladins.
    Yeah, I went through and looked at every hero's master skins that I don't already have(I only have Li Ming, Valla, and Tyrande) cause I was thinking hey, I can actually get these without having to play hundreds of games on the heroes now, lets see what I'll get. And after looking at every hero, I was like, uhh, Thrall, Valeera, Xul, maybe a Zagara one cause I dig the blue tint, maybe one of the Tyreal tints?

Quote Originally Posted by Tyraz View Post
    Though I would prefer they spent some time improving match making rather than adding sprays and emoji that add nothing to the game lol.
    Again, how would the art department contribute to improving match making exactly?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    Again, how would the art department contribute to improving match making exactly?
    Meant diverting resources to specific departments etc. The game doesn't need stuff you can paint on the ground, it's literally pointless

Quote Originally Posted by Tyraz View Post
    Meant diverting resources to specific departments etc. The game doesn't need stuff you can paint on the ground, it's literally pointless
    I don't see the point either personally, but surely those people are blizzard employees, they're getting paid regardless so to speak.

have they said anything about rerolling daily quests? I really want that feature.

Wow that 70 inital limit on tge lootboxes is some proper BS. Are you telling me that if I got most heroes on lvl 10 by now, I will have hard time getting stuff compared to someone who has plenty of unleveled heroes?

What exactly is the reason behind this middle finger towards veteran players?

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Wow that 70 inital limit on tge lootboxes is some proper BS. Are you telling me that if I got most heroes on lvl 10 by now, I will have hard time getting stuff compared to someone who has plenty of unleveled heroes?

What exactly is the reason behind this middle finger towards veteran players?
    Early levels require considerably more XP now and high level XP caps out at 1.1 mil or so now, so while you'll get lootboxes slower than new players, it's not too bad. Keep in mind that you reaped the benefits of the 1.0 reward system and that they have to ramp up rewards for newer players to make sure they stand a chance of unlocking a reasonable hero collection at a decent pace. Which is harder now since the game has easily twice as many heroes now than when I started, for example. You'll also pretty much get $10 (1k gems) in addition to 70 chests (note that 70 chests requires PL 1k or higher). I was unsure about the veteran rewards aswell at first but honestly, Blizzard is being quite generous.

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    The only master skins i really like is for Valeera, Tassadar and Thrall. Kinda dissapointed with Uther mastery skin because they added only grand marshal helmet instead of giving him lightbringer T6 set for paladins.
    I can bet they are holding that for Tirion. At least I hope we get Tirion and not Liadrin as the ret paladin in HotS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    I can bet they are holding that for Tirion. At least I hope we get Tirion and not Liadrin as the ret paladin in HotS.
    I vote for Maraad if we are ever to get ret paladin in HotS. Another old human male paladin would be so boring...

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    I vote for Maraad if we are ever to get ret paladin in HotS. Another old human male paladin would be so boring...
    Well, not that this is Blizzard's most important trait in characters they pick for HotS, but Tirion is an iconic character since WotLK. Maraad is a guy whos only achievement is getting killed in WoD, and this is the only thing players may remember him for. As I said, this isn't THAT important, since we recently got Valeera, and not Garona, who'd be the most obvious choice for a rogue. But I'm thinking if Blizzard wants to add a draenei in HotS, it would be Velen. And if they really want to add a WoD character, they could forge Y'rel into another multiclass hero. Not only she started out as a priestess, but she is seen using different weapons throughout WoD, so it would make some sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ophion1990 View Post
    Early levels require considerably more XP now and high level XP caps out at 1.1 mil or so now, so while you'll get lootboxes slower than new players, it's not too bad. Keep in mind that you reaped the benefits of the 1.0 reward system and that they have to ramp up rewards for newer players to make sure they stand a chance of unlocking a reasonable hero collection at a decent pace. Which is harder now since the game has easily twice as many heroes now than when I started, for example. You'll also pretty much get $10 (1k gems) in addition to 70 chests (note that 70 chests requires PL 1k or higher). I was unsure about the veteran rewards aswell at first but honestly, Blizzard is being quite generous.
    Agree. The '70 chests' discussion is at least a bit wierd anyway.

Blizzard is a business, they are in this to make money. They produce sexy pixels and less sexy pixels at the same marginal cost: zero. So it makes no sense to drown players in crap, as the good stuff isn't more expensive. The number 70 is completely, I mean 100%, arbitrary. They could as easily provide attractive rewards in three chests as unattractive rewards in 70.000 chests. Or raise the number of chests to 90 as a gesture and compromise without actually giving player better rewards at all.

All of this could have been communicated better and some harsh borderline cases avoided, i.e. people being hero level 10 in the new system and getting no reward vs being 1000 xp under level 10 and getting an extra chest. But overall the system is neither unreasonable nor completely unfair imho.

Quote Originally Posted by ophion1990 View Post
    (note that 70 chests requires PL 1k or higher)
    Wait, what? Currently, on PTR you get a chest every player level. Where does the 1k thing come from?

10+ Year Old Account
    I just don't like the sidelining of the tints into extra "items."
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kjalar View Post
    Wait, what? Currently, on PTR you get a chest every player level. Where does the 1k thing come from?
    Players get a chest for every new/extra level they achieve. For 'old' high level accounts, you don't get those chests retroactively, rather up to 70 chests as explained in the progression post. You need to be level ~600 to receive ~65 of those chests.

Deleted
    I honestly dislike the chat-"emotes". A feature well worth of scrapping.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I just don't like the sidelining of the tints into extra "items."
    I agree with you. I wanted more tints overall, and while there are some new ones coming, it seems like players will be unable to use some existing tints - and new players will have it worse.

It also feels like a lazy way of introducing content in the future. Imagine a couple of new skins each month with just 1 or 2 tints and then followed by 1 tint of an existing skin (palette recolor)...

Also New heroes will now just come with 1 extra skin. (I hope I am wrong here) with what they did with the master skin changes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Or Zarya. Ugh. Fuck, never going to buy it.
    Actually one of my favorite master skins. But sadly I don't think I will be able to get it before HOTS2.0 as I just reached Level 9 on Zarya a few days ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Kjalar View Post
    Veteran chests are rewarded differently. Every 10 levels will give you 1 common chest, capping at 35, every 25 levels you get a rare chest capping at 20 and every 100 levels you get an epic chest capping at 10, meaning you have to be level 1000 to get the max epic chests. In addition to this, everyone who played atleast 1 game of heroes gets 5 free common chests to bring the max chest cap to 70.

This is in comparison to the 1 rare chest every 5 levels, 1 epic chest every 25 levels and a free common chest for every other level you get in the new system.

Note that all the times I use levels I mean player levels, not hero levels.

I see, thanks for the explanations.