Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Which dungeons? You still need to "get together with 4 other people and conquer a difficult instance", because difficult instances are not available in LFG
    About every dungeon you do during leveling? About every dungeon you do if you're causal/PVP player and don't care about mythic+ etc.?

10+ Year Old Account
    it didn't change, online communities are that way, some are worse than others overall

and overall the wow community is decent, at least the vast majority is passionate about the game

just focus on the best and ignore some

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gardoc View Post
    About every dungeon you do during leveling? About every dungeon you do if you're causal/PVP player and don't care about mythic+ etc.?
    Leveling experience is a total whack for how big the game become, that's for sure, and lack of LFG tool would only lead to players skipping dungeoneering in favor of leveling (because dungeons at low levels don't make any sense now). What makes you think that casuals or pvp players don't care about M+ dungeons? I can't see how anyone would pass on M+ dungeons (outside of being insecure about himself and not being able to form a group), they do not have any prerequisites, they are not demanding time-vice, and they have wide net of difficulties via keystones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    Nothing has changed.
    But since WoTLK, WoW fan-sites have slowly died out. Making everyone come to few huge places instead. There is no wow-insider, tankspot, EJ, thottbot etc etc anymore. And EU forums are a joke like they have always been (good luck ever getting proper Blue response on EU forums. Maybe once in a blue moon..hurhur).

So in short: "community" is no longer spread, therefore it looks like huge cesspool of angry people if you come here. But its kinda not.

Basically everyone does 3 things.
    1) Play the game silently and never complain. Or Play and whine on trade.
    2) Whine on US forums (or pretend EU forums are relevant)
    3) Come to MMO-champion to complain, or discuss.

Even the second biggest fansite, Wowhead, gets barely 10 comments each news article.
    Thats worse than some trashy random fashion blogspot blogger.
    Oh and, btw, those comments are as whiny "my class is shit now -Said by top DPS fotm" as most comments are.

Nothing has changed for WoW community. Everything has changed for gaming community.
    Get what I mean? Good.

Oh and I still disagree with use of "community" just because we play same game.
    Just because I would buy iPhone doesnt make me part of some "apple community". It doesnt exists.
    But for sake of argument, lets go without that.
    Last edited by mmocd6ad878d9b; 2017-04-04 at 11:03 AM.

This is a subscription game with additional cosmetic microtransactions and service costs that are double their competition or more. After ten years that level of monetary investment colours opinion far more than you would think.

Please define: "the WoW community" - now and then.
    #MakeBlizzardGreatAgain

7+ Year Old Account
    Every time I visit this forum, the only thing I see is hate and blind fanboyism. People want to play vanilla, because its completely different game and they prefer it, and you tell them to f*ck off and take off their nostalgia goggles. People complain about Blizzard hiding numbers from players, because numbers have been always important part of every MMO, and again you tell them to f*ck off and stop complaining. People complain about prune, because it is lowering skill and ruining PVP (I played every xpac, it was never just a shadowbolt spam like some people like to claim), and again you just tell them to adapt and that pruning is actually good, because you didn't use the spell. And the list goes on. What happened to this community? Why do you blindly hate every person that doesn't agree with Blizzard and their changes?
    Imean I'd partically like to blame the game Itself, WoW for not encouraging team play, commuciation and group-based content ever since Vanilla/TBC and to some extend Wrath. Ever since Cata everything's been "Solo, solo solo" they might have aswell made the game singleplayer which It's been for years now, but they want your 15 bucks for the sub

And then there's just fanboys, fanboys will always be fanboys, you just have to spot them, Ignore them as their opinions will not matter for they will be painted with giant bias, have no constructive criticism or reasoning and so there's no point even acknowledging them.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nmityosaurus View Post
    The sad thing is it's not specific to WoW's community. The attitude across the board with gamers in general is a shitshow lately, you can literally log into ANY semi-competitive game and get abused 9/10 games.
    I completely agree with you. The fact that the competitive scene is overwhelmingly compiled from those under twenty (aside, perhaps, from Hearthstone) isn't a coincidence.

7+ Year Old Account
    Many ppl are blizzards white knights. Those ppl liked wod..... I hope you got an answer.

Btw wow is perfect. Isnt it?
    Legion is the worst expansion
    BFA=Blizzard Failed Again
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._google_trend/

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Yeah, no. The community isn't the same. The same people who played in 2005, 2006, 2007 aren't really the same people now.

If we'd assume people who played back then were between 15-20 years, that means they were borned in, let's say 1985-1990. Now, people would be born in around 2000. It's not really unknown that people born in the late 90's and early 2000 are a completely different generation when it comes to maturity and entitlement. Even studies confirms this.
    Lots of people who played back in 2005,2006,2007 still play. Not sure why you think the people who play today were all / mostly born around 2000....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HordeFanboy View Post
    Many ppl are blizzards white knights. Those ppl liked wod..... I hope you got an answer.

Pretty sure all the blizzdrones hang out on Wowreddit, it's like an echochamber for Blizzard's ass kissers over there. Any comment criticizing Blizzard is down voted into oblivion within minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by HordeFanboy View Post

Lots of people like different things.

I generally like the majority of design choices Blizzard makes and defend those against the hordes of whiners who spend 90% of their time posting negative stuff so in your eyes im probably a "Blizzard white Knight". However I didn't like WOD and I didn't like Cataclysm. I also thought the legendary system was incredibly poorly thought out on release and for many months after (it's a lot better now but it's still a long way from perfect).

It's almost like you can defend the things you like even when lots of people don't like them but still agree with some criticisms of the things you yourself don't like. Weird isn't it... But not as weird as those who seemingly never post about anything good in the game, spend the whole time complaining about every little change no matter how insignifigant and seemingly (from the tone of their posts) get almost no fun from the game yet still continue to play or just post about the game years after they allegedly quit.
    Last edited by Paulosio; 2017-04-04 at 01:41 PM.

What I've noticed is that influencers have a HUGE impact on mmochampion's threads and opinions lately. I follow many of these influencers and when they release a video about specific topics, you can bet it will show up here, which is okay, but then we have these people who learn these influencers' opinions basically word by word and belch back to these forums.
    Also almost all the influencers went full white knight between wod and legion. I don't know what happened (I thought blizz started to pay them because it has happened to many at once), but even the more opinionated ones became pussies.

15+ Year Old Account
    That's the attitude I was originally talking about...
    That's not attitude. You're just late to the party. Some of these topics have been discussed for years on here with threads popping up every week saying the same thing in a different way. So people are sick of it. Of course people could just not reply and ignore the thread but this is the internet. People aren't going to sit back and be silent in 2017.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    That's not attitude. You're just late to the party. Some of these topics have been discussed for years on here with threads popping up every week saying the same thing in a different way. So people are sick of it. Of course people could just not reply and ignore the thread but this is the internet. People aren't going to sit back and be silent in 2017.
    So why don't they reply with "We get this kind of thread everyday, so there's no need for another one" instead of "Shut up, there will absolutely NEVER be legacy servers and btw I tried vanilla and I didn't like it, therefore you don't like it as well and it's just nostalgia, so shut up and play my version of game"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    What I've noticed is that influencers have a HUGE impact on mmochampion's threads and opinions lately. I follow many of these influencers and when they release a video about specific topics, you can bet it will show up here, which is okay, but then we have these people who learn these influencers' opinions basically word by word and belch back to these forums.
    Also almost all the influencers went full white knight between wod and legion. I don't know what happened (I thought blizz started to pay them because it has happened to many at once), but even the more opinionated ones became pussies.
    Can you be more specific? I would like to check out these people.

I have no idea why that is but it's true, if you don't think the latest patch is the greatest thing since sliced bread and that blizzard can do no wrong you're scum and will be treated as such. It's not just your general Joe everyday that feels like this, some mods will defend blizzard with their last dying breath.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well then they should stop calling themselves MMORPGs, if they're changing to MOBAs etc. And btw I just want to make it clear I'm not subbed for 5 months now.
    If WoW was a MOBA it would only have PVP in the game. PVP is a small feature of the game. It's a Massive Multi-player Online game with RPG elements. It's still one the largest if not the largest MMORPG still running today with a wide variety of different features.

I understand people who embrace the old WoW because it has natural time sinks built into the game to do nothing other than waste the players time. But in today's world most people don't enjoy that. They want to spend their time playing the game. Vanilla WoW took many ideas from Everquest, the king of time wasting but those concepts have slowly been removed from the game over 13 years.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    Many of the "influencers" have been critical of parts of Legion, and rightfully so.

The community isn't the same because the game isn't the same. It used to be primarily about skill and playing with friends to overcome challenges. It's now about improving Actiblizzard's "deep engagement" metric of total hours played so there's 1/4 of the people playing 5X as much. In other words, a much more unhealthy community where the primary people left are those who are socially challenged and drawn to improving their epeen through unhealthy amounts of solo (or small clique-y groups for M+) play time.

15+ Year Old Account
    So why don't they reply with "We get this kind of thread everyday, so there's no need for another one" instead of "Shut up, there will absolutely NEVER be legacy servers and btw I tried vanilla and I didn't like it, therefore you don't like it as well and it's just nostalgia, so shut up and play my version of game"
    Because there's a Legacy servers post already and it's over 1000 pages long. You should search for it and post there. That's how forums work. Opening new threads on the same topic can trigger people and rightfully so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    Lots of people who played back in 2005,2006,2007 still play. Not sure why you think the people who play today were all / mostly born around 2000....
    You appear to have misunderstood my post.
    Hi