Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FaithInTheDark View Post
    Love how there are no outlaw rogue tips yet!! Makes it look a little overtuned for them.
    I've tried it at least 20 times and my best attempt was 34%, then I had to reroll 8 times and fell too far behind. I think the feint legs would help a lot, but I don't have those. I could definitely kill it with good rolls, but the droughts just feel inevitable over an encounter this long.

Trying to get this skin reminded me why I hate Outlaw so much. The swings in RNG are just stupid, and if you roll poorly for the umbral + shield combos, you just die.

They weren't kidding when they said it would be difficult.

Fury Warr, but only 887, running legendary bracers and prydaz. Still haven't gotten to phase 2
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

Stood in the Fire LegendaryDude's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So... Trying this at 875 is probably pretty useless then right?^^

Quote Originally Posted by LegendaryDude View Post
    So... Trying this at 875 is probably pretty useless then right?^^
    I would say so, all the mobs have alot of health and do alot of damage. Not sure how you're expected to this without reliable self heals or just plain out gearing it.

7+ Year Old Account
    and the reward for this is that orrible artifact skin as a shaman elemental?
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

Deleted
    Love how there are no outlaw rogue tips yet!! Makes it look a little overtuned for them.
    RNG kills us. 5 bad rolls in a row and you're screwed.

Deleted
    I just completed the challenge as a 906 Fire mage.

I did it methodically over the course of many pulls, just so I can practice control and keeping the area clean. The hardest part is having a nasty overlap (umbrals + shield), but keeping the servants frozen with 2x Frost Novas was really helpful. I treated my second potion as a aid to clear the adds, not so much DPS the boss.

Talents used:
    Conflag (I experimented with Pyromaniac, since no benefit of Conf after execute range, but I got frustrated with bad RNG)
    Shimmer
    Mirror Image (invaluable here, IMO)
    Flame On (fewer hard cast fireballs to get Hot Steaks)
    Ice Ward
    Flame Patch
    Meteor (use it on the shield)

Legendaries: Prydaz and Koralon's

I could have used the Dragon's Breath helmet, but I settled on Prydaz and the scorch belt. The freedom to move in the execute phase and the ability to quickly finish a select imp (umbral, servant, or plagued especially) was very helpful to me. I got the helm recently as well, so I wasn't too comfortable forfeiting Flame On for Alex's Warth. I also treated DB as an interrupt on the Servants or Umbrals, nothing more frustrating than the Umbral imps translocating away from the Flame Patch.

Trinkets: I don't have the Krosus AoE trinket so I used the regular Metronome+Whispers combo. I played around with a lower ilvl Fury of the Burning Sky, but I didn't particularly like it. Too often the proc happened on the plague imp as it was exploding. The Krosus trinket will make things a lot easier though.

Overall, things do get messy at the end no matter what and my comfort with using Koralon's helped. You need to adapt on the fly to the adds, especially the Plague Imps. It will be a major judgment call whether to let them explode or kill them. If you are a long time used of the DB helmet, you can certainly make it work as that's what the 2 kill videos I watched used.

Good luck to all.
    Last edited by mmoc2462126d54; 2017-04-04 at 09:03 AM.

My "tips" were really basic for elemental so I thought I'd add some more to it

1. Positioning:
    Especially if you don't have root pants to handhold you, putting the fuming/kamikaze imps along a single side is very important as it will kill you later in the fight if not handled properly. Bad placement can be fatal when combined with later hectic imp management and meteor dodges since our dmg mobility isn't great and you can fall behind if not well geared.

A nice strat is to put them in the wide area edge where you get ported in rather than starting where I did. When she ports just keep putting imps on the same side however far you're up. When it gets later you might need to start placing imps on the opposite side but only do this if you're falling behind on healing/dps and can't afford to stack the pools, or are just walled off by an incoming meteor.

2. Cooldowns:
    For most people, you'll want to use Fire Elemental on pull, and save lust for when you're 2nd one comes up. The fight should be close to dying if not dead by the time the later Fire Elemental is ending. My killtime was faster so I just saved lust + ele for the first time I was in the wide area in P2

Make sure you're not over committing CDs by blowing stormkeeper and magma on a single wildcard imp wave later in the fight. Sometimes if you're threatened you may have to blow everything but then you have nothing for awhile, except possibly stun totem, which without some lucky procs won't help as much. Since imp wildcard spawns are 1 min in between and healer imps are 45 secs in between, you might need to save a stormkeeper for a healer imp wave. Or if the healer wave comes just before, you can make them overlap more by Tstorm delaying the wave.

3. Root or Stun? (TLDR: stun is typically better, root only if you're doing the yolo kite strategy)
    I was torn deciding between stun totem and root totem as you can do drastically different strategies with them. With root totem, it lets you ignore the healing imps for a time. In P1 you can't completely prevent them from getting to the boss but sometimes prolonging them lets you deal with other imps or her shield with less pressure. Then in P2 with some pinpoint management, you can (somewhat) endlessly keep the healing imps at bay as you ping pong from each end of the cave, using bind totem for existing spawns, rooting new spawns, and using Tstorm as a last line of defense when all the imps are about to get through. In theory, this takes a big part of the damage requirement out of the fight assuming you don't slip up. But the problem is it can be easy to slip up when dealing with other parts of the fights and it can be hard to recover if your gang of imps gets through. Also the dmg lost by worrying about imp kite management can offset the dmg gained by not killing the imps. I thought this strat would be fun to do but it's really not necessary unless you're finding yourself under geared and it's the only way you can make the damage checks.

I've also seen people say they were thinking of using the roots to only periodically kite the imps before burning down a big wave of them, but to me it seems you'll end up being CD starved when it comes to killing the wildcard imp waves afterwards. Once you're kiting/slowing a larger group of heal imps, you won't really be able to stack them with the wildcard imp waves easily. With smaller groups you can typically use Tstorm to stack them but try that with a bigger group and you'll end up with imps off to the sides most of the time.

Stun totem on the other hand is much more simple to use, makes controlling/killing imps waves easier, and can free up interrupts for Dark Fury rather than heals. It's can also be more versatile such as in a situation where you can stun far fireball imps or healer imps + fuming depending on which is more threatening. Sometimes you can even get every imp in the same stun which offers way higher kill value than roots.

What legendaries what you guys recommend on ele shammy? I know the legs are pretty much mandatory but how about 2nd? I have ring (the shammy one, not sephuz) shoulders, boots and wrists. I was actually thinking about wrists for clearing the adds as I had couple tries yesterday with shoulders and i got overwhelmed by them.
    I am bored at work so i can't try it now

Sad part is this isn't difficult and it will be made trivial by higher ilvl.

Deleted
    This is INSANE For fury warrior without the legendary bracers. Only people i seen kill this , is people with the mannaroth bracers, so they get that ekstra healing.

I dont see how a fury warrior can do this, i get owned, and cant really hold my healing :S

The Survival Hunter one is impossible right now. I just don't have the damage to take down the ice shard's fast enough.By the time I can hit my AoE ability once I'm down to 50% health. I'm 899 equipped using an 865 Arcanocrystal and 865 Eye of Command w/ 3.5mil health.

I stopped trying after 4-5 attempts. I could see how it could be done but like someone else mentioned, you get a few bad rolls and you lose. The only heals we have are a long cd hot or questionable RNG for the leech buff roll. Or the legendary pants but... a whole new set of problems with those since it takes away dps to maintain the healing they provide. Will have to WAY outgear this as outlaw unless they fix us.
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    aH yes, the Y chromosome, noted summoner of rape demons from the misogyny dimension.

as a 900 fire mage .. this seems fairly difficult .. specially when the imp mother goes to the 2nd platform and shield spawns with adds that give her immunity and u have to dodge the bolders as well

FRUSTRATING

Just did it as feral 905 equipped with current talents:
    Predator
    Renewal
    BA
    mass root
    savage roar
    jagged wounds
    brutal slash
    for legendaries I used Prydaz and ekowraith
    used arcanogolem digit and frond as trinkets
    used drums at 30%
    took me 17 tries with various builds and legos

http://imgur.com/a/Vs6CK

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    I've tried it at least 20 times and my best attempt was 34%, then I had to reroll 8 times and fell too far behind. I think the feint legs would help a lot, but I don't have those. I could definitely kill it with good rolls, but the droughts just feel inevitable over an encounter this long.
    I have the feint legs, and it doesn't even matter. Staying alive isn't our issue - on-demand burst is. I even tried using Kil'jaeden burning piss, and it still isn't good enough, because the umbral imps spawn 10-15 secs faster than the trinket can recharge.

32 tries - Even had 2x 6buffs in one of them and got destroy because she TPed + spawned 2x fire ball imps and 2x umbral and a decay imp. Fuck. me.

897 Outlaw rogue here. I tried three times and only got to 89%. Was obvious to me pretty early that I wasn't going to be making it far. I have the healing legs and I was spending way too much of my energy just spamming feint and not enough of it dishing out damage. Outlaw rogues are not exactly ideal for any fight requiring reliable, heavy burst damage on demand.

I've been waiting to see any videos of any outlaw rogues completing this and I haven't yet.

Edit: 89, not 78 :P
    Last edited by jimboa24; 2017-04-04 at 06:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    event that required absolutly zero skill and simply just some gear (fire mage). Until you can break shield fast enough (905+ at least with 800k+ dps) its just waste of time. With 910+ must be ez as hell. Problem not in heal at all - you just cannot remove shield in time if you are below 900. And this is the only reason why you can die here. Adds aint a real problem here.

A lot of people seem to miss the point. You reduce the damage you take by dealing damage to the right enemies at the right time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Visor View Post
    event that required absolutly zero skill and simply just some gear (fire mage). Until you can break shield fast enough (905+ at least with 800k+ dps) its just waste of time. With 910+ must be ez as hell. Problem not in heal at all - you just cannot remove shield in time if you are below 900. And this is the only reason why you can die here. Adds aint a real problem here.
    You sound really sour. Feel free to post your video once you kill it in 2-3 months so we can see how little skill is required