Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    A quick look at this kids twitter. Hes doing TED talks, runs 2 companys (PR) and has ££££. Surely thats why he got in. This kid screams bullshit artist, good luck son.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rayden54 View Post
    One of the comments on the article raises an interesting point: who got passed over for this person to be admitted.
    He would have gotten admitted regardless. He is a minority and well off.

I would say it's appropriate to call writing "BLM" on an application 100 times.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    He has a picture with Obama and Hillary Clinton. He has a house with a pool in New Jersey. He is the definition of privilege.

Neither his letter nor Grades mattered, his money did.
    winner /10chars
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

How is this relevant news?
    Money talks, bullshit walks..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Is virtue signaling a new dumb term, like SWJ, cuck, etc?
    Didn't you guys make a thread on how you are proud of being called the latter term?
    Anyway, I find these terms incredibly useful and they truly match the demographic they are aimed at most of the times.

Quote Originally Posted by Guyv3r View Post
    How is this relevant news?
    This is the off-topic subforum of a world of warcraft fan site, there is no need for news to be relevant here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulslaver View Post
    Didn't you guys make a thread on how you are proud of being called the latter term?
    Anyway, I find these terms incredibly useful and they truly match the demographic they are aimed at most of the times.
    I made a thread about that? Also who is you guys?

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    A lot of people. Stanford's acceptance rate is like 5%. If they aren't a stronger applicant, that's really their own fault.
    Wouldn't it be the fault of someone accepting the application based on writing BLM 100 times rather than the person interested in school?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Wouldn't it be the fault of someone accepting the application based on writing BLM 100 times rather than the person interested in school?
    Do you think that question is the most important thing on his cv?

He gave a TED talk or TEDx whatever the hell that is. He probably has good grades too.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    Do you think that question is the most important thing on his cv?
    Dunno, in this hypothetical you'd think there were plenty of well qualified candidates with something better to write than very blunt virtue signaling.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post

He gave a TED talk or TEDx whatever the hell that is. He probably has good grades too.
    Fuck me this kids a cunt.

Every day I become more convinced that the idea of elite schools is a giant fucking meme.

TEDx is the poor people version for people the actual TED don't really want to associate with.

10+ Year Old Account
    The salt piles lol

"Teenage intellectual thought." ROFL!!!

This kid just needs to fuck off.

Man displays psychotic behaviour, is immediately accepted by the upper class, news at 11.

Really though, where is the news in this? Its no secret that the upper class love feeling good about themselves. Is it really a surprise to you that universities are frothing at the mouth, dying to be THE university that accepted the famous #BLM Psycho?

It shouldn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    So? How the fuck is this news? If I go write "OP is a Faggot" on every line of an application, will it make headlines too? People do stupid shit all the time, this isn't newsworthy.

(For the record, I'm not calling OP of this thread a Faggot.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account

Wah, my parents raised me a certain way, there fore everyone is that way and feels the way I do, wah...give me attention!

Me? I live my life my way, always have, and always will. I'm not concerned with "excellence" or competing with the Jones's. I was raised to believe that your life is what you make of it. It is up to you to chose which path to take. I may never be rich financially, but I am over flowing with a wealth of self worth.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.