Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Got my hands full with a few other MMOS atm but I'd definitely try out the beta if they give me a key.

15+ Year Old Account
    Thsi is still in beta?

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

It's a very hardcore grinding game. If you only have 2-3 hrs to play per day stay away from Albion. Since you'll spend those hrs just grinding for mats.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinxz View Post
    It's a very hardcore grinding game. If you only have 2-3 hrs to play per day stay away from Albion. Since you'll spend those hrs just grinding for mats.
    Is that what it is? Then I can't play it Eh. So in the end it's just another hardcore-grind online game aimed at teens/students/unemployed/inhouse people who have a veeery big amount of free time to sink it in it. Too bad. I've hoped it will be casual friendly. Oh well.

At long last Final Closed Beta is about to begin on 1st August, 2016

Official info and very nicely written page about the changes
    : https://albiononline.com/en/update/Final%20Beta

Quoting important changes from the email newsletter and news post:

Citizen of Albion!

Final Beta is almost upon us, with only seven more days to go until the servers go live. When exactly can you start playing? Start your countdown, because…
    Final Beta starts August 1, at 12:00 UTC!
    (14:00 CEST/05:00 PDT)
    Legendary Founders will have immediate access to Final Beta, while Epic Founders will be able to join on August 2, at 12:00 UTC, and Veteran Founders can hop on the live server on August 3, at 12:00 UTC.

What’s New?
    Brace yourself for a new adventure and enter the bigger and improved Albion! Here is what is coming on August 1:
    - New World: Royal Continents and The Outlands
    - Biomes: Swamps, Steppes and Mountains
    - New Powerful Artifact Weapons, Off-Hands and Armor Sets
    - Reworked Guild vs. Guild Battles
    - New Reputation and Crime System
    - Reworked Destiny Board
    - … and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Coins View Post
    Eh...

I'm sorry, but grinding games can be -very- relaxing to people who work lots of hours still. Turning your mind off and just chopping wood and mining ores can be very satisfying. And yeah, it's a living breathing economy / faction game with forms of perma-death. Everyone isn't supposed to be able to get the best gear and armor, only those at the top of their social circles. Many peasants, few knights and even fewer Kings.
    I agree. It just depends on the needs for a specific day, if you want immersive history like in many rpgs or "just do stuff"
    Last edited by Slaughty8; 2016-07-25 at 09:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Overhead isometric viewpoint and a hardcore grinder, easy pass.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Game looks beautiful, but I find I can't get really invested in a top-down MMO. It seems to be okay for a game like Diablo or a MOBA, where there's really no deep investment.

But when I'm investing a ton of time into a character, I want to be as immersed in that world as I can, and be as close to the perspective of the character as possible. 3rd person is even fine, but 1st person is probably my preferred viewpoint for MMOs.

Honestly? The game is not that "horrible grind" as some people say. Why? Because you can play on your own peace and not be a part of any guild and just enjoy game's relaxation values, even 2 hours/day in safe zones and safe pve zones, you can just gather, craft, do pve, play some trading or fight a little, own your own private island and build whatever you want on it and just:
    - craft
    - farm
    - rise animals for sale (mounts, and mounts do die)/food/materials
    - hire labourers
    - hire mercenaries
    then again do some pve/pvp and just enjoy.
    + it's beautiful.
    You don't have to compete with anyone if you want.

Also I am very happy of it being an Cross-Platform game, because I can just relax and comfortably lie down on the sofa and play it on my Samsung Tablet and just enjoy, like Hearthstone

A new trailer:

Last edited by Slaughty8; 2016-07-28 at 02:46 AM.

Some nice facts:
    1. Over +150k copies sold
    2. One Open World, 300km2
    3. Three zones of rivalry: noPvP, PvP with consequences and full PvP
    4. Five biomes (Forest, Mountain, Swamp, Stepps, Highlands), they will add more
    5. New interface designs: https://albiononline.com/en/news/new-ui-teaser

Release date & final beta update:
    https://albiononline.com/en/news/final-beta-roadmap

Fellow Adventurers,

First of all, we want to thank you very much for supporting us in the development of Albion Online.

The Final Beta has been running for a little more than two months. It is a good time to let you know our view on the status quo of the game and give you an update on the way forward.

Compared to Beta 1, we have fixed a lot bugs, addressed some critical game design issues and added new exciting features and content to the game. On the other hand, some of the changes made between Beta 1 and Final Beta have created new issues that need to be addressed.

On top of that, taking stock of Beta 1 and Final Beta, we still feel that some of the game’s core gameplay is not yet where it should be.

We are eager to get the game ready for release and we know that waiting for this to happen can be frustrating. Our main goal with Albion Online is for the game to be a long term success. We want the game to do well even 5 years down the road, and not suffer the crash and burn fate so common in newly released MMORPGs.

Therefore, we have decided the following:
    - Final Beta will continue into the next year
    - There will be an in-beta wipe, most likely in February/March, once we have made the necessary improvements to the game and game world
    - If these improvements turn out well, we will release the game shortly thereafter

In order to keep this announcement short, we are providing further details on the planned changes at the link below
    Feature roadmap for Release:
    https://forum.albiononline.com/index...p-for-Release/
    Last edited by Slaughty8; 2016-10-12 at 09:15 PM.

They advertise classless but I'm still scratching my head wondering if a game built around economy, crafting, building stuff and "fighting" little monster sprites actually NEEDS classes. I mean, FarmVille is a classless game too.

New update:

Faye introduces the magnificent forests to the world of Albion, where Forest Spirits and the ancient Keepers of Albion protect the land and its resources. But there is more!

An abundance of new features and improvements have been added, such as Royal Island Guild vs Guild, Guard Towers, persistent mounts, introduction of essences and more! On top of all that, we have also added the official Albion Online soundtrack to the game and ten unique emotes, to increase the overall quality of the game.

Find out all you need to know on the Faye update page!

The game's FINALLY got a release date; July 17th

Would really be nice if someday someone made a sandbox MMO that actually had pve servers. This looked amazing until I saw it was another pvp game.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearshield View Post
    Would really be nice if someday someone made a sandbox MMO that actually had pve servers. This looked amazing until I saw it was another pvp game.
    Aye.. was a real turn off to be a founder when people can just steal the things you get off it... like, what's the point then? :|

I'll be playing the game strictly F2P with zero micro transactions on my part.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    Aye.. was a real turn off to be a founder when people can just steal the things you get off it... like, what's the point then? :|

I'll be playing the game strictly F2P with zero micro transactions on my part.
    Don't carry them with you. You can keep stuff in your bank for example.

A year from final beta to released game? =\

Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    I mean, final beta started in March and goes to a release in July.

So yeah almost a year.

The initial post someone made about final beta was dated from July 2016. One would assume, with a video about it and everything, that said final beta would not be happening 9 months later.

Deleted
    Gotta milk that early access for as long as possible. The game looks like it's doa, so they know the most money they're gonna get is by selling promises during early access.

The initial post someone made about final beta was dated from July 2016. One would assume, with a video about it and everything, that said final beta would not be happening 9 months later.
    Sorry. When I see final beta, I assume it's the last beta before release.