Thread: Yooka-Laylee

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahourai View Post
    Banjo Tooie is bad, though. Like that's the main problem with making a spiritual sequel to Banjo Kazooie - the actual sequel was kind of crap even when it was made by the same people.
    banjo tooie sits also at a 94 in general, so no it's not bad

Jim called Laylee racist

said he wouldn't give the game a score cause it's so bad but gives it a 2/10 also a jon tron supporter

ya he's being hyper critical for all the wrong reasons
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Like I said Jim makes money off shit talking, not doing a genuine review.
    And how does he make money off "shit talking"?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    If the levels are bigger than even Banjo-Tooie's ones were, then who cares? Even their levels were insanely diverse within their own levels.

- - - Updated - - -

lol no it's not. The only problem with it is that it was a bit too ambitious with its size. Its one of the most solid sequels ever made.
    I'm sorry but i gotta agree, i felt tooie was just way too big for its own right. tooie imo doesn't spark that light that kazooie got, it got MORE stuff to do but it didnt make it quality stuff.

Jim called Laylee racist

said he wouldn't give the game a score cause it's so bad but gives it a 2/10 also a jon tron supporter

ya he's being hyper critical for all the wrong reasons
    And there you go, jim wouldve critiziced the game if jon was in, if he can call a fictional bat a racist then the slippery slope would begin.
    Also.... jim being a jontron supporter? didnt read anything about it.
    Last edited by barackopala; 2017-04-04 at 04:56 PM.
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

Quote Originally Posted by Howdyho View Post
    because shit talking is more entertaining and popular than doing something nice. Look at fucking reality TV like flavor of love or the real house wives. People love drama, it's literally what Jim does for a living.

attention = clicks. Look at how much he milked people being butthurt over his Zelda review. Not that I even disagree with BotW's mediocrity, but he made a nearly month long stink over it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    I'm sorry but i gotta agree, i felt tooie was just way too big for its own right. tooie imo doesn't spark that light that kazooie got, it got MORE stuff to do but it didnt make it quality stuff.
    The game was fine. It was just too much of itself. It was even more polished than BK was.

10+ Year Old Account
    The game was fine. It was just too much of itself. It was even more polished than BK was.
    I could've said the same argument for dark souls 2 and doesn't make ds2 better than ds1 esp in the pve department, the game being much more doesnt make it a more compelling game at all, bigger is not always better.
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

Deleted
    attention = clicks. Look at how much he milked people being butthurt over his Zelda review. Not that I even disagree with BotW's mediocrity, but he made a nearly month long stink over it.

- - - Updated - - -

And how do these "clicks" help him when he doesn't run ads on his website or his videos? He's patreon funded. It must be nice to be so ignorant.

I could've said the same argument for dark souls 2 and doesn't make ds2 better than ds1 esp in the pve department, the game being much more doesnt make it a more compelling game at all, bigger is not always better.
    Many people disagree that DS2 < DS1. I'd even go so far to say more people think its a superior game.

I also never said bigger was always better.

BT's mechanics were more refined yet kept the exact same feel as BK, the characters were just as diverse and funny, the only problem was that it was a bit too long. And when your first game is nearly perfect, it's pretty hard to make your sequel much different. Which it wasn't. Like I've said several times already, it was more refined and slightly longer, but that's it.

- - - Updated - - -

And how do these "clicks" help him when he doesn't run ads on his website or his videos? He's patreon funded. It must be nice to be so ignorant.
    ...are you serious? lol. I'm out.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2017-04-04 at 05:04 PM.

Different strokes I guess but I 100%ed BK and the magic was absolutely not there for the sequel - or the same team's Donkey Kong 64.

It's unfortunate that your reality is dictated to you by games magazine reviews. Fortunately, mine is not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thing is jim thrives on the drama, mostly to get supporters on patreon, esp on his situation vs nintendo, the BIG BAD EVIL COMPANY REEE, it creates a situation where fandoms clash and some of them adamantly defend jim to death, or hell, to their wallet, he is selling a product after all, which is controversy for his reviews.

It's unfortunate that your reality is dictated to you by games magazine reviews. Fortunately, mine is not.
    Yeah its almost like your universal claim the sequel is bad when the facts don't back up your claim.

Fortunately the majority matters more than the minority

Deleted
    Thing is jim thrives on the drama, mostly to get supporters on patreon, esp on his situation vs nintendo, the BIG BAD EVIL COMPANY REEE, it creates a situation where fandoms clash and some of them adamantly defend jim to death, or hell, to their wallet, he is selling a product after all, which is controversy for his reviews.
    Excepts he's a huge nintendo fan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, so, I'm not talking about this game in specific, but I'll use it as an example.

Whatever happened to just enjoying a game without arguing what other's think about it.

All of this "Well so and so said..." is so petty, and worthy of a housewife bitchfest.

Yeah its almost like your universal claim the sequel is bad when the facts don't back up your claim.
    A magazine's review is factual in that it exists, not that it's a factual judgment.

What "universal claim"? I just gave my opinion. I don't have to write "IMO" before every statement I make, it's obvious that I'm posting my opinions, not edicts from God. Although it's easy to confuse the two.

Fortunately the majority matters more than the minority
    No one's opinion about Banjo Tooie matters at all. We're talking about videogames not debating intervention in Syria at the UN.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Ok, so, I'm not talking about this game in specific, but I'll use it as an example.

Whatever happened to just enjoying a game without arguing what other's think about it.

All of this "Well so and so said..." is so petty, and worthy of a housewife bitchfest.
    The internet happened, people got a voice to the world and now they think it superior

As a avid reader of video games magazines back in the day I cannot count of how many games I enjoyed that got average to poor reviews., and I never complained as long as I enjoyed the game.

For example I liked Castlevania 64 I dont care what people say lol <3
    Last edited by Orby; 2017-04-04 at 05:56 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Banjo-Tooie has awesome levels and nice mechanics (love all the connections between levels), the problem is that it's way too easy, the jiggy requirements were very soft, and the musical notes feel kinda uselees. Unlike BK where you always have to collect more jiggies and notes.

I'm really hyped for this game, hope I don't get disappointed like with Donkey Kong Country Returns.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kharum View Post
    I'm really hyped for this game, hope I don't get disappointed like with Donkey Kong Country Returns.
    The fuck? h-how... the 3ds version imo was the better one but tbh DK:Returns is a masterpiece in platforming games tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Kharum View Post
    Banjo-Tooie has awesome levels and nice mechanics (love all the connections between levels), the problem is that it's way too easy, the jiggy requirements were very soft, and the musical notes feel kinda uselees. Unlike BK where you always have to collect more jiggies and notes.

Its both easier and way harder.

The racing jiggies, especially the last one, are all but impossible to get without some kind of auto-press controller.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post

For example I liked Castlevania 64 I dont care what people say lol <3
    Castlevania 64 was awesome and one of the first games to creep me the fuck out.

MMMMM so good.

Personally can't wait to check out Yooka-Laylee and I give no shits what some reviews say.... I mainly watch reviews for gameplay and slight interest in opinions, but in the end the only opinion that matters to me is mine.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD