Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    I guess that skins you earned during Legion will go to transmog tab, other you will be able to unlock only as artifact skin (which obviously will be not be used in current content).
    I very much doubt that.
    I think it is more likely that we either get some enhancement or replacement of the artifact system, or a reversion to something more like what we had prior, loot drops/crafted/vendor.
    We may get a temporary heirloom replacing the artifact over those levels.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead_MAX View Post
    You ask a question and I give you my answer. I have no urge to argue about it. You want to be an ass about it. Rename this topic in an appropriate manner.
    k.

I'm just being realistic. The majority of players focus on playing 1-2 classes really well, and they tend to get all the stuff for their 1-2 classes. And if the challenge is supposed to, ya know... be a *GASP* challenge, then maybe them getting their challenge appearances during the course of the expansion is reasonable. But keeping them in the game so people who have a compulsive desire to do everything on 12 characters is just unreasonable. Do the challenges on as many alts as you can, and if you don't complete them all by the end of the expansion, at least you did probably more than anyone else could.

15+ Year Old Account
    Nothing should be unobtainable. However, in order to get certain things, like titles, appearances, etc., the achievement should be done at proper level.

Like, Herald of the Titans. I know Herald is pretty easy, even at ilvl, due to many changes. However, for a time, after the new expansion, it was still a fun thing to do, to put together a group of 70s, with appropriate gear, and go do the thing.

Similarly, I think CM golds, mythic dungeoun times, tough artifact challenges should remain in the game, but you must be the appropriate level to do it. If the challenge is just as difficult as it is now, but we are two expacs down the road, is it really that diminishing that new players not around at the time, with the appropriate skill, get to have it?

Put a level cap on it, scale people down, etc. Do all those things so that when a person goes back to get it, its still tough.

Now, I dont think this is appropriate for everything, only the truly hard things that are made to be hard, and the designers have the intent behind it to keep it tough. So, this obviously excludes old raids that were nigh impossible at the time, but are trivial now. Some things are prestigious in the time you do them, some things are prestigious at any time because they are hard, and remain hard.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    I very much doubt that.
    I think it is more likely that we either get some enhancement or replacement of the artifact system, or a reversion to something more like what we had prior, loot drops/crafted/vendor.
    We may get a temporary heirloom replacing the artifact over those levels.
    Doubt what?

I just said that artifacts that we use now will not be part of 8.0 content, I'm not talking about AP system. I'm sure that system will stay, whatever it will be called. Maybe this time they will make it class, not spec specific for example.

There isn't really a point to it unless we have/get to progress with the same set of weapons next expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Still Rampant Rabbit View Post
    There isn't really a point to it unless we have/get to progress with the same set of weapons next expansion.
    Transmog bro.

no content should ever be removed from the game, if they want prestige for playing an expac it should be a toy/title/full mog set to those that sub for the xpac from release to end non-stop. but everything in game should be obtainable by anyone regardless of when they join. Even original nax should be added back to farm for all the drops (yes the "good" corrupted ashbringer as well)
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Here are my thoughts on it:

1) Shapeshifting druids get the shaft. Every other class/spec will get new weapons possibly better looking than any of the artifact appearances in Legion. Druids? Nope. Blizzard's already stated they have no plans for additional druid skins in the future, so if you're guardian or feral (which has not been in a good place this expansion) and missed out on the skins in Legion you're SOL.

2) It hurts altoholics and people who switch mains. I almost never main the same class through expansions due to Blizzard perpetually overhauling them. I've no idea which one will strike my fancy in the future. A class that I didn't play much in Legion may turn out to be my favorite in the next expansion. Blizzard's been adamantly against making the achievements account wide too.

3) It removes virtually all reason to return to Legion content. Aside from artifact appearances, Legion hasn't offered much in the way of cosmetics. Usually legacy content becomes the new solo content, but there's very little worthwhile to do outside of collecting weapon skins. It's not only removing artwork it's arguably removing content. The amount of time someone would spend unlocking appearances, especially with them being character specific and having high participation requirements (like dungeons or PvP), would be substantial.

Those are the main points for me. While I understand certain people feel the need to maintain 'prestige' that can still be accomplished without removing all of the weapon artwork throughout an entire expansion. Perhaps only those who acquired the base artifact during Legion could be allowed to continue collecting appearances for it?
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Don't really care, myself but it would be rather stupid to remove them.
    Going back to grind mounts, transmog items and such is a large part of the game for some players but at the same time, it doesn't have any negative impact on players that have no intrest in this. Taking the "skins" away would only make the game worse for a good part of the player base.

Knowing how Blizzard likes to design their games these days, they'll probably remove them anyway. They lost their sense for quality and fun game design a few expantions ago.

Can the forum mods please ban Jaylock's account forever please? You would think after dozens and dozens of regular bans they would ban his IP and account.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Should Artifact Appearances become unobtainable after the expansion ends?
    I thought the devs already stated this is the case. Is this not true? It was one of the reason I chose to play the class I did.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Don't really care, myself but it would be rather stupid to remove them.
    Going back to grind mounts, transmog items and such is a large part of the game for some players but at the same time, it doesn't have any negative impact on players that have no intrest in this. Taking the "skins" away would only make the game worse for a good part of the player base.

Knowing how Blizzard likes to design their games these days, they'll probably remove them anyway. They lost their sense for quality and fun game design a few expantions ago.
    Uhm they've been removing things since Vanilla mate. Hell they've literally done things in Vanilla where only 1 person per realm could get something.

I don't think they should all be unobtainable, but I like the idea of making the appearance from the mage tower unobtainable. Don't let future players miss out on the experience of collecting appearances, but also give current players something to show for the time they put into the weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Uhm they've been removing things since Vanilla mate. Hell they've literally done things in Vanilla where only 1 person per realm could get something.
    They sure have. One item or two. Not 10-15 items or however many artifact appearances we can get now.
    Removing rewards for some achivements such as maybe mythic+ 15 or something to do with raids might be ok but all of them? Seems really silly.

As I said though - I don't really care. I'll have them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    They also said they regret removing for example the Proto Drakes from the Naxx Meta achievement.
    Punish people for bad rng/luck to not get a certain skin is bad.
    I do agree that if you're too lazy to level a character you shouldn't receive a reward either.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think they should but it would not surprise me if they removed them. People on here love being special.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

The Challenge and balance of power I'm okay with not being obtainable in the future. The others not so much. If people want prestige they could add in FoS for getting x number of appearances.

I'd remove the challenge ones from the Mage Tower. Feats of skill are generally not obtainable after an expansion. Else it'd be trivial to come back and roll through the mage tower at level 120.

The leveling ones(classic), raid ones(valorous), world content ones(upgraded), pvp ones(war-torn), and secret ones should stay though - I view those appearances as basically this expansion's weapons, which do not make sense to remove them.
    Last edited by God Save The King; 2017-04-04 at 09:34 PM.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Deleted
    - they already said that you can obtain all artifact skins and their tints in the next expansion

- these so called "challenging skins" are a joke anyways, undertuned/overtuned/buggy (Shadow Priests can just S2M their way to glory without playing any mechanics)

- thats what you get if you rush your patch and dont test half of the content

Thought they said they would make them unavailable to obtain after legion