Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    To the idiots like the OP who didn't actually read the article and just wanted to complain about brown people and liberals.

When Ziad Ahmed was asked on his Stanford University application “What matters to you, and why?”, his answer was clear.

He wrote: “#BlackLivesMatter”, repeating the hashtag exactly 100 times to highlight the excessive use of police force which disproportionately kills black men and women.
    It was a response to ONE question on the application. Despite being another shitty teenager, the rest of his application was probably serious or his parents are just wealthy and he would have gotten in no matter what he put down. That he supports BLM has literally nothing to do with him getting accepted into Stanford or that he was also admitted to Princeton and Yale.
    Last edited by TheFuse; 2017-04-04 at 05:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    It's a very real phenomenon to feign interest in something just to show others that you care about it so you will seem sympathetic/cool.
    Back in my day people only did this to get girls.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Meh, more power to him for getting into Stanford. I hope he can figure out something to do that will make the world a better place. I doubt it because even five minutes of vetting shows all his companies are bullshit and most of his community service is just a byproduct of his privileged upbringing but I'll toast to the fluff that gets your foot in the door.

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    TEDx is the poor people version for people the actual TED don't really want to associate with.
    Literally anyone seeking irl grandstanding can sign up to give a TEDx talk.

Quote Originally Posted by AbortedGodFetus View Post
    Meh, more power to him for getting into Stanford. I hope he can figure out something to do that will make the world a better place. I doubt it because even five minutes of vetting shows all his companies are bullshit and most of his community service is just a byproduct of his privileged upbringing but I'll toast to the fluff that gets your foot in the door.

Hi idiot OP here, where did I make such claims?

Quote Originally Posted by AbortedGodFetus View Post

Sam Hyde bullshitted his way into a TEDx talk and rambled for 20 minutes about garbage while dressed as a Roman Centurion, so yeah it's a joke.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Hi idiot OP here, where did I make such claims?
    What? I was talking about Ziad Ahmed; not you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    So? How the fuck is this news? If I go write "OP is a Faggot" on every line of an application, will it make headlines too? People do stupid shit all the time, this isn't newsworthy.

(For the record, I'm not calling OP of this thread a Faggot.)
    The Independent is a British newspaper that used to be fairly good. Then the internet came along, destroyed their business model and now they are piss poor, so they have resorted to becoming a shitty left wing "progressive" version of Daily Mail-style clickbait bollocks.

And that is why this pile of steaming dogshit is in the news.

After reading that article, i now feel like i lost 5 IQ points over the sheer stupidity of it and him being allowed into school with that crap. But then again his parents got money and these schools today care more about money than the quality of students they put out.

Who needs writing talent when you have activism!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    He has a picture with Obama and Hillary Clinton. He has a house with a pool in New Jersey. He is the definition of privilege.

Neither his letter nor Grades mattered, his money did.
    Why aren't the people who cried about Jared Kushner's college acceptance whining about this guy as well?

When I was in France and we visited the Versaille there was a modern "artist" being sponsored there.. One of his "works" was literally 6 vacuums stacked on top of each other. Another one was a giant red baloon animal sculpture.. Whoever's bright idea it was to ruin such a beautiful chateau with that bullshit art should be beheaded. Anyway, that is the standard of "art" these days. Same with admissions now too I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Is virtue signaling a new dumb term, like SWJ, cuck, etc?
    It is.

Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    Sam Hyde bullshitted his way into a TEDx talk and rambled for 20 minutes about garbage while dressed as a Roman Centurion, so yeah it's a joke.
    And that was even after he shot all those people!

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Who needs writing talent when you have activism!
    To be fair, writing talent is literally not the point of application writing prompts. It's more about finding a way to stand out compared to most others, who write stock responses that no admissions officer actually wants to read.

To this end, people routinely do bizarre things on applications. Sometimes it backfires, sometimes it doesn't. What this kid did was sort of inane, but not really that wild as far as application shenanigans go. So the only plausible reason this made the news is because his particular brand of shenanigans involved BLM, and that's a trigger word for a certain crowd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean sure, if he wants.

Probably won't get in, but if he wants to waste his time scribbling on an application rather than making a focused and appropriate attempt at it, that's his prerogative.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    I mean sure, if he wants.

Probably won't get in, but if he wants to waste his time scribbling on an application rather than making a focused and appropriate attempt at it, that's his prerogative.
    He got in, according to the article. Writing prompts on applications are a shitshow; if you're too 'appropriate' then you run the risk of sounding like most of the other thousands of applicants. The trick is to stand out without going 'too far.'
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

He has a picture with Obama and Hillary Clinton. He has a house with a pool in New Jersey. He is the definition of privilege.

This, he could had drawn a penis on his application and get in anyway. Money is what gets you in these school.

Perhaps it has more to do with how active he is in activism...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7665591.html

Maybe he will major in Virtue Signaling
    oh look another victim of the banhammer for speaking logically and being realistic.