Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    BM:

TLDR:

- Spec your pet as tank (and/or wear Apex; you'll want that 60% stam boost from Great Stamina)
    - Don't stand in shit
    - Rotate Counter Shot and Misdirect on Tugar
    - Rotate Turtle, Ice Trap and Intimidation on the worm once Tugar is dead

At higher gear-levels (I'm only on 908 with this setup), you can cheese this with a tank-specced pet. Apex-ring certainly helps, and I wore Prydaz beside it.

If you rotate Counter Shot and Misdirect (Hunter's Advantage: MD makes pet take 35% less damage for 8 sec), you effectively have a counter for every single cast without resorting to Ice Trap or Intimidation. There's more than enough time between MD-mitigated soaks to heal your pet to full with Mend Pet.

For reference:

Amhthree on Bronze Dragonflight - EU

Pet: Heroism-dog with 4.1 million health.

Deleted
    actually interesting, that the monk spawned the healing spheres from the eggs.
    i couldnt get them from the eggs... so i had to wait till worms were up. lucky for me i had cyndaria and was able to use the RSK on those with 100% hp which granted me a nice heal.

my strat was as follows:
    initial burst on the tugar and continue dps on him as long as possible.
    rupt spell as early as possible.
    if eggs spawn, use a high dmg ability on them to get heal (if u have cyndaria) otherwise: i left them alive till worms came so i got the healing spheres.
    cicle the healing elixir, so that you have nearly always 1 charge at least running, unless you hit the last few percentages of tugar, then you want to keep both stacks!
    fun fact is: i didnt realizte that i could interupt the sonic scream with my paralysis, because on p1 (tugar alive) it didnt work twice...
    in my last try i tried it again and he was down. had all in all 20 trys would have been way less, if i had known that i can rupt with paralysis. (tugars earthquake isnt possible to rupt) and the worm wasnt for me either in p1. (maybe something was wrong with my macro but ... im not sure. test it and see if you can)

anyways had ilvl 899 equiped with cyndaria and the chest.
    had no heal lego like prydaz, but cyndaria if well utilized is really strong.
    Last edited by mmoca1f07e1cb2; 2017-04-04 at 04:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Killem View Post
    And the upload of my Disc PoV is now also complete:

I decided to go for interrupting the earthquakes and heal through the cast. At <30% I swapped the mechanics. (played then earthquake and interrupted the cast)
    If the Tauren is dead, the encounter is almost done.
    OMG the way you do it seems sooo much eaiser already after my first try

Deleted
    Thanks for the WW tips! I just did it (fifth try) as a 892 Windwalker. The first few tries I was struggling a bit with keeping my HP up (even though I was using Prydaz), but then I remembered the Vial of Nightmare Fog (healer trinket from Emerald Nightmare). Specced Eye of the Tiger, and together with that trinket I basically never dipped below 90% HP. Not sure if that was relly necessary, but maybe this trinket + Eye of the Tiger can help someone struggling for sustain.
    The second try with this setup gave me the kill!

Deleted
    As windwalker monk i used phrydaz and cyn belt, i got it after my 5th try with 908 ilvl, the way i did was place transcendence on CD do the normal opener after interupt the 1st cast just keep on moving while fightin, so u dont get stunned into overlap abilities, kill the totem with FSK always u have it off cd or just a chi wave, lil snakes just make sure you have 1stack of SEF to kill 3 ou 4 in a row, and last never use karma before this you will need it for worm, after tauren dead pop BL anc pot and use karma on 1st sonic 2nd sonic transcendence back 3rd dampen harm 4th should be dead, i stream this over.

in the video that Killem posted, he has sounds going off when the enemies casting bad things and also he can see when the worm is casting spell lock but he isnt targeted. how can i get my game to do this also? what is the name of the addon for that? bet its way easier to do if the screen is constantly warning me, like his is.
    Last edited by Darshana; 2017-04-04 at 05:31 PM.
    The kiss of the sun for pardon
    The song of the birds for mirth
    You are nearer gods heart in a garden
    Than anywhere else on earth

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FpicEail View Post
    BM hunter without healing legendaries. I did have my two best DPS legendaries but the hardest part here is budgeting health over the fight; without healing legendaries you really can't afford to get hit by anything avoidable.
    So what are you using to heal then because your KC heal doesn't seem to be your only healing ability throughout the fight.

Defeated with relative ease on an 894 destruction warlock. Used the talent build 1-2-2-3-1-1-3 with Sephuz and Prydaz as legendaries. Personal preference with everything except Grimoire of Supremacy, Mortal Coil and Demon Skin, for example I used Soul Conduit to quickly unload a string of havoc'd chaos bolts when the worm was up, however Channel Demonfire is likely a better option for this fight overall because it kills totems and eggs.

I used an Infernal both because timing is quite easy with Fel Burst, and I found that having a "second life" in the form of my pet dying to Fel Burst meant I could essentially just cheese the entire mechanic. By taking the boss slowly and allowing your Infernal to build up threat (and rebuild after) you can focus on things like timing your fears/coils and breaking the Worm's scale buff. In general, I barely damaged Feltotem at all and simply focused on the worm while maintaining Immolate on him.
    Totems in melee are also killed by infernal AoE, which is quite nice.

Fear will stop Earthquake from dropping eggs if used at the proper timing, roughly as the second stalactite falls. Even though the cast does not stop, the eggs will not drop if done correctly. This may be a bug so don't rely on it, the worms aren't a gamebreaker but it really lets you stay focused and watch out for the boss's spellcasts.

This strategy is a tad slow as you can easily outthreat the untauntable boss but it turns the fight into a fairly lax and honestly not all that challenging experience. There was a bit of trial and error but I believe this will likely end up being considered one of the easiest. I'm also fairly sure that this one is capable of being completed by someone at low as 870 if not lower, as due to Infernal aggro I had a lot of time just standing around at 100% health, kiting the worm into Stalactites and waiting for fel bursts.

Another thing I noted is that if you kill the worm first, Earthquake appears to bug out and the worm will still burrow underground, spamming ~500k hits and stuns on you until you die. So yeah, kill Feltotem first.
    Last edited by Irian; 2017-04-04 at 06:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darshana View Post
    in the video that Killem posted, he has sounds going off when the enemies casting bad things and also he can see when the worm is casting spell lock but he isnt targeted. how can i get my game to do this also? what is the name of the addon for that? bet its way easier to do if the screen is constantly warning me, like his is.
    you can set a weakaura for that kind of things.

I simply use a macro to target the worm, and put him in focus frame, so I can see his cast. The only downside is that I have to recast the macro each time he goes under, as the focus is lost when he disappear.

Quote Originally Posted by Darshana View Post
    Got the WeakAuras from here:
    https://wago.io/4kqzBb2nM

Has anyone (especially a monk) killed him WITHOUT Prydaz? I'm frustrated with how it keeps showing up. The Okami Hands (what I call Xuen's Enforcer) have been seriously all I've wanted from this x-pac. I r sad panda till I haz it.

EDIT: Nevermind me. People are getting it without Prydaz, I'm just frustrated and extra salty.
    Last edited by Jingshui; 2017-04-04 at 06:28 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jingshui View Post
    Has anyone (especially a monk) killed him WITHOUT Prydaz? I'm frustrated with how it keeps showing up. The Okami Hands (what I call Xuen's Enforcer) have been seriously all I've wanted from this x-pac. I r sad panda till I haz it.

EDIT: Nevermind me. People are getting it without Prydaz, I'm just frustrated and extra salty.
    I just did it without Prydaz, you don't need it anyways if you try to avoid unnecessary damage.
    Try to Paralyse the worm everytime he casts his Sonic Scream and keep SEF for the eggs. Use the WAs Killem posted, they really helped me. Use transcendence on CD if you still have trouble with your health.

Quote Originally Posted by Luperca View Post
    Would be nice if this quest didn't require healing/bubbling legendaries for a BM Hunter to complete.
    Or maybe they intended for the spirit beast healing pets that only BM can tame?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenixia View Post
    you can set a weakaura for that kind of things.

I simply use a macro to target the worm, and put him in focus frame, so I can see his cast. The only downside is that I have to recast the macro each time he goes under, as the focus is lost when he disappear.
    Annoying that you have to then have another macro to re-focus the worm, because that cast from the boss is too easy to miss with it being so random. I thought it was a great idea to use focus... but it's such a pain.

Also, that linked WA? Feck knows how to use that.
    Last edited by mmoca3e4aa7234; 2017-04-04 at 07:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Penne View Post
    Annoying that you have to then have another macro to re-focus the worm, because that cast from the boss is too easy to miss with it being so random. I thought it was a great idea to use focus... but it's such a pain.

Also, that linked WA? Feck knows how to use that.
    I use a

/tar worm (whatever is name is)
    /focus
    /tar tauren

it works fine, in one press you got the worm on focus and retargeting the tauren

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenixia View Post
    I use a

/tar worm (whatever is name is)
    /focus
    /tar tauren

it works fine, in one press you got the worm on focus and retargeting the tauren
    Cool, thanks. Not entirely sure why what I was trying didn't work, but hey :P Now, if only I could make my own Weakauras, I might be able to do this :P Far too easy to miss a totem spawn or a cast when you're frantically trying to kill adds, tab back to the boss, etc.. Bloody annoying when I just get in range for interrupting, hit interrupt... and still die

I really can't get my head around writing even simple WAs. Set trigger to be Tugar Bloodtotem casting fel burst, nothing happens at all. Never triggers. This is the simple stuff, let alone doing anything with mob spawn, which I guess would have to be handled with custom code?
    Last edited by mmoca3e4aa7234; 2017-04-04 at 08:46 PM.

Saydly, when you kill you forgot to enable recording :S

So i've got only the ending. Prydaz and Kill Jaeden, 903 ilvl. firstly tried with tank pet but since it's not necessary switched to damage, i even didn't use Heroism/BL because when pulled was on cd and forgot at the end (could use drums or pet)

Tips: interrupt fel cast with trap and shot, if you don't wanna deal with enrage, try to kill them both almost at the same time like i did.

10+ Year Old Account
    My god this fight is buggy. Best attempt is 65% so far but three times I've had Tugar do stupid shit like despawn when I used Turtle and Feign Death to heal back up from nothing, had him cast Fel Burst Twice after being hit by an Ice trap and the Wyrm's AoE randomly doing triple damage after earthquake if Tugar is still frozen.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Quote Originally Posted by Luperca View Post
    So what are you using to heal then because your KC heal doesn't seem to be your only healing ability throughout the fight.
    Exhilaration and Aspect of the Turtle trait. I also had a health pot.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
    For BM Hunters, get the legendary legs and you can get it in 5 trys
    And if you don't have them?