10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feline Grace View Post
    Question.. Is the end of the game really close after when you're on the "Chasing the Archon" or whatever quest? I hope not.
    Nope.

There's still more after that.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Galaxy MV4478-87, Vontos cluster, Alpha Prime
    hah

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Indeed! Especially when it's Bioware. Pre nerf Knight Enchanter is honestly the most fun I've had in an RPG is YEARS. Hoping to recapture some of that with my Vanguard.

So maybe one point in Backlash for the early game, but don't bother leveling it?

I agree on the Knight Enchanter!

Vanguard is a similar experience. Although, when I face Remnants I don't do as well since Observers fly around. I usually change profiles at that point. But don't diss Backlash, I only started using it recently and wish I had picked it up sooner. Its hilariously satisfying to have enemies kill themselves by reflecting damage back at them. Also, I've been using Annihlation, Charge, and Lance with Lance to set off the Biotic Detonation, but honestly I think I'm better off just using a Shotgun or melee strike. If so then that opens up a skill, so maybe Backlash doesn't have to just be for early game. =)
    SWTOR Friend Referral Code: http://www.swtor.com/r/kg3Sch

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    The game should not have been in this state with 5 years of development and a $40M+ budget.
    The problem here was the complete lack of QA, not the budget.

10+ Year Old Account
    The extended cut was in direct response to how much folks hated the existing ending, no? It was purely a reaction to the onslaught of criticism from consumers who were disappointed, wasn't it?

If that's the case, I see no reason to think that additional development time would have made them change the ending.
    Can´t provide you with some sources, but i remember reading it was more like "yeah we know we fucked up, we working on fixed ending that explains more shit".
    They wanted to do that as some sort of "bonus DLC" but with that negative feedback and very plotholed cinematic along with stupid deadline from EA they had to do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    They may earn less on the game, but they're avoiding a potential hit to their stock value by missing the revenue for this earnings report.

EA is in part to blame. BioWare shares the blame, these issues are on them as a developer.
    Another example of stockholder ignorance actually hurting the final product . . . But if they took a hit from missing Q1, wouldn't they make up for it by having a more polished product for Q2?
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Nothing about DLC or making SAM stfu.
    "Among other things, this patch reduces the frequency of common "interruptors" such as SAM's hazard updates." from Twitter.

Fix the many issues the game has, then we talk about DLC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post

Vanguard is a similar experience. Although, when I face Remnants I don't do as well since Observers fly around. I usually change profiles at that point. But don't diss Backlash, I only started using it recently and wish I had picked it up sooner. Its hilariously satisfying to have enemies kill themselves by reflecting damage back at them. Also, I've been using Annihlation, Charge, and Lance with Lance to set off the Biotic Detonation, but honestly I think I'm better off just using a Shotgun or melee strike. If so then that opens up a skill, so maybe Backlash doesn't have to just be for early game. =)
    Observers are the biggest PITA for my vanguard in MP. And from experience, the final fight against the Archon will likely be hell.

I suppose if I do a vanguard play through, I'd want a profile specific for remnant. What would you suggest? Energy Drain to take their shields away? Tactical Cloak to get the hell away from their beam?
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    ...from Twitter...
    gah.. atleast they could include that in oficial annoucement instead searching on social networks :/

15+ Year Old Account
    Because it's often compared, Witcher 3 reportedly had a development budget closer to $15M with its total budget around $30M apparently (sauce). So it's not as if huge, open world RPG's aren't possible without investing $100M plus or some nonsense.
    Witcher 3 had a slightly bigger budget than ME:A. Hell if Witcher 3 had been made in the US than that budget number would have probably doubled at least.

This is good news, I hope they fix the crashing, that's the biggest problem for me. I was expecting they're going to fix technical problems, everything else is a bonus. I'm glad they will try improving the eyes, lip sync, character creator, and so on.

I also hope they will keep expanding the multiplayer more and more. Having a ton of fun playing as asari sentinel right now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xerus View Post
    Witcher 3 had a slightly bigger budget than ME:A. Hell if Witcher 3 had been made in the US than that budget number would have probably doubled at least.
    Or W3 would be a lot shittier.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    Or W3 would be a lot shittier.
    They had a distinct advantage in many ways being their own publisher and able to set their own schedules. Not excusing ME:A here, just pointing out that pressure from EA was probably a large factor in the end result of ME:A.

Deleted
    Oh make no mistake, the EA label hung heavily over Andromeda from minute 1. We knew something was going to be off but they sure outdid the wrong expectations.

10+ Year Old Account
    1-2 more months to have a complete and polished product. Bah.

I've accepted that the game is what it is, the presentation's not going to change soon. I just wonder if it was a Bioware decision or an EA decision. I am so hungry for details about this sort of thing.

With some renewed vigor, I'm going to ditch my 40 hour save and create a new Ryder that's (hopefully) more aesthetically pleasing. Going to try Vanguard and will stay on Insanity difficulty, just like last time, and will be a lot more cautious about what I choose to dump my scan points into.

There are SO many different weapons, I wish I could see like, a 5 second gif of each of the firing instead of just having to go in blind with research, other than the little paragraph. Is there a video that showcases each weapon type or something?
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xerus View Post
    They had a distinct advantage in many ways being their own publisher and able to set their own schedules. Not excusing ME:A here, just pointing out that pressure from EA was probably a large factor in the end result of ME:A.
    EA said they would give Bioware more time with the game, Bioware didn't care. As much as EA are a bad thing Bioware's problems are all their own.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    EA said they would give Bioware more time with the game, Bioware didn't care. As much as EA are a bad thing Bioware's problems are all their own.
    Not sure where you got that from. Source?

EA's fiscal quarter ended on 3/31 and they most likely wanted the game out before the end of quarter. Granted they are getting better about not forcing short release schedules but to imply they give free reign or don't set firm dates is silly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Observers are the biggest PITA for my vanguard in MP. And from experience, the final fight against the Archon will likely be hell.

I suppose if I do a vanguard play through, I'd want a profile specific for remnant. What would you suggest? Energy Drain to take their shields away? Tactical Cloak to get the hell away from their beam?

I've been using Overload, Incinerate, and Backlash on a Sentinel Profile. Also tried a full Tech with Overload, Assault Turret, and Remnant VI. I felt the Sentinel was stronger.
    SWTOR Friend Referral Code: http://www.swtor.com/r/kg3Sch

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by despotar View Post
    i really don´t get them. why couldn´t they wait another 1-2 months and bring the game with all these fixes? it´s really a shame, their reputation took a massive hit because of such a laziness or maybe they were only greedy and wanted to ship the game out?

sad, many of us (me 88%) finished the game already
    It seems to be a shift in the industry that you can release a game and hammer out a few details over the next two months. It's strange.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, Drack is now Krogan Mr. Rogers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    Honestly, I'd probably still be playing DA:I if they hadn't murdered them in the final DLC...

But glad to know I can scratch that itch a little, and with a Sci Fi twist no less, in Andromeda. I'll have to look into Backlash a bit, honestly, I'm a big fan of reflected damage, so Backlash was on my radar. Especially with the Shield Regen or Damage boost for maxing it out.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30