Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Wiped about 20 times on my 904ilvl afflock main on twins(no ring).

Logged off my afflock cause I was angry.

Logged on my 896ilvl MM hunter alt, wiped only once then got them.

Challenges are really well done and balanced between classes.

I'm angrier now.
    Last edited by mmocf520525f4d; 2017-04-04 at 06:46 PM.

Protection paladin one bugged, since it has double health on the mobs and deal 2x damage. Lol. Guess im not getting it this week.

Prot Paladin is kind of ridiculous in that I have to do all three roles at once. Twice Velen just stood there and didn't heal me a single damn time and there was nothing bothering him, so I just dipped out thinking it was a bugged as shit encounter.

EDIT: And Prot Paladin has the boss at double HP compared to the rest and I know for a fact I don't double the DPS out of the others.
    Last edited by NoiseTank13; 2017-04-04 at 06:52 PM.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    You do realize everyone rushed for this without fully understanding that they are designed to be extremely challenging and with the new raid ilvls in mind, correct?
    There's the problem. It'll never be for anyone but heroic+ raiders.

Should be a scaling thing like proving grounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Magicpot View Post
    There's the problem. It'll never be for anyone but heroic+ raiders.

Should be a scaling thing like proving grounds.
    Lol, no. Maybe I was too hasty in saying TOS ilvls, since most people at around 900+ are meeting what LFR TOS will be. Should have been clearer when I said new raid ilvls that it also includes LFR. I was mainly addressing the issue where people that are 870 complain about not being able to do it.
    I don't agree with the scaling issue. They would still have to put a minimum ilvl on it, and then tune around people not having legendaries or tier gear. This would either (A) make them a challenge for low ilvl people and faceroll for high ilvl people, or (B) make them a challenge for no one.
    I do think they should have taken more time and focused on making a specific challenge for each class and spec. There is some discrepancy with multiple classes/specs having the same challenge and how much easier they are for others. I also think they should have disabled legendaries (the procs/on-use on them but leave the stats) and tuned around that as some legendaries make them faceroll easy. BM hunters using Roots have a much easier time than I did when I was using Prydaz/Shadowhunter's, even though I was still able to do it. From what I've heard, MM hunters have a really hard time due to always having to move, yet I wonder how much of an easier time they have with the gloves that allows them to move and cast at times. There's also the disparity between me being 898 and clearing the BM Hunter one sooner and easier than a WW monk in our guild who has me by 5-8 ilvls.
    There's some issues with them to be sure, but I don't agree with most of the issues people are discussing and saying is wrong with them (I.e. Too hard. They're meant to be hard, so why would I agree with that mentality?)

wait challenges are challenging, wtf!

7+ Year Old Account
    the rangers in the healers scenario seem to be buggy, if you cast shackle undead on them before their first mana sting, they will still be able to cast mana sting though they are already stunned.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Ashix View Post
    Got the WW guy to 50% and the worms screech just caught up with me. I'm struggling with healing here. Any tips?
    Use transcendence and chi wave for heals. I used Prydaz and healer's Velen trinket which increases healing by 15%, as well as the healer cake trinket off Trilliax which gives another shield. Never had to use effuse because of these and didn't even use transcendence that much, so these items pretty much just made it an easier fight as long as I followed other mechanics flawlessly (interrupting the tauren, killing totems + eggs and avoiding aoe). Using Paralyze on the worm also stop the screech from being cast. Did it at 893 ilvl.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    dont think youre allowed to say git gud when u call urself casual haha
    im casual and i did the holy paladin 1, rip

Doing things undergeared makes it more challenging.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

With almost no utility left it is pretty much a DPS-check. Unless people count 'priority targets' as a mechanic. I personally enjoyed pushing endless proving grounds in MoP more.
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Nobody is stopping you to play Elemental casually during questing or raiding #1000 with your disabled mage friends.

SO FRUSTRATING but also so fun. I'm really enjoying this even if it driving me insane.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaHandsB View Post
    wait challenges are challenging, wtf!
    Yeah, so challenging that not a single prot paladin in the world has done tanking challenge.
    It's overtuned, and needs a nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by Lethora View Post
    Yeah, so challenging that not a single prot paladin in the world has done tanking challenge.
    It's overtuned, and needs a nerf.
    OMG! Something hasn't been beaten within 24 hours of release. Obviously overturned, nerf it! Nerf it now!

Sheesh, this player base has no ability to deal with things that they can't immediately beat without difficulty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    This game isn't about your friends, though. This game is about taking it seriously enough that you do the hardest content no matter what it takes (transferring, etc), lasting friendships and other elements be damned. /s

Not too bad, pushed it over in 45minutes, half of my 7wipes due to trying to take it too fast.
    Was expecting it to be a bit harder though.

This mythic raider talk is nonsense. I completed mine with 894 equipped item level. I've never even pulled a mythic raid boss in Legion. It took me 19 tries but got it in no more than heroic Nighthold gear. Assassination rogue.

I honestly think these challenges are bullshit by one simple reason:

They've NOTHING to do with the class role.

Havoc DH is about SURVIVING. The only DPS check is in the last phase, in which I had 3 tries (last wipe at 1.6%, fuck me). The remaining 40~ I did today, I wiped to the first phase because the mechanics are less forgiving than fucking mythic raiding and my survival is based 100% around a talent that has RNG uptime.

Also, let's not forget the bugs. Closing the Eye, when you exit the frost prison, you still take frost damage. I get around 2.5M to 3M damage from the Ice prison when I'm outside of it, arriving to the fucking mage with 500k HP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JemiS View Post
    OMG! Something hasn't been beaten within 24 hours of release. Obviously overturned, nerf it! Nerf it now!

Sheesh, this player base has no ability to deal with things that they can't immediately beat without difficulty.
    You clearly don't understand. Few people from other tanking classes have beaten theirs, but even the best geared and obviously very skilled protadins can't. It's just the numbers. For some stupid reason, everything in prot paladin scenario has about two times more health than it does for other tanks. I know for sure that prot paladins do not double the damage of other tanks of similar gear/skill.

Get Prydaz, and it suddenly becomes a walk in the park ;( Don't have it? LOL you're in for a bumpy ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Zamfix View Post
    This mythic raider talk is nonsense. I completed mine with 894 equipped item level. I've never even pulled a mythic raid boss in Legion. It took me 19 tries but got it in no more than heroic Nighthold gear. Assassination rogue.
    Because Assa rogue challenge is a massive joke. Did it in two tries and never even look up the fight

Some other classes are very challenging and few are straight up gear/lego check. Its not very well balanced