Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I think he's great, not sure what other people are upset about.

No one is universally liked. You can have a whole list of positive attributes that society values and someone somewhere will dislike you for it.
    I think he's been a bit overzealous when Trump came to office but....he wouldn't be the only one I could say that to.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    That really doesn't seem like it's related to what I said.
    well it is i'm sorry if you don't see the paralell

@everyone else i get that you don't like him because "he is a liar" but as i said in my op i already know it is a common claim about him, i was just looking from specific examples

someone linked a quite controversial politifact page, that's a start
    Last edited by mmocab05265050; 2017-04-04 at 09:59 PM.

Deleted
    I dont know one single person who hates Michael Moore.

I myself think he would be a good choice for american president.

Quote Originally Posted by Adolecent View Post
    You act like you've got butter on your head. Dumdum or hollow point bullets are barbaric, and where already banned in 1868 in the Saint Petersburg Declaration.
    What does that have to do with Orlando shooting?

Do we know that such bullets were used in that shooting? Was it a war between the signatories (obviously they could still use it in their colonies)?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kurata View Post
    Being wrong is not lying, especially on such a minor topic
    I haven't claimed that it was a lie.
    However, if you know the fact - then being wrong in your statements is lying.
    So, your claim is that Moore is just ignorant? Does that make him a good maker of "documentaries"?

- - - Updated - - -

Being wrong is not lying, especially on such a minor topic
    So, your claim is that Moore is just ignorant? Does that make him a good maker of "documentaries"?

Because he sides with whoever will make him the most money. Not because he actually believes what he is saying.

Because he brings inconvenient truths and doesn't mince words.

That's one camp.

Because he's lying and making shit up about the US in particular to appeal to shock value overseas.

That's another camp.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    One common misconception = ignorant = unfit to make documentaries ?

That seems to be far fetched

Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    I dont know one single person who hates Michael Moore.

I myself think he would be a good choice for american president.
    White, male, overweight, NRA-member, with incorrect tweets?

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    not sure what other people are upset about.
    Probably the lying and distortion of facts.

One common misconception = ignorant = unfit to make documentaries ?
    The point about documentaries is exactly to challenge misconception - not spread them.

But was it the only time he was fact-checked and found to be incorrect?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    The point about documentaries is exactly to challenge misconception - not spread them.

But was it the only time he was fact-checked and found to be incorrect?
    That was a tweet not a documentary

I don't know, that is precisely the point of this thread... but people are mostly saying "HE LIES §§§" without providing any additional precisions despite multiple requests

Because he's controversial and very verbal about his opinions.

Back in the Democratic primary, Michael Moore was a Bernie supporter and basically called Hillary Clinton a war monger.
    He ended up supporting the she-devil Hillary

He seems to pick on President Trump, without giving the guy a chance.
    He was on the bottom floor of the Trump Tower in NY , chanting and making ridiculous statements before the
    Inauguration . He is like a Kim Kardashian of Social Politics.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.cac7cba5f299

Documentary filmmaker Michael Moore met with protesters Saturday afternoon at Trump Tower in Manhattan, saying he wanted to talk with President-elect Donald Trump. And he made it all the way to the fourth floor before Secret Service agents turned him away.

Moore said later that he left a note that agents told him they would deliver to Trump.

"You lost," Moore said the note read. "Step aside."

What a Big Fat Douche Michael Moore is

Lol if that's what you retained from the film i can't imagine your opinion about NRA executives coming in towns where mass shootings occur to provoke victims parents with cold dead hands gun nuts bs
    That's actually the main thing I recall from the debunking/ lying. The video of Charleton Heston he shows is actually assembled from two different speechs, then misattributed to the NRA Convention around the time of Columbine. I don't recall if he mentioned that the NRA canceled most of the events out of respect, I don't think so. They did need to have their annual meeting/ vote, since it's required by charter.

The 223 statement is just wrong on many levels, sensationalist idiocy and there were no facts to even start the line of thought, let alone use it to misrepresent the situation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adolecent View Post
    You act like you've got butter on your head. Dumdum or hollow point bullets are barbaric, and where already banned in 1868 in the Saint Petersburg Declaration.
    It's amusing that the USA wasn't invited since we weren't important enough. In either case, the advantages of hollowpoint bullets are many and they're certainly no more "barbaric" than any standard bullet.

Also, most commercial 223 isn't hollow point anyway, and hollow points don't "explode". The chances are the shooter had 55gr FMJ or maybe some M855 FMJ/penetrator, not spending triple for hollow points.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    That's actually the main thing I recall from the debunking/ lying. The video of Charleton Heston he shows is actually assembled from two different speechs, then misattributed to the NRA Convention around the time of Columbine. I don't recall if he mentioned that the NRA canceled most of the events out of respect, I don't think so. They did need to have their annual meeting/ vote, since it's required by charter.

The 223 statement is just wrong on many levels, sensationalist idiocy and there were no facts to even start the line of thought, let alone use it to misrepresent the situation.

- - - Updated - - -

It's amusing that the USA wasn't invited since we weren't important enough. In either case, the advantages of hollowpoint bullets are many and they're certainly no more "barbaric" than any standard bullet.

Also, most commercial 223 isn't hollow point anyway, and hollow points don't "explode". The chances are the shooter had 55gr FMJ or maybe some M855 FMJ/penetrator, not spending triple for hollow points.
    I was googling to see if that montage was indeed manipulated and i stumbled on this other sequence of the movie :

1953: U.S. overthrows Prime Minister Mohammad Mosaddegh of Iran. U.S. installs Shah Pahlavi as absolute monarch.
    1954: U.S. overthrows democratically elected President Jacobo Árbenz of Guatemala. 200,000 civilians killed.
    1963: U.S. backs assassination of South Vietnamese President Ngo Dinh Diem.
    1963–75: American military kills 4 million people in Southeast Asia.
    September 11, 1973: U.S. stages 1973 Chilean coup d'état in Chile. Democratically elected President Salvador Allende assassinated. Dictator Augusto Pinochet installed. 3,000 Chileans murdered.
    1977: U.S. backs military Junta of El Salvador. 70,000 Salvadorans and four American nuns killed.
    1980s: U.S. trains Osama bin Laden and fellow mujahideens to kill Soviets. CIA gives them $3 billion.
    1981: Reagan administration trains and funds the Contras. 30,000 Nicaraguans die.
    1982: U.S. provides billions of dollars in aid to Saddam Hussein for weapons to kill Iranians.
    1983: The White House secretly gives Iran weapons to kill Iraqis.
    1989: CIA agent Manuel Noriega (also serving as President of Panama) disobeys orders from Washington, D.C. for him to invade Nicaragua U.S. invades Panama and, thus, removes Noriega. 3,000 Panamanian civilian casualties.
    1990: Iraq invades Kuwait with weapons from U.S.
    1991: U.S. enters Iraq. George H. W. Bush reinstates absolute monarch of Kuwait.
    1998: Clinton bombs possible weapons factory in Sudan. Factory turns out to be making aspirin.
    1991 to present: American planes bomb Iraq on a weekly basis. U.N. estimates 500,000 Iraqi children die from bombing and sanctions.
    2000–01: U.S. gives Taliban-ruled Afghanistan $245 million in aid.
    September 11, 2001: Osama bin Laden uses his expert CIA training to murder 2,977 people.
    having been reminded of this, i wonder if by debating trivial tweets or video editing technicalities we are not missing the point

Quote Originally Posted by Aussiedude View Post
    Back in the Democratic primary, Michael Moore was a Bernie supporter and basically called Hillary Clinton a war monger.
    He ended up supporting the she-devil Hillary

He seems to pick on President Trump, without giving the guy a chance.
    He was on the bottom floor of the Trump Tower in NY , chanting and making ridiculous statements before the
    Inauguration . He is like a Kim Kardashian of Social Politics.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.cac7cba5f299

Documentary filmmaker Michael Moore met with protesters Saturday afternoon at Trump Tower in Manhattan, saying he wanted to talk with President-elect Donald Trump. And he made it all the way to the fourth floor before Secret Service agents turned him away.

Moore said later that he left a note that agents told him they would deliver to Trump.

"You lost," Moore said the note read. "Step aside."

What a Big Fat Douche Michael Moore is
    He also predicted Trump would win and released a documentary that talked about the plight of the working class in America. He has been advocating for his hometown of Flint, Michigan since before he became famous, and supports responsible gun ownership.

In a lot of ways I'm surprised that he's not Republican. Probably because Republicans act like jackasses who shit on the poor working class most of the time, along with gays and minorities, and also cater to corporations even more than the Democrats do.

I was googling to see if that montage was indeed manipulated and i stumbled on this other sequence of the movie :

having been reminded of this, i wonder if by debating trivial tweets or video editing technicalities we are not missing the point
    He edited footage to change the meaning of the persons speech and create a new narrative to fit his cause.

Maybe instead of debating trivial lies or errors, he could sufficiently research and develop to prove his point without such, thus leading to people debating his point rather than his deceit?

If you don't want to debate the lies, stop asking for people to give you examples of the lies.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

He's a raging hypocrite, especially in where his investments are.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    He edited footage to change the meaning of the persons speech and create a new narrative to fit his cause.

Maybe instead of debating trivial lies or errors, he could sufficiently research and develop to prove his point without such, thus leading to people debating his point rather than his deceit?

If you don't want to debate the lies, stop asking for people to give you examples of the lies.
    I haven't seen a lot of actual debunking besides emotional youtube comments

It is kinda obvious the cold dead hands speech isn't held at the same place, the setup is different and hes not wearing the same outfit...

But yeah lets admit it was willfully deceptive editing, i still find quite disproportionate the amount of hate he gets for it when you consider the honesty records of most republicans including the current president