Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    Doing things undergeared makes it more challenging.
    It does. I did the Green Fire quest undergeared, and I am throwing myself at those challenges undergeared. That said: This time it's much less mechanics and much more numbers compared to the former - so it's harder to make up for bad gear.

Also: After having tried them a few times now, I won't put more resources into the Mage tower for a while, and I am relatively certain that a lot of other people will do the same. There's no point in trying to get the MT up if not for the appearance imo; in that case the alternatives are just better.

Quote Originally Posted by Zamfix View Post
    This mythic raider talk is nonsense. I completed mine with 894 equipped item level. I've never even pulled a mythic raid boss in Legion. It took me 19 tries but got it in no more than heroic Nighthold gear. Assassination rogue.
    I'd like to see (for example) a Disc Priest doing the challenge with <890 gear. It just seems really unlikely with how much damage the abilities deal to you.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanEX View Post
    Don't worry nerfs are already coming out so keep up the whine and they'll eventually make it as faceroll as lfr.
    I'm pretty sure since it allows you to outgear it by 7.3 or 7.4 it will be "faceroll" in a way, I've seen the "green fire" quest done in mythic SOO gear and the guy just burst Kanrethad in like 30sec. That's the thing, if upscaling / downscaling was in place, some casuals could never get it (depending on tuning), now they can hope to get it in later patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Magicpot View Post
    There's the problem. It'll never be for anyone but heroic+ raiders.
    Again, raiding isn't the only source of high ilvl gear (and legendaries) in Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by StarGazer91 View Post
    Not really all that salty, because I knew they'd be hard but.... that difficulty is just insane. Havoc DH, 890. Maybe in 20/30 item levels, I'd maybe be able to do it, but... jesus christ, I do genuinely think that even then, for ALOT of people, it's gonna be way too far out of reach
    Yes, I sympathize, from what I've heard havoc one is fairly brutal in comparison to the others. That's the problem. Either tune them all to "moderate difficulty" same as boomkin / assa rogue / bm hunter ones, or tune them all "only for the elite" like the tank one (done maybe by 10 people in the whole world). The disparity is jarring, and even within a scenario there are per-class disparities for example boomkins have easier time than aff locks (unless they have the slowing leggie ring).

Also it's ironic the dps challenge half the time is "do you have prydaz or some other form of defensive legendary" (achor, roots of shaladrassil etc.), is that the way Blizzard wanted to tell us to stop hating on utility leggies because one day we'll need them?

I wouldn't mind if the challenges were all so hard only a handful of world best and most dedicated players could do them before TOS, fine, more prestige to them. I wouldn't mind if the challenges were moderate difficulty for an 880 casual who doesn't stand in the fire and knows how to cc and interrupt. But the fact some of them are the first case and some the latter is just a mess.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zoenova View Post
    More content for the mythic raiders. Should be made doable not hard. This is the type of thing that loses blizzards subs.
    898. Never touched a mythic raid. Got it after 7 tries.

This thread is appropriate. The salt is real.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just wish there were a better in-game explanation for how challenging it is. If they can nag the shit out of me every time I send mail to myself, they can pop up a message about how this is an extraordinary challenge so people know not to waste their time on it before adequately preparing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    How could they? The challenges weren't tested on the PTR and as we know Blizzard's "internal testing" isn't as top knotch as it tries to make itself out to be.
    This is why most mythic boss fights come out near perfect. These are like doing a mythic nighthold boss. You're not supposed to be able to do it.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    This is why most mythic boss fights come out near perfect. These are like doing a mythic nighthold boss. You're not supposed to be able to do it.
    "Near perfect" in other words Blizzard is doing a-okay if they left that one bug in the boss fight's mechanics that always one-shots your raid team. That's at least what I can assume you can mean when stuff like the Fel-Totem DPS Boss keeps despawning consistently every couple of attempts wasting Nethershards, double casting his instant kill ability in a row and the wyrm on the same fight being tempermental about whether it stuns and damages you or not every time it charges and hits a stalactite (for what's it's worth it's not meant to).
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Deleted
    I recon that tuning these challenges so it's equally hard for all classes and specs ought to be hard but they should have tried some more. I am disappointed. The hype was so high and it turned out to be SO EASY. I literally 1 shot holy paladin one, 0 shards spent. And then on the other hand you have some scenarios that are currently unbeaten or truly hard. But if you are a holy palading then ye, GG, easy mode boring af

I liked the idea of solo hard content and no ilvl scaling, it kind of felt as an opportunity to give it all you have and try and come successful. meh I guess I'll do it with my ret spec or sth, but I wanted my hpala challenge.

anyway, beyond my tears one thing is obvious and that is: they should have worked harder to make this scenarios closer in difficulty across classes/roles.

Deleted

903 ilvl retri done the achievemnt

whats your ilvl?
    i am an 903ilvl retri, never did a single mythic raid. did the quest on the 4th try, not that hard tbh
    check the mmo champ videos. they helped me ALOT

Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    It does. I did the Green Fire quest undergeared, and I am throwing myself at those challenges undergeared. That said: This time it's much less mechanics and much more numbers compared to the former - so it's harder to make up for bad gear.

Also: After having tried them a few times now, I won't put more resources into the Mage tower for a while, and I am relatively certain that a lot of other people will do the same. There's no point in trying to get the MT up if not for the appearance imo; in that case the alternatives are just better.

I'd like to see (for example) a Disc Priest doing the challenge with <890 gear. It just seems really unlikely with how much damage the abilities deal to you.
    Normal ToS gear is 905. You'll be fine. No one said everyone was gonna get their appearance day one.

My issue with Xylen as a DH is when he goes all sparkly and clones come out...i can't seem to reach him in time even with 2 fel rush...i am starting to think that is cause of me playing with 250-300 ms at all times...if they had a cast time of obe sec extra would be so much easier

7+ Year Old Account
    Should be a LFR version of the challenge.

I strongly believe that the very vast majority of WoW players need to realize that they literally suck ass at video games in general.

The best thing about this is that it has to be done SOLO, which means extremely fucking terrible players are not able to pay for a shameful carry.

Eat shit, I hope they buff the challenge when ToS comes out so you never get your shit and I get to see you cry on the forums forever.

Quote Originally Posted by lokoma View Post
    im so salty about The God-Queen's Fury Sigryn Boss fight i got this one as a ret paladin and R dps are much better at this.....it's unfair!
    such bullcrap certain classes clearly have advantages and other classes get the shaft.....if they do nothing like this that should do it right
    every class should have its own scenario.
    As some others have pointed out, gear will trivialize this fight eventually, but for now it's relatively easy as long as you can maintain focus for 6-7 minutes and just follow mechanics. The dps check only really occurs on breaking the shields (especially sub 40%) but it's a very forgiving dps check. Your priority should be in this order- encounter mechanics, encounter mechanics, encounter mechanics, dps, healing orbs when they pop, mechanics. If you watch any of the videos people have put up on youtube, the dps output is nothing special, it's just a few minutes of people dodging shit, slowing shit, reacting to shit and sometimes running over shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Metalwraith View Post
    it's just a few minutes of people dodging shit, slowing shit, reacting to shit and sometimes running over shit.
    4 things most WoW players have a very hard time doing correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by zoenova View Post
    More content for the mythic raiders. Should be made doable not hard. This is the type of thing that loses blizzards subs.

Nahhhhhhhhh

OT: I FUCKING SUCK AT THIS! I'm at attempt 102. Litterally haven't looked up a single fucking guide yet....

Got Sigryn down to 29%

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    898. Never touched a mythic raid. Got it after 7 tries.

This thread is appropriate. The salt is real.
    All smaller (or bigger) differenes between the scenarios and specs aside, they seem to have gotten it pretty right overall. (Prot Paladin one is broken tho.)

If I had to make a list of the players I know closely and had to sort them from "will definetly make it" to "won't make it", my expectations mirror reality 100%. The players that are willing and able to focus on a taks and have the drive to get it done, make it realtively easily. The players truggling with either their ability to focus, their tendencies to fail too often coupled with shitty attitudes ("this is too hard/it must bebugged/I am tilted and that's why I don't make it/etc.") haven't done it yet and probably won't for some time

Also this:
    I strongly believe that the very vast majority of WoW players need to realize that they literally suck ass at video games in general.

The best thing about this is that it has to be done SOLO, which means extremely fucking terrible players are not able to pay for a shameful carry.

Eat shit, I hope they buff the challenge when ToS comes out so you never get your shit and I get to see you cry on the forums forever.
    A lot of players have a hard time facing the fact that only they themselves are responsible for the outcome. Either you are good enough or you are not and need to improve. A lot of people rather deny the latter and rationalize it in some way.
    Last edited by mmoc8b94713eb4; 2017-04-05 at 01:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post

If I had as big of balls as you do, then the world would be a WAY better place...

Quote Originally Posted by iluwen_de View Post
    Also this:
    A lot of players have a hard time facing the fact that only they themselves are responsible for the outcome. Either you are good enough or you are not and need to improve. A lot of people rather deny the latter and rationalize it in some way.
    I agree, also gear, I mean some challenge are mathematically hard, physically impossible beyond a certain threshold of gear, regardless of how good the player is behind the wheel, people also need to realize this. Hitting your face against the wall will only get you so far.

Waiting is less retarded than crying.

i got all three for my spec a few hours after the tower dropped. just because you play the game doesn't mean your entitled to everything it has to offer. sounds like more than a few people just need to git gud.

Well, what annoys me the most about them is how highly tuned for gear they are. These are in no way like the Green fire. That was more about skill than gear. The ones i tried so far seem to be more about gear than skill.

After dumping quite a few nethershards on this, i decided i won't be giving it a try anymore till i either manage to get 900 ilvl (875 atm), this gets finer tuning, or i stop being salty about it, whatever comes first.

And if the mage tower didn't give the AP bonus, yes i wouldn't be dumping anymore resources on it either :P

Hey this is about salt, i'm salty AF right now :P