Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    For the record this particular woman is educated as a paralegal. My estimation of her was always low to begin with, she was unsure of the meaning of the word "incarcerated" as a paralegal for example. Recent events have only reinforced that opinion.
    Paralegals are hardly educated.
    Some of the dumbest people I have ever met have degrees. They are a dime a dozen in the current world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Ben Carson is a brain surgeon and was a presidential candidate. Remember all the crazy shit he was saying?
    I suppose the conclusion we should reach is that individuals trained in highly specialized fields are not necesarilly the most well rounded minds.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

15+ Year Old Account
    I suppose the conclusion we should reach is that individuals trained in highly specialized fields are not necesarilly the most well rounded minds.
    Rather say that education doesn't exclude crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

When the phone rings at work, it's an evil omen. Something bad is about to happen, this is known.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

The only story I can think of was a woman at work who freaked the hell out when I used canned air to clean a computer/keyboard. I had to warn her before I did it so she could leave the office.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thwart View Post
    I'm not saying it's likely but there are cancers that are caused by environmental conditions and people spend a large part of their life in their work environment.
    If it's work environment I doubt being moved a desk over will help much. With people being so lawsuit happy nowadays, it's tough to blame the employer. I'm sure management thinks it's nonsense, but easier to move her than have it escalate if by some unrelated coincidence she got cancer too later on.

For the record this particular woman is educated as a paralegal. My estimation of her was always low to begin with, she was unsure of the meaning of the word "incarcerated" as a paralegal for example. Recent events have only reinforced that opinion.
    ha that is pretty bad for a paralegal... mine was more so a general statement though.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

One of the ladies at work in the night shift has contracted cancer. The agent that she shares a desk with in the day time has asked to be moved because shes uncomfortable sharing a desk with the cancer patient ostensible on the grounds that she would catch it. Of course this is foolish superstition but management capitulated
    It is likely superstition, but some cancers (cervical ones come to my mind - but I don't think she got that one) are often caused by a virus that spread, but those viruses don't spread just by sharing a desk.

And some cancers seem to spread directly from individual to individual - but among Tasmanian devils; not among humans.

One of the ladies at work in the night shift has contracted cancer. The agent that she shares a desk with in the day time has asked to be moved because shes uncomfortable sharing a desk with the cancer patient ostensible on the grounds that she would catch it. Of course this is foolish superstition but management capitulated
    Ive decided to complain to management that my computer has a virus and idnlike to be moved.
    Much like "but my religion DEMANDS I wear this pasta strainer/veil/nipple hat to work every day!" it was probably more effort to confront than to just passively accept to shut them up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    A maid at a place I worked gave me a silver ring to wear during my late night shifts because silver would protect me from spirits that haunted the place.

Though I'm more open to believing her, then probably most who post here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    A maid at a place I worked gave me a silver ring to wear during my late night shifts because silver would protect me from spirits that haunted the place.

Though I'm more open to believing her, then probably most who post here.
    That maid just wants to hog all the cool ghosts to herself.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arachnofiend View Post
    That maid just wants to hog all the cool ghosts to herself.
    Probably. Was a weird job. That place even got featured on a ghost hunting TV show at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Docturphil View Post
    I guess. When I hear "superstition" my mind goes to ghosts.
    Decades ago when I worked at McDonalds, one of the grill-workers believed his dead wife's spirit was over his shoulder at all times. He used to talk to her all the time. Nice guy, very helpful and friendly.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phlegethon View Post
    Stuff like "contracted" makes the agent sharing her desk say stupid stuff like that.
    You don't "catch" cancer, you develop cancer. Besides, name and shame the agent please, dox that cunt. (and the company)
    Yes and no. Most types of cancer, you're correct. It's basically a failure of the immune system and not a disease in and of itself (cancer cells develop when the pre-programmed cell death after a certain number of divisions "short circuits" - one of the primary functions of the immune system is to destroy cancer cells). There are substances that can increase the risk of cancer, but they don't outright cause it themselves. There IS one variety that can be transmitted person to person though: cervical cancer. It's actually caused by a virus. But in that case it's only transmitted sexually (men are carriers and don't develop symptoms, it's estimated that a large percentage of the male population actually carries it), so you don't have to worry about sharing a desk with someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    Yes and no. Most types of cancer, you're correct. It's basically a failure of the immune system and not a disease in and of itself (cancer cells develop when the pre-programmed cell death after a certain number of divisions "short circuits" - one of the primary functions of the immune system is to destroy cancer cells). There are substances that can increase the risk of cancer, but they don't outright cause it themselves. There IS one variety that can be transmitted person to person though: cervical cancer. It's actually caused by a virus. But in that case it's only transmitted sexually (men are carriers and don't develop symptoms, it's estimated that a large percentage of the male population actually carries it), so you don't have to worry about sharing a desk with someone.
    She could however not be able to contain herself and boink every male coworker at her desk...
    Shit happens
    (thanks though for the clarification, I forgot about that one, I don't have a cervix...)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    Jesus fucking christ dude... Can we not go down this route? Doxxing is so much worse than asking to be moved. It's such an extreme overreaction to this situation that makes me think you're not right in the head...
    Weed out the stupid.
    -=Z=- Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek! -=Z=-
    https://bdsmovement.net/

I think everyone has a little "something" they do for luck or whatever.

*knocks on wood*

On top of that, I heard that "anthropomorphism" is pretty normal, psychologically speaking. Talking to things...(like yelling at my damn computer for being so stubborn), stuff like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Docturphil View Post
    I guess. When I hear "superstition" my mind goes to ghosts.
    I think of ball players not washing their socks or always needing to each fried chicken before a game.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Deleted
    If superstition also includes talking to yourself then I have the most superstitious fucking colleague in the whole wide world. She doesn't shut up.
    Last edited by mmoc112630d291; 2017-04-05 at 01:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    I think of ball players not washing their socks or always needing to each fried chicken before a game.
    I do seem to recall sports players having a tradition of abstaining from sexual activity the night before a game.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

I do seem to recall sports players having a tradition of abstaining from sexual activity the night before a game.
    I thought that was boxing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    Decades ago when I worked at McDonalds, one of the grill-workers believed his dead wife's spirit was over his shoulder at all times. He used to talk to her all the time. Nice guy, very helpful and friendly.
    Nice guy perhaps, but I would not invite him over to my house. You never know when his wife is going to tell him to slit your throat.