10+ Year Old Account
    Mass Effect: Andromeda. 7/10.

Could be 8 out 10, but lacks a lot of polish, is infested with bugs on console. But it's a great start to a new era of Mass Effect, so I feel good about it.

Still, it's not as great as the OT.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Warrior View Post
    Mass Effect Andromeda.
    10/10
    Amazing game with so many inspiring minority and female characters. Pity about all the hate it gets from racist, sexist, homophobic autisthobes over 'facial animations'.
    Are you serious? criticising facial animations doesn't make you any of those things you pleb.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    Are you serious? criticising facial animations doesn't make you any of those things you pleb.
    I'm not entirely sure he was being serious.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    I'm not entirely sure he was being serious.
    One would hope so but after the time I've spent on the internet I can never be sure anymore :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Hearthstone 10/10 if the meta was not 50% jade and 50% pirates

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    You sir need some tolerance lessons. I can practically taste your ignorance from here.

Also forgot Transphobe in my original post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Life is strange: 7/10

Dialogue and voice acting is simply perfect. Other than that the story was all over the place with some good moments here and there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fallout 4
    9/10
    Bought it when it came out, somehow abandoned it at 20 hours played. Restarted from scratch 3 weeks back and I hit myself in the head why I didn't continue playing this at first. Loving it!

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Currently playing Breath of the Wild 1.1 on WiiU. Only about 8 hours in but the more time I spend with it, the more I enjoy it. It makes me feel like a kid again, the sense of discovery and freedom is amazing. The new patch helped framerate a lot, still a few hiccups but it is much better. So far I would rate it 9/10, minor technical and UI gripes giving it a -1 (is there an efficient way to cook? Too much back and forth with the inventory)

Weapon durability didn't annoy me as much as I thought it would... now to find that master sword... (no spoilers in response please)
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Mass Effect Andromeda.

I'm enjoying myself overall. The environments and combat is great and it's fun to play.

- I'm most critical about the UI. It's extremely convoluted. I feel like it could of been designed easier to navigate. I want to spend time playing the game, not swimming in menus.

- I'm not particularly interested in any of the characters. Vetta and Jaal so far are my favorites. They are okay, but I don't feel as close to them as say Tali or Garrus. It's the first game, so that could change. Also, I think Cora is a robot, but I'm pretty sure she's just animated like that.

- The side quests are kind of whatever. I think I liked the feel of Mass Effect 2 where it was less open world and more story focused. I'd take a ten hour shorter game, with only partial open world, with great characters and a fascinating story. Not that the story now is bad it just feels too safe. It's almost like they were afraid to do anything thinking outside of the box in fear of losing money. The protheans are now remnants, the Archon guy is Saren Arterius, and the scourge is the reapers I guess. I'm guessing the scourge is going to be the source of the biggest problem.

Also to note I'm still in the first 1/3 o the game I think. It would be cool to have a Kett companion next game who isn't like the other ones.

8.2/10
    Last edited by Height; 2017-04-05 at 06:35 PM.
    "Punching things is cool and stuff. Pow bam bam bam Pow. O yah... God I'm eloquent." -Dalai Lama

10+ Year Old Account
    Breath of the Wild (Switch) 9.75/10 - almost a perfect game. Yes it has some hiccups when playing on the dock, but I have completed it with all 4 beasts and now 120 shrines and I STILL want to play more!
    Fanboy (Fanboi):
    1. A term used towards someone when a person disagrees with the said someone on a subject, person, place, thing, company, or product line and they are not smart enough to debate their counterpoints or facts, so they resort to childish name calling in hopes of shaming others into silence and thus them winning through dominance.* 2. A term used as a taunt/peer pressure technique to shape popular opinion through shame and humiliation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Metroid Prime: 11/10

Very few games have hit the 11/10 mark for me, there's only a handful that are truly deserving of such a score. I haven't played it in almost a decade, but reliving it in 4k thanks to emulation really put some perspective on its quality.

I've always thought that Prime was incredible, but nowhere near the quality of its predecessor, which is the greatest game of all time, or at least objectively, a very strong contender. I've grown as a person since then and because of that I've become more enamored with finesse and details in games. There is no doubt in my mind now that Prime is Super Metroid perfectly emulated to 3D standards. Everything just oozes quality and perfect design. It boggles the mind how perfectly an outsider studio managed to capture the look and feel of the Metroid series, and to elevate it to such heights. Even 15 years later it looks better than most modern games (via resolution upscaling), the world has the feel of a living, breathing, alien planet, with each room offering something new for you to lose yourself into. Very, very few games have managed to create such an experience for the player.

The world, gameplay, soundtrack and enemy design are so impeccable, they make the experience so immersive you feel one with Samus. No other game lets you play a sci fi first person shooter with a heavy focus on exploration and platforming by taking in your surroundings as you lose yourself in an alien planet. An inherently impossible feat considering how hard it is to create such a thing for consoles, but the madmen of Retrostudios made it into an artform. This is the sort of game other exceptional games like Dark Souls take their queues from.

If you own a Nintendo console or a non-crap pc with a gamepad, try this out, you will gain some of the best experiences games have to offer.
    Last edited by hellhamster; 2017-04-08 at 03:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Persona 5

best game I had the pleasure to experience in the last 2-3 years.

Horizon Zero Dawn- 8/10.

Currently playing Persona 5. Fucking loving it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

10/10 horizon zero for me.. game of the year can't wait for DLC

Deleted
    NieR: Automata 9.5/10. 2nd playthrough gave the -0.5

10+ Year Old Account
    Mass Effect: Andromeda (UNFINISHED REVIEW): 3/10

Just finished Eos and I gotta say this game so far is a clusterfuck, and no I'm not talking about the facial animations, characters warping, everyone walking like they're carrying a 20 kilo dick between their legs, or lifting an invisible chicken in each arm etc. Those things are trivial when seeing the big picture.
    I wanted to be as tolerant as possible but some things can turn anybody sour.

The biggest problem by far is the writing, which is... off. This resembles tumblr ME fan fiction combined with a generic Hollywood C-tier sci fi script.
    Every single line of dialogue screams uppity adolescent "Yes we can" blind optimism. Every single character seems clueless about what they're doing or what they've been trained for.
    Instead of focusing to the task at hand, everyone is being quirky with stupid one-liners.
    No one shows any emotion, or feeling about the monumental task at hand. Saying in a robot voice "We can beat them, booya" doesn't count. No authenticity, no sense of urgency or wonder. Everyone is completely disconnected from reality.
    How they are expecting to immerse players with this shit is beyond me.
    And don't get me started on the "it's magic, I ain't gotta explain shit" at the end of Eos.

50% of sentences contain the word "Pathfinder". Every character believes Ryder is the second coming of Christ with special superpowers that will do all their dirty work.
    The delivery on most of the lines sounds like they had their voice actors visiting the studio and recording them reading the script aloud for the first time. It reaches comical levels, especially with Tann. The voice actor noticeably shows disgust and cringes at the script on some of his lines.

I'm gonna leave it at that, because when I'll start ranting about the UI, the enemy/team AI, the research/development system, the scanning, Imma go fucking nuclear. Suffice it to say, the most fun I've had so far is scanning planets and wooshing between them, AND YOUR GODDAMN FATHER. Sorry, my face is tired. Yep.

Now, I'm gonna go and finish it eventually, I'm actually curious how far the shit can roll downhill. I'll take my sweet time though, there's so many other games to play first.

What a terrible disappointment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doom. 7/10 not as good as bulletstorm when it comes to mindless shooting.

Horizon Zero Dawn - 9/10.

Outstanding game, really deep storyline, great gameplay, amazing graphics, buy it if you haven't yet!

My grips (mostly minor) with this one is that some facial animations could be better (not nearly as bad as Mass Effect though :P)
    and side quests were sometimes nice, sometimes meh but sadly barely any choices at all... You just do a quest and you get dictated the outcome
    even if sometimes it felt like "This is definitely a moment to choose what you want to happen".
    Dialogue could be made a bit richer as well perhaps...
    Also inventory system could see a little improvement, with resources especially... Especially when selling/buying from the vendors!

Other than that, amazing game! GOTY contender for sure.

Firewatch. 7/10
    I want to give a 9/10 but I didn't understood the end so I got frustrated. Except that, fantastic art, soundtrack and story (except the end, from my point of view).
    If someone have understand the scenarist's decision, I wish he'll explain to me