Poll: would you get implanted by your employer?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    No f-ing way in hell would I go for that!

I can't even tolerate a dress code. Implants? Yea the guy suggesting that to me better be ready for a punch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    No, but I'd happily implant something sharp and pointy into their head.

If my choice was between having a chip or being jobless I'd rather be jobless. There's plenty of illegal ways to get money if this is forced on people.
    Last edited by Aeula; 2017-04-05 at 01:11 AM.

situational, for basic door man level security then no, but a security measure for sensitive government work then prob would

I guess this is so you don't forget your pass. Might reduce chance of theft as well.

But personally? Uh, no thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

My EMPLOYER? LOL no. Now if this was like a Futurama-esque world where we all had chips or some kind of digital technology on us (like a magical computing device that literally everyone owns?) that could be reprogrammed to indicate our location of employment and that could be for convenience and whatnot, then sure.

Good lord though, a chip from my employer; that's just insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoli View Post
    Hell no. There's 0 reason for something like that to be implanted into you when you could just carry it around with you in your wallet for example. Don't want that kind of shit to be implanted into me.
    The only reason ideas like this are being made is because too many fucking idiots lose their pass or ID card or whatever. It's like, if you're that retarded enough to lose something so vital, perhaps you shouldn't be working somewhere that requires even this low of a level of security, because you're a huge liability if someone takes it.
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2017-04-05 at 01:15 AM.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyro1990 View Post
    For something as stupid as opening doors? No, Im not that lazy. It would have to improve my productivity in some significant way and be guaranteed not to be some glorified tracking device so they can yell at me for taking a 10 minute shit.
    A different office than where I worked did this..... people got harassed.

Quote Originally Posted by GarlicGuy View Post
    http://www.latimes.com/business/tech...403-story.html

Basically the gist of the story is people are being implanted with chips for convenience at work - opening doors and such.

- - - Updated - - -

I would not. No way.
    Are the doors portals, cause that may win me over. Give me teleportation and we'll talk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably not. If the job offered me the right package I wouldn't entirely rule it out, but I consider a rain of frogs more likely.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

15+ Year Old Account
    As a lazy person, id be cool with this, swipe hand, open door, and in future pay vending machines with a handswipe.

So many people in this thread thats scared of new stuff, reminds me of my grand parents when i try to explain the internet to em.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

I'd be open to it. Depending on the job and several other variables but I wouldn't exactlyt be jumping at the oppertunity.

Where is the MOTHERFUCKINGABSOLUYELYNOTINAMILLIONYEARS!!! option?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    As a lazy person, id be cool with this, swipe hand, open door, and in future pay vending machines with a handswipe.

So many people in this thread thats scared of new stuff, reminds me of my grand parents when i try to explain the internet to em.
    You obviously don't know a lot about what you're explaining

If you think bodily autonomy from data collection and tracking devices is comparable to old people bitching about iPhones please stick to installing your grandma's wifi and never approach a voting booth

My policy on getting implants for convenience's sake is the same as Australia's ideal immigration policy: Fuck off, we're full.

Absolutely fucking not.

15+ Year Old Account
    No way.

Just give me a keycard, no need to operate it into my body.

Maybe if it was linked to security clearances of a highly paid job. Otherwise just give me a wristband.

Deleted
    We all know this ends with thieves cutting off my hand to get through doors. Not cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure, if I get paid extra for it.
    It can be removed.
    I get to know every damn detail of what it is and what it can be used for.