Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    Then he should be charged first degree murder, right? But he is under investigation for second degree murder. Intent is not always so simple to prove. Not saying they will not change the charge to first degree murder, but I really do not think so. If he knew the guy and there was a record of past history of disagreements or harassment, then it would be easier to prove intent.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    That's different. That's seconds away from being schrodinger's cat. Also I guess daddy was right?
    You are allowed to stop the threat. Even if it does take 6 shots. If you had time to reload however and there is no evidence the criminal was still advancing, and you shoot him another 6 times, then it would be different. And yes, daddy was right. The guy was a scum. But daddy was also stupid. Even scums have rights.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's really not a lot to discuss here.
    Last edited by MonsieuRoberts; 2017-04-05 at 02:22 AM.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Please, if you live in the US and aren't sure what you are or are not legally allowed to do in situations like this, click on the link and scroll down to your state.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castle...h_a_castle_law

Also, http://criminal.findlaw.com/criminal...ound-laws.html
    Good advice Celista. But one thing to keep in mind is, some of that data is outdated. For Ohio, they just recently ( March 17, 2017 ) had a fairly large change to gun control laws in how you can and can not carry a handgun concealed even with a permit. Basically making them more reasonable. The Castle Law also was amended some a while back. So it best to go to the State's website and check the current law.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MonsieuRoberts View Post
    Then why post?

Said nothing and shot the guy, who was probably drunk, 4 times, in a building open to the public ya the shooter is fucked.

Quote Originally Posted by MonsieuRoberts View Post
    I am still in awe that this thread has racked up almost double the amount of posts than the terrorist attack on Russia thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilikegreenfire View Post
    Its still his business not his home
    Which doesn't matter. If I have a work-from-home job and someone breaks into my home, I can confront them and even shoot and kill them (in self defense) if I live in a castle law state just like someone who doesn't have a work-from-home job.

Ah, the people here... Well, you have the potential chance to be the next ones to be on trial for murder. And know what? Your "arguments" will be moot.
    Did you even read the article, honestly? Or do you believe in vigilant justice? Not even calling 911? xD

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    Which doesn't matter. If I have a work-from-home job and someone breaks into my home, I can confront them and even shoot and kill them (in self defense) if I live in a castle law state just like someone who doesn't have a work-from-home job.
    Are you still on this? home or business he had the ability to leave. He came back, and instead of calling 911 and holding the guy at gunpoint till the cops came he chose to say nothing and shot the guy who was still in the shower 4 times.

The location of the shooting was not his primary place of residance, it was a business property in the eyes of the law.

Working from home means you work in your primary place of residence. If the guy was actually working from home and they guy broke into his house he would be on much better ground.

Had the guy actually broken into his primary place of residence while the owner was home or into the business site while he was there the owner shooting him would have been a lot more justifible, he'll if he had his gun on the initial visit to the property it would have been more justifible.

He went from home ro business, saw the guy, went home, got the gun, went to the buisness, and shot the guy.

Looks like the dude is being charged with first degree murder

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/1st-degr...der-in-shower/

BELFAIR, Wash. -- A Mason County man has been charged with first-degree murder after he fatally shot a man who was in a shower on his property.

Multiple news outlets report that 59-year-old Bruce Fanning of Belfair was charged Wednesday in the death of 31-year-old Nathaniel Rosa of Bothell.

Fanning was arrested after reporting the shooting at a business on his property.

Court documents say Fanning entered the business and saw Rosa in the shower. He said he saw a door kicked in and a screen removed, reports CBS affiliate KIRO. Fanning told detectives he was afraid and thought Rosa was drunk.

Detectives say instead of calling 911, Fanning went back to his home, got a handgun and then shot Rosa three times through a shower curtain. Fanning had initially been charged with second-degree murder, but the new upgraded charge indicates prosecutors aim to prove the killing was pre-meditated.

Prosecutors say Rosa had been staying at a nearby residence and might have mistakenly entered Fanning’s building.

Fanning’s bail was set at $250,000. He wasn’t listed as in custody at the jail Wednesday afternoon. He smiled occassionaly as he appeared in court, reports KIRO.

Rosa was a paraeducator at a local elementary school, KIRO reports
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post

Oh some of the gun nuts are not gonna be happy about this.

Thank fuck they had the sense to upgrade to first degree though.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Oh some of the gun nuts are not gonna be happy about this.

Thank fuck they had the sense to upgrade to first degree though.
    The trial is going to be nuts as well methinks. Protestors are gonna be everywhere.

- - - Updated - - -

If you were in your home when the person broke in...yes...you could shoot them.

If you walk in to your business, find the person there, leave, and then come back to shoot them...no...that's murder.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lol this guy was fucking nuts. "Trespassers will be shot" sign and everything, cant wait to see him locked up for life.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    I'm all for defending your home but this guy had ample time to call the police, there was no reason to take it that far.
    I agree - no reason to shot the guy who is literally naked. Call the police, pop a beer, and wait for the cavalry. Homeowner will probably see jail time, and will certainly see a civil suit on wrongful death charges.

Wow, shot the guy 3 times through the shower curtain. A guywho was staying near by probably drunk. Probably thought he locked himself out of his house.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    I agree - no reason to shot the guy who is literally naked. Call the police, pop a beer, and wait for the cavalry. Homeowner will probably see jail time, and will certainly see a civil suit on wrongful death charges.
    He's been charged with first degree murder.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    A very odd story. I wouldn't be surprised if there was some prior relationship between the killed and the killer.
    Fanning claims he didn't know the man

http://komonews.com/news/local/man-s...riminal-record

Nathaniel Joseph Rosa - Worked as a special needs teacher, no criminal record, prosecutors say he was at a party 2 doors down at an identical looking house, went out for a walk and got confused about which house the party was at

So good job to all the idiots on here who saying this "criminal scum" deserved it.

except even in a castle law state, you're not allowed to "leave to go grab a gun".

i mean, by all means... leave and get your gun... but then !@#$ing stay there and call 911.

this seems to be a cut and paste 'murder by opportunity'

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Holy fuck. I mean, I guess I can see meeting the standard, but I don't see them actually getting the conviction. Although this is WA state . . . .

i can definitely see the argument for that... but it seems a little extreme unless they're trying to plead it down while still retaining some severity to the charge.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Holy fuck. I mean, I guess I can see meeting the standard, but I don't see them actually getting the conviction. Although this is WA state . . . .
    "This guy met the standard for first degree murder, but he wont get the conviction"

what kind of barbaric legal system do you think the US has? If he meets the standard for first degree murder he should be convicted of first degree murder.