Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Yeah, if you can't complete it, it's because you don't have the right legendaries.

Quote Originally Posted by Redroniksre View Post
    Not true. The enrage mechanic on Sigryn is impossible to get past without either having high DPS (gear) or having a lot of spaced out cooldowns. I could of kept going forever on that fight but you can't get past that shield when he recasts it over and over.
    The DPS check is only like 250k burst on Sigryn.... That's not a very hard gear check to make.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    well if you gonna spend your time not laughing your ass off and think for a second maybe you gonna not embrass yourself. for example if you did the green fire quest when it was current, you gonna realize that the green fire quest encounter was more complex that the current one (as in people failing the tank challange because they cant get the dps check part of the fight because to low level ilvl), as simply logic suggest becaust it was class specific, which this one is not. So by the end more people gonna clear it then the green fire one which was a joke after SoO
    So Green Fire was a "joke" in higher ilvl gear.... But it was a true skill check.

But this, that you say will get easier with gear, isn't a true skill check, because.... it will get easier with gear?

Just because there's a level that's too low to get through this challenge doesn't mean it's all about gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    This game isn't about your friends, though. This game is about taking it seriously enough that you do the hardest content no matter what it takes (transferring, etc), lasting friendships and other elements be damned. /s

Facerolled it last night, took about 45mins looking at my flask afterwards, 8 attempts (most wipes just being trying to take it too quickly and focus on DPS).
    Was expecting it to be harder than it was, maybe I outgear it idk, but surprising since it is only the first tier on the expansion, will be an absolute joke come 7.3...

i think its a fuck up that its tied to illv honestly, they should able (i guess?) to scale it or better give it a pvp like template
    Be careful what you wish for don't you remember the whining about proving grounds silver which was totally impossible for some people? Same thing would happen and to a much bigger degree.

because its not functioning as blizzard sold to us which make it retarded
    It is functioning exactly as Blizzard sold it to us: very hard challenge to overcome with the gear available at release, easier if you gear up.

most people at lower-end ilvl didn't finish the green fire scenario at release either; people remember the numbers tuning being comparatively easy because they were still doing it at the end of the expansion in 540+ item level stuff. People in high-end gear were able to finish it at release with difficulty... as is the case now.

'challenge' in this game is almost always based on gear to some extent; stuff's hard when it releases and gets easier as people gear up. There's nothing wrong with that and there's nothing wrong with releasing a difficult challenge now when people will still have a whole nother raid tier to outgear it.

Those saying green fire was only skill based are totally delusionnal or have memory issue.

Green fire had a tight enrage (doom curse) and required insane burst to kill felhunters fast enough. Doing it without ToT gear was WAY HARDER than challenge are now and after ppl gets their ToT heroic gears, they roflstomped greenfire like nothing.

It's the same with the challenge. Insanely hard and overtuned for 7.0 gear. It will get easier and easier with the gear of ToS rolling on. (And the 7.3 after that).

Quote Originally Posted by Cheze View Post
    most people at lower-end ilvl didn't finish the green fire scenario at release either; people remember the numbers tuning being comparatively easy because they were still doing it at the end of the expansion in 540+ item level stuff. People in high-end gear were able to finish it at release with difficulty... as is the case now.

'challenge' in this game is almost always based on gear to some extent; stuff's hard when it releases and gets easier as people gear up. There's nothing wrong with that and there's nothing wrong with releasing a difficult challenge now when people will still have a whole nother raid tier to outgear it.
    Green Fire quest was all about "Can you play Warlock" not a question of "Does your Warlock have Mythic gear" which seems to be the current issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Erwarth View Post
    Those saying green fire was only skill based are totally delusionnal or have memory issue.

Green fire had a tight enrage (doom curse) and required insane burst to kill felhunters fast enough. Doing it without ToT gear was WAY HARDER than challenge are now and after ppl gets their ToT heroic gears, they roflstomped greenfire like nothing.

It's the same with the challenge. Insanely hard and overtuned for 7.0 gear. It will get easier and easier with the gear of ToS rolling on. (And the 7.3 after that).
    I was in LFR gear when I did mine when it was relevant.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lol, I expected salty people complaining about this. but not this many salty people.

Considering Blizzard specifically said for MONTHS that once this came out it would be tuned for ToS Ilvl and the people that got it straight up would be the people that were Skilled and not just geared, kind of shows how many unskilled people we have on these forums.

If you can't do it now, wait for your Gear to catch up. Don't fucking cry and demand nerfs because you can't afk through it.

- - - Updated - - -

well if you gonna spend your time not laughing your ass off and think for a second maybe you gonna not embrass yourself. for example if you did the green fire quest when it was current, you gonna realize that the green fire quest encounter was more complex that the current one (as in people failing the tank challange because they cant get the dps check part of the fight because to low level ilvl), as simply logic suggest becaust it was class specific, which this one is not. So by the end more people gonna clear it then the green fire one which was a joke after SoO
    Protip: Green Fire test was based around a single Class. Thus could be tuned tightly for a Single class.

Artifact Challenge is tuned around multiple Classes, thus tuned around the abilities of multiple classes.

As the guy you responded to said, it will be hilarious once people reach the "suggested Ilvl" and still fail constantly.

OP is bad at the game, and tries to find an excuse, or redefine what the word "hard" means.

More at 11:00.

Deleted
    guys its content for yourself to do. If you decide to wait and outgear it at some point that's fine. I LOVE how challenging it is. Beat the priest discipline one as 895 priest with 2 shadow legendaries after not being able to let go of it for like 12 hours. A really sad shit about it though is that you have to prepare an artifact procc before enter every single time...which makes one try about half an hour when you're feeling you could make it.

So don't rant about it. It's really nice content where you choose the difficulty.
    I guess there is so much salt because people start to realize they are not as good as they think they are, and now there are legendaries and class balance to blame xD.

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    It's based on gear not skill. It's rediculously easy, because you can just outgear it later on in the expansion.
    by that logic, EVERYTHING, in pve is easy, because you can just come back to it with next tier gear. mythic augur/elisande/guldan/helya? all trivial from the get go, because you can just outgear them later on...

Idk how am i suppose to kill this shit with 903 guardian druid.

Worst part is i'm 8/10 mythic and i cannot do it i just do not have the dmg for it.

Eventually i just get overruned.

Quote Originally Posted by Erwarth View Post

People were doing Kanrethad in the mid 400's ilvl, You're trying to make it out far harder than it was.

I'd be very surprised if someone cleared the current scenarios with 850 equipped.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

as someone who completed the havoc one. your not going to be able to out gear the first half of the fight. While I agree some are, not all are that way. I just think alot of salt is being had from realizing your not as good as you think.

Also to the green fire comments. The Green fire quest was a joke. As someone who did it current on a very undergeared lock (like 463 irc) the hardest part was making a bunch of pet control macros I never used before. And that fight you could out gear and smash easily. Most did who did it current from what I remember.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    So the kids over at acti-blizz said the artifact/solo dungeon is going to be VERY HARD .. Thing is its not very hard mechanic wise, it actually feels super scripted (but hay it is PvE) and all that is hard about it would be RNG to get that one specific legendary that completely trivializes the encounter ..

Hard = RNG loot .. cool story

Edit: Quick examples not intended as a comprehensive list: BM= Legs / Affi = Ring / and so on
    Actually, the solo challange would count under hard. Takes some to complete.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Swordfish Trombone View Post
    So much salt
    you my friend, win the thread.

Deleted
    Completed mine after 7 tries at 898 ilvl. Keep the salt mines open.

Quote Originally Posted by Redroniksre View Post
    I know for me personally it is just gear i need. Somebody recommended i try Exsanguinate to help with the enrage mechanic, but yeah, its a gear based fight. Mechanically it was fun though, it is the kind of solo content i have been looking for, just, remove the enrage mechanic, it just makes it a DPS race.
    It's not a gear fight. If you're talking about the god queen.

Homophobia is so gay.

The devs response is the intent to be more accessible based on gear so we end up with a design focused more on gear than just skill. It is a compromise system trying to appeal to both groups and with it a lackluster result.

Quote Originally Posted by kidstechno View Post
    Some people can get it. Not everyone can get it right away. The encounter is tuned for people of higher ilvl, even then you still need some strategy. If you're having a hard time, retune your strategy/talents, use pots/flasks/items. If you can't get it now, wait for ToS or get better gear.

Just like in life, there are things you have to work for. You can't expect everything to be handed to you. Grow up, stop complaining, and git gud.
    It's been established that the correct legendary will make these encounters notable easier for quite a few specs, the acquisition of which has zero to do with "git gud".

I'm rather surprised that these solo challenges aren't gear capped the way proving grounds / older challenge modes were, but I digress.

I think they're fine. They're a small part of the game, very much a one-and-done for most players, and it's unlikely that anyone will actually see them by the time ToS rolls around anyhow. *shrug*