Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kluian05 View Post
    Congrats! Did you get access to the Arcane and Fire new skin as well? I assume yes since they are tied to the achievement, but just wanted to confirm you don't have to do the scenarios for each spec.
    Each weapon's appearance is tied to its specific quest.
    Regarding the Frost scenario, I opted to go with the pet and that made things far more manageable. Be it sending it to stand on the runes or Water Jetting the hands.
    Last edited by Ipsissimus; 2017-04-04 at 02:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Demindar View Post
    Honestly, its pretty impossible right now without the bug, which has been hotfixed it seems. Only ones that I see consistantly completing it are hunters and boomkins. Just going to have to wait until were geared out in ToS gear to complete it.
    I was able to finish it at 902, and I do it the way it was intended, Karam 30%->get on Raeys->do Karam with hands up->get on Raeys again->Kill Karam with Hands and Rune Mechanic->Kill Raeys

I had 9% HP when I finished and was using magtharidon's Bracers and Lust ring (used drums off the start). I will say before i start that if you don't have the new Freezing Rain trait (instant blizzard with F-Orb up) it would be much more difficult since with it you can basically never stop moving in the 2nd and 3rd Karam phase for when he starts to get quick. The most important thing is to keep blizzard and orb up on the huge swarms of adds at all times giving you tons of FoF procs to nuke the hands while still moving, also remember to save your frost nova incase you need to stand in a rune and the enemies are near.

I also had an attempt that in the last Karam phase my dps wasn't quite there even with Time Warp and he finally caught up to me, so I thought since the small adds start slowly dying in that phase from cleave/AoE so I ate Bear Tartar, since it basically gives you a 100% uptime for a 70% spring making kiting much easier and after you kill Karam it's more or less a free kill.

I'm sure talents can be swapped but i would say Frigid Winds is absolutly nessisary if you're on the lower end of the ilvl spectrum that has a chance at success.

My character is Elemintastic on Area 52

My Talents were:
    Lonely Winter
    Shimmer
    Incanter's Ward
    Splitting Ice
    Frigid Winds
    Unstable Magic
    Thermal Void

Managed it at 903 equipped, with belo'vir and sephuz. Was LW standard TV build. Was a great encounter I love this kind of stuff.

Deleted
    Killed it on third try. Was super fun, can truely recommend!
    Talents was http://www.wowhead.com/talent-calc/mage/frost/c33z, had 40 traits and 903 ilvl eq (w/ Prydaz + Frost gloves).

Tips:
    I use the "bossframes", to target the hands fast. If CS is still on cd you can block it (2x block with Cold Snap).
    In p2 and onwards, kiting/aoeing adds with blizzard+orb is super efficient. Pet nova all gives root+FoF charges as there is plenty of small adds.
    CoC can be used to slow Karam in case you need a close-range slow.
    Cds in first burn phase (p2) as there is the least to do. With pet, I was able to keep very high (70%+) IV uptime.
    In case you need to soak a rune close to karam, nova him - soak rune and then slow him again.
    Last edited by mmoc909dfd26c8; 2017-04-04 at 06:41 AM.

Dunno if that was mentioned, but you can use a pet to soak the rune.

Oneshotted it at 886 bag ilvl with prydaz and norgannons.

Apart from the tips already posted, use your 2 iceblocks for when gate add cast is about to go off (it can happen). I recommend checking whether the runes that need to be soaked in last phase don't simply need to be ran over without actually standing in them - it seemed that way to me.

There is no "intended" way of finishing, you either go for the longer but safer option or the shorter but more "oh shit" prone.

Deleted
    I dont know if someone allrdy mentioned it but if you kill the melee first all hands despawn and no more spawn. also it was kinda random how fast he stacked his speedbuff. In p1 he didnt even started stacking them if i started in melee range so he could immediately hit me (tanked it with barrier and prydaz). With 1 leech item i could then reg. my hp again.
    In the end i ignored the "last two" hands and just bursted the melee (interupted the hands or tanked 1 cast with block or prydaz+ barrier). After that the boss just enraged and dealt 100% more dmg with his bolts and only summoned the runes.

I actually had a lot more difficulty on this on my mage than my moonkin. Both completed ~905 ilvl. Part of the reason was for my mage, the health of the mobs were 25% higher. (caster 100 mil vs 75 mil, melee 75 mil vs 60 mil). I used gloves / bracers for more DPS.

My mage kept running into what seemed like DPS soft enrage (where melee mob would speed up and not be kited effectively). In the end I had to just burst her down in the final phase and ignore the melee, he had too much health for me to kill in time.

Pet on the rune is a nice trick. For me any bad runes I would just nova / sheep the melee while I stood on it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well Im 888 and I got a decent try. Dont have the DPS atm. I get past P1 with some kiteing and get far into P2.

The thing that is killing me is that i dont have enough DPS to kill the hands. When I get one down the next one has already spawned meaning i will have less and less time. After the 6th or so i cant keep up.

Got any tips for me?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxMaccloud View Post
    Well Im 888 and I got a decent try. Dont have the DPS atm. I get past P1 with some kiteing and get far into P2.

The thing that is killing me is that i dont have enough DPS to kill the hands. When I get one down the next one has already spawned meaning i will have less and less time. After the 6th or so i cant keep up.

Got any tips for me?
    same here. get raiding or no stuff fur us. fk this

i killed it by using bear tartare, and lusting the second time karam goes down, focusing the boss. when karam comes back up for the final time, i just ignored him, kept him under blizzard and frost orb, and just focused down the boss. i also ignored one of the runes and had a big guy spawn on my kill, but it didnt really matter because i had perma sprint with bear tartare. i tried over 80 times focusing karam in the third phase and killing hands and going on runes and the second time i tried ignoring karam on third phase and ignoring hands (when the boss was sub ~15% i just cs'd the hand, then blocked the second cast) and runes i killed him.

im 906, used bracers and sephuz, dont have freezing rain trait. it was remarkably simple when i stopped spending so much time on the adds and just killed the boss. hope this helps some people.

also, seriously, bear tartare. it made all the difference.
    Last edited by kheath812; 2017-04-05 at 12:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyButt View Post
    This shit is impossible for me. 906 Frost Mage and I can't even get the guy to 50% health before he catches up to me and one shots me.
    Are you using cone of cold and ice nova? In p1 i've managed to kite him to 11 stacks

Deleted
    This shit is impossible for me. 906 Frost Mage and I can't even get the guy to 50% health before he catches up to me and one shots me.
    You're doing it wrong then, work on your kiting a bit and you'll have it in the bag.

Also, for last phase, make sure to kill the melee guy first, once he dies the fight becomes cakewalk.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Naiyano View Post
    "Damage on Raest is most important, as long as you kill him you will complete the challenge even if you die afterwards."

I guess this is not intended. You are able to skip a difficult part of the scenario this way. Better do it before it gets fixed. Come on EU! Put up the Mage Tower already
    Honestly he's the easy part. Just kill Karam and the fight is over anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by elementstorm View Post
    I was able to finish it at 902, and I do it the way it was intended, Karam 30%->get on Raeys->do Karam with hands up->get on Raeys again->Kill Karam with Hands and Rune Mechanic->Kill Raeys

I had 9% HP when I finished and was using magtharidon's Bracers and Lust ring (used drums off the start). I will say before i start that if you don't have the new Freezing Rain trait (instant blizzard with F-Orb up) it would be much more difficult since with it you can basically never stop moving in the 2nd and 3rd Karam phase for when he starts to get quick. The most important thing is to keep blizzard and orb up on the huge swarms of adds at all times giving you tons of FoF procs to nuke the hands while still moving, also remember to save your frost nova incase you need to stand in a rune and the enemies are near.

I also had an attempt that in the last Karam phase my dps wasn't quite there even with Time Warp and he finally caught up to me, so I thought since the small adds start slowly dying in that phase from cleave/AoE so I ate Bear Tartar, since it basically gives you a 100% uptime for a 70% spring making kiting much easier and after you kill Karam it's more or less a free kill.

I'm sure talents can be swapped but i would say Frigid Winds is absolutly nessisary if you're on the lower end of the ilvl spectrum that has a chance at success.

My character is Elemintastic on Area 52

My Talents were:
    Lonely Winter
    Shimmer
    Incanter's Ward
    Splitting Ice
    Frigid Winds
    Unstable Magic
    Thermal Void
    Did it y-day with 908 equipped and prydaz/sephuz equipped.

I would say drop the unstable magic for Arctic Gale, it's a very minor ST loss, but the extra aoe size on blizzard is a lifesaver in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Adudu View Post
    I would say drop the unstable magic for Arctic Gale, it's a very minor ST loss, but the extra aoe size on blizzard is a lifesaver in there.
    the extra damage on blizzard ended up hurting me because more adds were dying so i had less frozen orb procs and less adds to reduce the cd of frozen orb

It's been fixed now that Karam despawns when you kill Raest. So I guess it's the new intended way.

Quote Originally Posted by kheath812 View Post
    the extra damage on blizzard ended up hurting me because more adds were dying so i had less frozen orb procs and less adds to reduce the cd of frozen orb
    God im so stupid, I have the legendary belt, actually never thought of removing it.
    No wonder I never had so many adds to blizzard down

I just did it on ilvl 902 with legendary hands and shard of exodar.

I used arctic gale. Not because of the damage but because of the bigger zone. So kiting the Melee was easier. I also switched my Whispers in the Dark with another trinket because the downtime was hurting me quite a lot. I don't have the lvl 41 trait yet and had to cast blizzard. This was nearly impossible with the downtime of Whispers.

And as others mentioned. Use Water Elemental. You can command it into the void zones.

Yeah and ... bear tartare... oh god the bear tartare. how much i love you.

Uploaded a Video as well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4F-W...ature=youtu.be

I just noticed that i got incredibly lucky with FoF proccs. I had Icy Veins up all the time
    Last edited by Wrathson; 2017-04-05 at 01:39 PM.

I hate this challenge so much, wiped on it several times and noted some major bugs:

- Kiting karem around the other rocks doesn't work - he just walks under them - then charges you and kills you
    - Karem eventhou he has the slow buff, sometimes walks faster than he should
    - Karem somestimes keeps chasing in the same direction you were eventhou you blinked away (This one actually helps you)
    - Rune casted by Raest being summoned under Karem (GG thanks if you don't run with pet)
    - Eventhou my pet stood in the rune, if it's not deadcenter in the rune - it doesn't count (and no i didn't put it just inside the outer rune)

Eventhou I got 905 ilvl I just can't seem to get this one down...

How do I deal with the stupid hands? They cast faster than I can get my interrupt off cooldown..

How do I deal with the stupid hands? They cast faster than I can get my interrupt off cooldown..
    what? no they dont.. your interrupt is up for every single hand. you should be killing them before they get the second cast off.