Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurytos View Post
    This is slightly off topic, but its my original thread, so lets go with it.

The Ashbringer...and other artifacts. Devs have already told us they are going away at end of expac. My thought is that in order for us to defeat whatever final boss we face, maybe some form of Sargeras, is that we must sacrifice our weapons in order to beat him. This presents a few problems, but I think they are easily solvable.

1) Repeating the encounter. Well, its just the lore that says the items were destroyed/sacrificed, so in game, while the last raid is out, you still have your artifact, can still progress with it, etc. Upon exiting the raid, its right back in your bags. Only after the new expansion is released, do we permanently lose our artifacts.

2) Should the Ashbringer go to someone else? Presumably, in lore, only one champion(you, the protagonist of your own story) has been bequested the Ashbringer, so, our sacrifice is that it is given to another who can wield it with greater power. There is only one answer to this, Bolvar. The Ashbringer giving him the power to maintain his control over the Helm of Domination, as to not become a new Lich King. This is far fetched, but I think would make an incredible story line. This also presumes that Bolvar and his control over the undead comes to our aid against Sargeras. (In my fantasy, an NPC of each spec shows up to help defeat Sargeras in our final battle, whom we give/sacrifice our artifacts too, at the end of the fight) Which is pretty cool too. Or its not given to anyone, though I think thats lame.

All of that said, there are really only two artifacts that have the gravitas behind them, which may require a side story or something to preserve their place in the game, and thats Ashbringer and Doomhammer. Everything else, while cool, and maybe has a fun story, are not on par with these two weapons.

P.S. Just thought of something really cool. For those who played through this expac, leveled their artifact, after we sacrifice/give up our weapons, we should get some recognition...a tabard. The Tabard of the Ashbringer. Unobtainable after the expac. A one time thing. Soemthing we can wear to show off that for a brief time, we, the champion of the alliance, wielded the Ashbringer, and did it a great service.
    Yeah, most likely the artifact weps wont disappear this expansion but at the start of the next. They'll probably do something along what u touched, new expansion starts and the first thing we have to do is to sacrifice our weapons and get a new green something-crap in exchange and thus starts the new leveling race to 115!

After that, Blizzard will pretend Legion never happend and eventually we'll see Ashbringer and such returning to it's former glory, wielded by some NPC that actually deserves it.

Pro tip: I mog'd away from Ashbringer the second I got it and haven't collected a single appearance (except the ones you cant avoid getting), it helped me to not feel like I butchered the lore too much... i just pretend that all this never happend!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawon View Post
    Pro tip: I mog'd away from Ashbringer the second I got it and haven't collected a single appearance (except the ones you cant avoid getting), it helped me to not feel like I butchered the lore too much... i just pretend that all this never happend!
    You went a step farther than I, but I like where your head is at.

I had a similar thought, when I started getting appearances. Some of them are so different, that it feels like I'm just wielding a cool looking sword, which I'm ok with. I'll never equip the classic Ashbringer appearance again, though.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

Deleted
    I did the same thing. While I love the Ashbringer's lore (up until Legion), I have always thought it looks stupid. Hence I've always ignored the grind for appearances as well.

I miss Hammer of Wrath, I miss Exorcism, I miss the auras and the seal-twisting. Oh, and the Final Verdict animation in WOD. It looks so badass.

What I don't like in Legion's Ret: probably everything except Blade of Justice and Ashbringer and critting 2m lol

Sad part about the last thing is that the "noobs" probably dont even know what Ashbringer is, it's just a "omgcoolwepz" for them... for the people that do care, it's just heartbreaking to see that icon of a weapon ending up like this, thousands of copies, lore and its status murdered...
    If it comforts you any, the first thing my Tauren did was transmog that ugly thing.

Same with Doomhammer.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

I've mained Holy since I started the game but I've always played ret a ton on the side.

I'd say the biggest thing is HoW, at least in pvp. Someone tries to run away and they're low? Nope. Would take care of the annoying monks that can get away from you multiple times with multiple abilities.

Hammer of Wrath. God, I miss it. Even a a Fury Warrior, Execute feels fucking awful with how they designed Juggernaut.

I actually warmed up to the new Divine Storm, but still really miss Emp DS from WoD. It's cool to chuck it around now.

Blessings, seals, auras, all cool but not a dealbreaker for me like the other 2.

I remember the day I learned everyone was getting Ashbringer(or any artifact that any members of a spec share), and thought of how fucking stupid that struck me.