Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Just completed it as a 890 Windwalker. Took me about 20 attempts I think.

http://imgur.com/BctCMzu

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ng/achievement

Followed the WWer advice, and used the same strat as in the video. Prydaz really makes this fight easier (probably why I managed with such a low gear score). I also used a stamina flask for the extra shielded HP.

Here is the advice:
    Macro your interupt on the Fel Burst (/tar /cast)
    Keep clones for the earthquake phase. If your clones are down for the eggs, use Xuen.
    If he doesn't cast Fel Burst right before Earthquake, he will cast it right after, so wait on it
    I used Whirlding Dragon Punch, Spinning crane kick or serpent kick to clear totems
    I macroed paralyze to interupt the sonic screech (/tar /cast)
    When the tauren dies, keep using paralyze to interupt the sonic screech, or touch of karma and let it through. Stunning also works.
    Last edited by Rakoth; 2017-04-05 at 06:59 AM.

Deleted
    Completed it as a 897 Equipped Destro lock last night.
    * Talent used were : Backdraft - Reverse Entropy - Mortal Coil - Soul Harvest - Demon Skin - Grimoire of service - Soul Conduit.
    * Legendary used were Prydaz + Feretory.

The main thing you should know it's that if you interrupt the earthquake cast before it reaches 50% of the cast, you'll still get the falling rocks, but you won't get any egg to spawn, making things easier.

The go to pet it's obviously the felhunter, for it's interrupt, and same goes for the grimoire of service's pet. Both of the spells the boss cast can be interrupted with fear.
    Your interrupt priority choice should be something like : felhunter Spell lock > Mortal Coil > Grimoire of service: Felhunter > infernal.
    Once you get down the timing of the encounter, you can interrupt the fel burst using fear, by casting it right after the cross AOE green spikes.
    Just to be safe, I didn't use the infernal until the worm phase at the end, so i had a backup stun if needed.

Wreak havoc it's not worth to use due to the fact that the worm itself has only ~40 mil HP, and it doesn't hit that hard.

If you have a Sephuz, consider to use it because it will have an uptime of 100%

Edit: i just started writing on the forums ( long time lurker ) so i can't post links yet, here's the video of the challenge:
    www youtube com/watch?v=7ZytnULExNM

Deleted
    Completed it as a 897 Equipped Destro lock last night.

* Talent used were : Backdraft - Reverse Entropy - Mortal Coil - Soul Harvest - Demon Skin - Grimoire of service - Soul Conduit.
    * Legendary used were Prydaz + Feretory.

The main thing you should know it's that if you interrupt the earthquake cast before it reaches 50% of the cast, you'll still get the falling rocks, but you won't get any egg to spawn, making things easier.

The go to pet it's obviously the felhunter, for it's interrupt, and same goes for the grimoire of service's pet. Both of the spells the boss cast can be interrupted with fear.
    Your interrupt priority choice should be something like : felhunter Spell lock > Mortal Coil > Grimoire of service: Felhunter > infernal.
    Once you get down the timing of the encounter, you can interrupt the fel burst using fear, by casting it right after the cross AOE green spikes.
    Just to be safe, I didn't use the infernal until the worm phase at the end, so i had a backup stun if needed.

Wreak havoc it's not worth to use due to the fact that the worm itself has only ~40 mil HP, and it doesn't hit that hard.

If you have a Sephuz, consider to use it because it will have an uptime of 100%

Edit: i just started writing on the forums ( long time lurker ) so i can't post links yet, here's the video of the challenge:
    www youtube com/watch?v=7ZytnULExNM

BM hunter, 906 equipped and I used mantle+legs.

Got it in 12 attempts.

Tips;
    - The fel surge one shot comes right at the start, then its basically rotated with earthquake. Fel > Quake > Fel > Quake > Fel
    - Always prioritise the totem, it stuns you but you can kill it with a single hit(tab cobra shot or /target macro will do)
    - The hardest Fel surges are the ones that happen after earthquake, as your dealing with eggs/worms and trying to stand on patches to bait the worm without being hit. Just remember a Fel surge is always coming when your dealing with eggs, so be ready to target Tugar and interrupt.
    - You can safely kill the worm from full hp to zero *after* Tugar if you have the healing legs but you still need to CC/Turtle screams(I wouldn't recommend it otherwise)
    - Without healing leggos, you will need to focus some dmg into the worm after the earthquake phases so that he is low hp as Tugar dies.
    - The worm and Tugar can both be CC'd by any means, use traps/intimidation on worm when not needed for Tugar interrupts, it'll minimise scream dmg.
    - Use a dps pet(with bloodlust) you don't need a tank pet at all for this. If your pet dies to a fel surge, use his insta res(Ferocity only) and misdirect to him. You'll have aggro for a minute or so while pet aggro catches up, but the boss will eventually go back on your pet.

Other than that, just focus and be prepared. Flask, food, rune like you would for any progress raid and make sure to prepot + 2nd pot later. Although its not really a dps race, but killing it faster makes it easier in terms of having to do less rotations of fel surge/quake but its all about survival so take your time and focus on mechanics(especially during quake) then burst your dps in the "quiet" phases where its less hectic.

GL peeps, the weapon looks pretty good and its a combination of a gun/crossbow. It also fires electric crossbow bolts.
    Last edited by Khrux; 2017-04-05 at 08:47 AM.

I have made a video of my kill. Maybe it will help You. You can see gear, pet and talents I have choosen. Took me around 10 tries. I did not know you can trap the worm, so as you can see at the end I almost died

Deleted
    Had about 8-9 tries last night as WW ilvl 880, best one was 42% - lack of HP and and a little frustration probably didn’t help much. Looking for some info/help with below:

- Ignored the worm and focused on interrupt Fel Burn / totems / adds.
    - Saving SEF for the adds and swapped out Hit Combo for Xuen (not sure if that was the best?)
    - You’re meant to lead the worm to the hard patches on the ground when it borrows, right?
    - Only 2 legendaries I have are the belt and boots, no other options.

I think just general lack of awareness and probably a little low on the gear side is what’s stopping me. I’ll probably just wait now for some better gear and try again at a later date

Deleted
    Just did it on my 11th try as a Windwalker Monk on EU. Didn't watch any guides/videos etc.

ILvL: 902
    Legendary used: Chest+Belt
    Talents used: Chi Wave, Tiger's Lust, EE, Leg Sweep, Had Dampen Harm but changed to Healing Elixir, Hit Combo, WDP
    Trinkets: Digit 900, CoF 895

What I did:
    - Full CDs on start with ToD, SEF and WDP.
    - Full use of Spear Hand Strike to interrupt Fel Burn. Highest priority.
    - Always used Transendence and Chi Wave to heal. (Used ToK after Tugar's death)
    - Paralysis on worm. (I failed sometimes, but the scream doesn't do leathly damage).
    - Used SEF - WDP - SCK(with stacks) to kill eggs. At the end I was too slow, so I dispelled the poison.
    - I waited for the end of Earthquake cast to interrupt his Fel Burn.
    - I tried to kit the worm to get him to sand and dodge his path. (In earthquake-phase)
    - Always used CJL to kill totem.
    - After Tugar's death I just used Paralyse and Leg Sweep to interrupt the worm.

(Proof: Pandily EU-Frostwolf - cant post links ;'))
    Last edited by mmocd103f8cb9f; 2017-04-05 at 01:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lichbane View Post
    And if you don't have them?
    Try with Prydaz instead if you have that one.

If you don't I suggest you try it when you have the utility legendaries.
    They are a massive help.
    I failed with ice trapping the Tauren and he killed my pet. With prydaz + legs i managed to tank him for the remaining 50%, interrupting every single cast. As he was always focused on me, ice trapping became easier due to the landing distance.

Deleted
    poorly scripted encounter

it is pretty much luck based not much skill to it...
    Last edited by mmoc92521f709a; 2017-04-05 at 02:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cr0wl0ck View Post
    poorly scripted encounter

it is pretty much luck based not much skill to it...
    I found as a windwalker, I was in control the whole time. If I died, it's because I either did not interupt a burst, or because I got stunned by the worm when he burrow. (Poor spatial). I can't speak for the other classes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakoth View Post
    I found as a windwalker, I was in control the whole time. If I died, it's because I either did not interupt a burst, or because I got stunned by the worm when he burrow. (Poor spatial). I can't speak for the other classes.
    I'm finding that either I screw up a Burst, or I get stunned by the totem. certainly my fault, also as a WW. Also that more gear wouldn't really help.

Completed as 896 Disc priest, after about 40 attempts. Ran cold out of mana at the end, ha.

Talent setup: Castigation, Masochism, Psychic Voice, Mindbender, Power Infusion, Halo, Purge the Wicked. Masochism is a must to help recover from the Fel Bursts you can't interrupt. Psychic Voice should be obvious. My uptime with Twist of Fate was really low because you typically stay at high health or get killed almost instantly, so I went PI instead. I initially was going with Divine Star, but Halo works better for a number of reasons; while two DS do more damage than one Halo, running around trying to position it right was more trouble than it was worth, while Halo is fire-and-forget, and Halo has the added bonus of clipping totems during certain moment. Purge the Wicked helped a lot both because I needed all the damage I could get, and because the auto-spread helps clean up the worms.

Consumables: on my kill, I used Prolonged Power (he hugs us so Deadly Grace underachieves), flask, rune, health/mana pots, and Drums, which turned out to be the critical component I was missing for the longest time; the extra damage early in the fight while there are fewer mechanics to manage made all the difference.

Legendaries: I used Prydaz and Sephuz. Prydaz saves a ton of damage over the fight; Sephuz has a ton of uptime. Don't have Cord of Maiev or it would be worth considering, but probably only over Sephuz, not Prydaz.

Dealing with the Fel Burst: this is the number one thing that will kill you. Psychic Scream is the counter, but the CD of Burst is half the CD of Scream even talented. You don't have to interrupt every time you can (I eat the first one just because I already have a PW: Shield and Prydaz), but if you don't interrupt you need to have measures in place to keep you up. Generally though you'll be interrupting as often as you can.

To survive Fel Burst, you need to be topped off, have a fresh shield, and (ideally) Fade. The muscle memory you'll build is you'll get a sense of when the Burst is coming, Fade, then Shield, before the hit comes, then Shadow Mending to get some health back and give a buffer against future damage.

Dealing with the worms: during the earthquake cast, three rocks will fall. (Don't be hit by the rocks.) You want to be in the general position here, preferably so you have the rocks in front of you. If you do, you'll be able to see the eggs as they fall. DoT them up *immediately*, then Halo when you can. (This may be about the time of a Fel Burst; don't rush the Halo if it means messing with surviving the Burst.) If your DoT was quick enough, this should be enough to pop the eggs before the worms ever hatch. If not, you can manually DoT the worms, or sometimes your Purge will spread naturally from your Penance and take care of it.

Dealing with the totem: not much to say here. it's a priority target to stomp with a quick DoT cast, and sometimes Halo will sweep it away on its own, which is nice. Humans can pop out of the stun in emergencies but don't plan on this.

On DPS: you can see I went heavy on the consumables, and that's because additional DPS goes a long way on this fight. This is for three reasons. First, a shorter fight gives fewer opportunities for things to go wrong. Every time you have to repeat the mechanics you risk making a mistake and getting one-shot; the shorter the fight, the fewer times you might make a mistake.

Second, the bad guys use their abilities more and more rapidly as the fight progresses. By about four and a half minutes, the CD on Fel Burst is short enough that you'll have to burn your heavy cooldowns to maintain. Shortly thereafter things become quite unmanageable. If you're not close to finishing him off by the five minute mark you're probably toast.

Third, mana. I ran out of mana, even popping a mana potion with an Alchemist's Stone boosting it. The big worm doesn't have that much health, thankfully, so just roll CDs to survive his Sonic Scream (which has one-shot potential when he enrages) and you can get him down.... not leisurely, but safely. If you run out of mana when Tugar is still alive you're toast.

Deleted
    Do the number of eggs spawning cap out? If I'm at 4 eggs spawning and the boss is only at 50%, should I just give up, because I'm too slow? Will I get overrun by eggs/adds? Any tips for killing the eggs/worms as a WW other than "They're all in range of one FoF" (hint - they are not.) or "Just use SEF (CD's too long for that to be viable after the third or so). How many earthquake phases should I be looking at, realistically?

Quote Originally Posted by Penne View Post
    Do the number of eggs spawning cap out? If I'm at 4 eggs spawning and the boss is only at 50%, should I just give up, because I'm too slow? Will I get overrun by eggs/adds? Any tips for killing the eggs/worms as a WW other than "They're all in range of one FoF" (hint - they are not.) or "Just use SEF (CD's too long for that to be viable after the third or so). How many earthquake phases should I be looking at, realistically?
    Just a quick thought, without playing WW this expansion:
    Is it possible for you to interrupt every now and then an earthquake and eat the Fel Blast with reduction cooldowns and Touch of Karma?

902 Destr Warlock here with a few tips of how I completed it.

I was more successful using Grim:Service than Grim:SuP. Reason being is that eventually my silence from pet, and deathcoil cooldowns started to overlap with some of the fel burst casts. So every 1-min I am able to call out another felhunter and he would silence right away.

Also if you fear the boss during his earthquake cast early enough, you can stop the small worms / eggs from being spawned at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Killem View Post
    Just a quick thought, without playing WW this expansion:
    Is it possible for you to interrupt every now and then an earthquake and eat the Fel Blast with reduction cooldowns and Touch of Karma?
    With ToK, you can eat a blast. Without it, it very nearly kills you from full. Earthquake isn't interruptible, though it may be stoppable with a stun? Not sure there. Know he is stunnable, and ccable. Maybe para to hit earthquake?

Quote Originally Posted by Rilas13 View Post
    Your welcome. Turns out we just have to eat the 3mil hit when we can't fear it. Good times.
    Unintuitive that fear works at all, normally mobs just recast an ability immideately after fear ends.

Quote Originally Posted by Penne View Post
    With ToK, you can eat a blast. Without it, it very nearly kills you from full. Earthquake isn't interruptible, though it may be stoppable with a stun? Not sure there. Know he is stunnable, and ccable. Maybe para to hit earthquake?
    I read somewhere that if you stun him during EQ at a certain time. Eggs don't drop, only the rocks.

Deleted
    Finished an hour ago as 886 destro lock in about 25-30 runs. Talents were 1,1,2,3,1,2,3 Legendarys : Sin'dorei spite & Pillars of the Dark Portal
    -pet felhunter
    -interrupt order: coil->pet->goServ pet-> fear->coil....repeat. About 10-15 seconds after Goserv just dodge stuff on floor and wait for his cast so you can have enough time to fear him. You dont want to be in gcd when he casts.
    - When you see totem spawn he will cast in next few seconds. Leave totem until after you interrupt him Use conflag macro to kill totem.
    - Fear his earthquake asap! Don't let him spawn any eggs. They can be killed with ease, but why waste time and dmg if you can easily prevent them from spawning.
    - don't dps the worm just keep an eye on his scream so you don't get spell locked. Note on the worm: after he goes under ground he will pop up, find your position and go in straight line to your position at that moment. Just move few steps and you are clear. There is no need to run around like crazy. Try to position yourself behind small rocks that falls down during earthquake (they always fall and they dmg you) BUT when worm starts moving toward you, you still have to dodge
    since rock wont stop him (just takes down one his stack)
    -when boss dies nuke the worm, fear his screams (you can still survive one if on full hp), drain and coil to full health if needed. gg

This is NOT a dps race, its much more important to be precise with interrupt order and dodge stuff on ground then it is to dps him.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakoth View Post
    I read somewhere that if you stun him during EQ at a certain time. Eggs don't drop, only the rocks.
    Unstunnable at the start of EQ, certainly. Not got the shards to repeatedly try stuns at various parts, but that sounds like a bug. I just wish that I could hit all the adds with my aoes, that they moved, or something - I end up running in big circles, trying to get the worm to hit the rock and not me (.particularly as the worm continues after hitting the rock, which is nasty design)

As much as I may sound like I'm complaining, I bloody well love this. 20%ish after 8 min on P1 is my best. Great fun, just burned an hour, but seeing improvements - These are the kinds of wipes I love. More solo content like this would be perfect. Heck, imagine a solo dungeon like this!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Richarrd View Post
    - Fear his earthquake asap! Don't let him spawn any eggs. They can be killed with ease, but why waste time and dmg if you can easily prevent them from spawning.
    - don't dps the worm just keep an eye on his scream so you don't get spell locked. Note on the worm: after he goes under ground he will pop up, find your position and go in straight line to your position at that moment. Just move few steps and you are clear. There is no need to run around like crazy. Try to position yourself behind small rocks that falls down during earthquake (they always fall and they dmg you) BUT when worm starts moving toward you, you still have to dodge
    since rock wont stop him (just takes down one his stack)

This is NOT a dps race, its much more important to be precise with interrupt order and dodge stuff on ground then it is to dps him.
    Interesting that you can fear EQ, but not stun to interrupt it. Presumed that you couldn't paralyse for it either, but should test that, really. Not a lock, obv, but yeah.
    DPS is VERY important if you're getting the egg/worm phase, because that escalates to 4 eggs pretty quickly. Also, don't they cast faster as the fight goes on? Yeah, more important to live than to DPS, but it's a nontrivial component.
    I find that the worm sometimes charges at where I am just at the end of his popup, so keeping moving feels a lot safer here, with the sheer speed of his charge.

EDIT - he's stunnable partway through, and paralysis-vulnerable for all of it. No way to stop the eggs spawning, though.
    Last edited by mmoca3e4aa7234; 2017-04-06 at 07:52 PM.