Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TJrogue View Post
    Does that make it any better?
    It doesn't, but it is essentialy emotional blackmail. They willingly put themselves in danger and you're making the point that if we don't save them, they will die.
    I would draw an analogy here, if I threaten to kill myself if you don't give me a million dollars, you probably wouldn't do it, but then according to your logic, you killed me.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Thunder Focus Tea can now be combined with a bit of milk and a few drops of vanilla extract to produce a lovely hot beverage for all seasons.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pucek View Post
    It doesn't, but it is essentialy emotional blackmail. They willingly put themselves in danger and you're making the point that if we don't save them, they will die.
    I would draw an analogy here, if I threaten to kill myself if you don't give me a million dollars, you probably wouldn't do it, but then according to your logic, you killed me.
    That is an absurd analogy.

Is it? You're making a point that by not taking them we kill them, but unlike the actual refugees from Syria, people from Africa are mostly economic migrants dreaming of a luxurious and easy life in Europe. They WILLINGLY endanger themselves and try to force their way here. You know there are immigration offices and if they want to come, I'd welcome them happily if they went through proper channels, with background checks, registration so they can be monitored and found if the need arises. Instead of just throwing themselves in the sea.
    Thunder Focus Tea can now be combined with a bit of milk and a few drops of vanilla extract to produce a lovely hot beverage for all seasons.

Deleted
    As absurd to say we're killing them when they put themselves in danger.

Maybe, but taking to sea in vessels you know will sink is the exact thing he said: blackmail.

That analogy makes sense. It describes the situation perfectly.

you gon get enriched

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Turning boats away means they die if they attempt crossing the sea in vessels clearly not suitable for the task.
    Indeed, but to continue taking them in means that they will continue to try in those bad bots.
    Whereas if they got deported, they would stop, because then there is no rewards for risking the crossing.

Deleted
    Is it? You're making a point that by not taking them we kill them, but unlike the actual refugees from Syria, people from Africa are mostly economic migrants dreaming of a luxurious and easy life in Europe. They WILLINGLY endanger themselves and try to force their way here. You know there are immigration offices and if they want to come, I'd welcome them happily if they went through proper channels, with background checks, registration so they can be monitored and found if the need arises. Instead of just throwing themselves in the sea.
    You're assuming. And when you assume you put an ass between me and u

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Njorun View Post
    As absurd to say we're killing them when they put themselves in danger.
    Not really. If you argue that we turn boats around, we are refusing to help and sending them to their death. That is what people argue when they argue "turn them back".

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    Indeed, but to continue taking them in means that they will continue to try in those bad bots.
    Whereas if they got deported, they would stop, because then there is no rewards for risking the crossing.
    Yeah, that was one of my biggest problems with the immigration crisis. What happened there was effectively rewarding people who broke the law and came to the southern countries illegaly. It was basicly spiting in face of all the legal immigrants who chose to come through immigration offices and who integrate and respect their new home countries much more often.

You're assuming. And when you assume you put an ass between me and u
    I can spin that as well, you are assuming that they will die when you turn them back, they survived the road one way didn't they?
    Last edited by Pucek; 2017-04-05 at 11:58 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
    Are they only staying for Summer? Birds and whales and seals migrate but I've never heard of the Migratory patterns of humans. Or are they using a different word to confuse what these people really are?
    Nomadic people are a new concept for you?
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

I wonder what happens if the Mediterranean runs out of decrepit, non-seaworthy boats. Will someone purpose-build more?

Deleted
    Maybe, but taking to sea in vessels you know will sink is the exact thing he said: blackmail.
    Words fail me.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, that was one of my biggest problems with the immigration crisis. What happened there was effectively rewarding people who broke the law and came to the southern countries illegaly. It was basicly spiting in face of all the legal immigrants who chose to come through immigration offices and who integrate and respect their new home countries much more often.

I can spin that as well, you are assuming that they will die when you turn them back, they survived the road one way didn't they?
    That's not an assumption. If you turn boats around they die. Simples.

- - - Updated - - -

That's actually a good point. However, thanks to the recent fuck ups, there is now overwhelming demand. The trafficking business is booming big in libya. Bringing them back wouldn't change anything short term.

Simply put, short term there's nothing we can do, however having a solid deportation system plus starting to fix issues back in their home countries could help long term.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    Or I could just tell you to stop shitting and pissing yourself over racial and cultural purity because not everyone does a perfect one to one assimilation
    And neither do these migrants. They don't WANT to assimilate into western society. They congregate together and live off the system that lets them in with open arms.

However, when it comes to contributing, they cannot be fucked.

I'm not saying that's what happens unilaterally, but it's hardly an uncommon occurrence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thomolithic View Post
    And neither do these migrants. They don't WANT to assimilate into western society. They congregate together and live off the system that lets them in with open arms.

However, when it comes to contributing, they cannot be fucked.

I'm not saying that's what happens unilaterally, but it's hardly an uncommon occurrence.
    multiple recent studies (dutch) actually state quite the oposite.
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrno View Post
    Lol, care to post these studies? Were they done by dramatically left wing universities? Because we can use crime statistics and education levels to refute that.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder what happens if the Mediterranean runs out of decrepit, non-seaworthy boats. Will someone purpose-build more?
    Improvised sea vessels are common enough in literature when someone wishes to cross waters. Some call them rafts.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post
    Improvised sea vessels are common enough in literature when someone wishes to cross waters. Some call them rafts.
    And just how common in literature is the successful crossing of a 1000-mile open stretch of sea on one of these rafts?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrno View Post
    I'd rather believe what I see with my own 2 eyes than some peer reviewed study by a guy in an office who's probably not stepped foot outside his suburban neighbourhood except to get to work or play gold on a weekend.

Edit: I love how there are 'multiple' studies, yet you've not posted one source for any of them.