Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Actually, it doesn't. That's a form of harrasment, which I stated is against their policy. Camping wasn't the issue. Killing them multiple times wasn't the issue. Harassment was the issue -

"If someone made it their mission to constantly kill another player (e.g., following them around and killing them whenever they're online, day after day, over a long period time), that could make it extremely difficult for the victim to play.

At that point it stops being PvP and becomes harassment. We'd want to hear about it and would, at the very least, look into the matter."
    And that's what Lucetia said.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Never would someone turn off PvP when they see a party of the enemy faction nearby that may or may not kill them
    If you do that, to me it means you do not like WPVP.

If we are gonna disable PVP on PVP servers then we have to disable PVE on PVE servers right?

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    If we are gonna disable PVP on PVP servers then we have to disable PVE on PVE servers right?
    You can already opt-out from PVE on PVE servers, you just don't participate and that's it. It's the entire thing that you can't do that with PVP on PVP servers, and this is stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Dryla View Post
    If you do that, to me it means you do not like WPVP.
    So if you don't enjoy being ganked (I'm talking a party of 3-5 people), you don't like world PvP? NOBODY likes being ganked, that's the entire premise of ganking. If being ganked was fun for people, the people who ganked would be entirely different people.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Complaining about world PVP when you chose to play on a pvp server must be the most asinine thing ever.

Not everybody chooses a server, as a raider you chose by guild, and if that guild you want to join happens to be an a pvp realm, you have to take it like it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Sigh... How about reading the posts befor you try to add to the conversation?
    I haven't seen literally one thing since the OP that made me think any differently. You're on a PVP server. PVP happens. You don't like it. What's more likely to happen, Bliz changing their long-held server types or you xferring?

For all the people who argue "I was placed on a PVP server and didn't know any better..." So the entire time you were leveling, you never once saw an instance of World PVP? When you rolled on the realm Bliz "placed" you on, you had no idea what "PVP" meant? And no one throughout your leveling of your first toon ever mentioned anything at all about being on a PVP server?
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    You can already opt-out from PVE on PVE servers, you just don't participate and that's it. It's the entire thing that you can't do that with PVP on PVP servers, and this is stupid.
    You can. Stay in instanced areas or sanctuaries.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by coprax View Post
    Not everybody chooses a server, as a raider you chose by guild, and if that guild you want to join happens to be an a pvp realm, you have to take it like it is.
    Or, you know, choose another guild. Not expect Blizzard to change the server types because you can't say no.

Actually, it doesn't. That's a form of harrasment, which I stated is against their policy. Camping wasn't the issue. Killing them multiple times wasn't the issue. Harassment was the issue -
    Also, you have to look at it from the other side. When does camping one go from camping to harassment? I mean if you kill the person more than twice then really you are doing nothing more than just harassing them because you find it enjoyable. You are hindering their ability to do anything in-game and usually it's after the ressed and at low health to start with.

No. He/she said:

The Blizzard quote is saying, "following them around, day after day, over a long period of time" - Also know as harrasment.

Sorry, but couple hours is "over a long period of time". Just because it wasn't over several days doesn't change it.

You can. Stay in instanced areas or sanctuaries.
    Well, that's why these analogies are always fickle. One of the opt-outs is limiting you way more than the other.

Deleted
    Why are you on a pvp serever???????

Go to a PVE server, like wtf? Is this thread needed?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Also, you have to look at it from the other side. When does camping one go from camping to harassment? I mean if you kill the person more than twice then really you are doing nothing more than just harassing them because you find it enjoyable. You are hindering their ability to do anything in-game and usually it's after the ressed and at low health to start with.
    If it has a PvP solution, it's ok. There's a difference between stalking someone and corpsecamping someone. Doing the latter for a few hours has always been okay and I'm inclined to believe your story is a lie to gain ground in an argument, which is a pretty sad tactic. Doing the former means, like Winter Blossom said, following them around for days.

Sorry, but couple hours is "over a long period of time". Just because it wasn't over several days doesn't change it.
    Yes, plus the entire idea that there are universal rules for what is and what isn't harassment is laughable. In practice, this always depends on the case and on whoever is making a judgement.

Well, that's why these analogies are always fickle. One of the opt-outs is limiting you way more than the other.
    PvE, player versus environment, means anything where you fight a computer controlled entity. Which means anything involving combat that isn't PvP. So, toggling PvE off on a PvE server means the same thing as toggling PvP off on a PvP server: you can - in sanctuaries (mostly, there's some PvE in Dalaran too) and instanced areas.

There's a difference between stalking someone and corpsecamping someone. Doing the latter for a few hours has always been okay and I'm inclined to believe your story is a lie to gain ground in an argument, which is a pretty sad tactic. Doing the former means, like Winter Blossom said, following them around for days.
    ROFLMAO

Where are you getting these "this means this, that means that" from? This is just BS.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by coprax View Post

So MAYBE find a different guild? What backwards logic is this?

Here let me fix your problem since you look for guilds over servers first lmao. Go to the forums and look for a guild on a PVE SERVER. Then server change to that server

I feel like I'm losing brain cells reading people complain about pvp on a pvp server.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    Title says it all. It's impossible to farm on my server because there are as many horde groups farming as alliance groups. Farming shards turns into massive PvP shit and I have to leave. If I want to do PvP I would go to BG not Broken Shore.
    I hope Blizzard don't disable it, it is fun like Timeless Isle etc.

Again, refer to this quote: ...
    The quote does not contradict anything. If you are being ganked for hours in a single day, you may submit a request (I hope you don't contest that) and they might take action, ie, ban whoever is ganking you. All the quote says is that they "generally" / "in most situations" do not become involved, but again, it just depends on the circumstances.

ROFLMAO

Where are you getting these "this means this, that means that" from? This is just BS.
    Blizzard's own definition, just a few posts up. I know reading is hard, but you could at least try if you're going to hit me with a ROFLMAO.

- - - Updated - - -

The quote does not contradict anything. If you are being ganked for hours in a single day, you may submit a request (I hope you don't contest that) and they might take action, ie, ban whoever is ganking you. All the quote says is that they "generally" / "in most situations" do not become involved, but again, it just depends on the circumstances.
    Generally, in most situations, ie those that fill the mentioned criteria and even then might not have action taken. Basic reading comprehension.
    Last edited by Segus1992; 2017-04-05 at 02:20 PM.

You can play the blame game all you want. Doesn't matter to me. In the end all that matters to myself is that I know who screwed up in the end, who changed the rules and such.

Secondly, I could care less if I'm equal to Blizzard. Blizzard probably doesn't like my work arounds, but guess what? Until they change things I'll keep doing them. As I'm sure they hate when players join PvE servers to avoid things or even sitting there shard jumping around affecting other shards and overpopulating them.

To be honest, I could care less who believes it. You are always free to test it out yourself. Go kill some lowbies or someone for a few hours, see if they report you and what happens. None of it bothers me in the slightest, but dealing with Blizzard and such shows otherwise.

Ganking is not the equivalent of camping someone for hours.
    Corpse camping and NPC killing for hours is perfectly allowed. If the people have issues they can switch characters and rally up other people to deal with it a GM will not ban for it as it is not against their tos its been said many times even to guildies of mine in the past by GM
    "How you build your character is not a feature of a MMORPG, it is the feature. Everything else is secondary even the gameplay itself is secondary to building your character, its the kind of stuff you think about when you are at work or school and couldnt wait to go home to play WoW or Diablo 2. We have all done it." ~Into, 2016