Situations in which Magistrikes beat Sin'Dorei out for DPS (destro only)?

On my Destruction Warlock, I recently found Magistrike Restraints. Usually it would be a kind of happy event, but the problem is I already have Sin'dorei's Spite (the Demonology bracers).

I'm trying to find a way in which Magistrikes may have any potential for any use at all. My other legendaries are Destro ring, cloth boots, and Demo shoulders. I imagine that on a fight like Gul'Dan, High Botanist, or Elisande the Magistrike Restraints might give the Demo bracers a run for their money, but I can't really tell.

How about Mythic+? I suppose during trash the Magistrikes are a no-brainer, while on bosses I should be using Sin'Dorei's.

I would say never, after the nerf on the destro bracers. The only possible way to beat demo bracers imo would be MAYBE with a perma cleave fight for 3 mins and multiples of 3 mins, since otherwise with bl on pull the demo bracers might get more extra value. Also it can be having an insane luck streak.

Deleted
    After the unwarranted sledgehammer nerf they're completely useless.

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    Well, bummer. Read this and some hours later i got the destro bracers. Im chasing the shoulders, only destro spec leggy im missing now. BUT, they might still be good if lets say using it with wreak havoc and youre chance on shardrefund can proc from both(++) CB's? Then drop belt and use cloak? Would be sweet. Havent found any info on this.
    Last edited by slofen; 2017-04-04 at 10:42 PM. Reason: Typo

Magistrikes need constant 2 target, they're bis on sustained cleave.

So pretty much elisande this tier, maybe gul'dan.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by slofen View Post
    Well, bummer. Read this and some hours later i got the destro bracers. Im chasing the shoulders, only destro spec leggy im missing now. BUT, they might still be good if lets say using it with wreak havoc and youre chance on shardrefund can proc from both(++) CB's? Then drop belt and use cloak? Would be sweet. Havent found any info on this.
    I got really lucky this weekend and got my shoulders from the legion bag after turning in 100 resources and then about 30 hours later I gambled the belt with 5k shards.

The combination is really nice and my dps went up a lot, around 120k+.

So now, I will use my shards to gamble bracers in Demo spec. Best of luck to you getting your shoulders.

OT: I got my Destro bracers and they are extremely lackluster. I don't see how they could be better than the Demo baracers.
    Last edited by Amonthar; 2017-04-05 at 10:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Amonthar View Post
    OT: I got my Destro bracers and they are extremely lackluster. I don't see how they could be better than the Demo baracers.
    You need *constant* 2 target for them to be better. *constant*.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    You need *constant* 2 target for them to be better. *constant*.
    If you run Wreak Havoc and it is a two target fight, would they be beneficial? I would think without WH they would be good but with WH you would need three targets. I haven't had them that long myself.

The situations where they were good went down when they were nerfed.

I figure to shoot for the Demo Bracers and then maybe go for Prydaz by swapping to Affliction when gambling or should I go for an actual affliction legendary instead?

Quote Originally Posted by Amonthar View Post
    If you run Wreak Havoc and it is a two target fight, would they be beneficial? I would think without WH they would be good but with WH you would need three targets. I haven't had them that long myself.

The situations where they were good went down when they were nerfed.

I figure to shoot for the Demo Bracers and then maybe go for Prydaz by swapping to Affliction when gambling or should I go for an actual affliction legendary instead?
    You need sustained 2 target, so basically only situations where you would use wreak havoc. This tier that's basically just elisande and maybe gul'dan but not really cause there's points where it'd just be more beneficial to have bracers / shoulders.

I've taken to using belt and norgannon's since the change actually made norgannon's useful by reducing the wait time to 6 seconds instead of 8.