Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    Title says it all. It's impossible to farm on my server because there are as many horde groups farming as alliance groups. Farming shards turns into massive PvP shit and I have to leave. If I want to do PvP I would go to BG not Broken Shore.
    Join a CRZ group on PVE server, problem resolved.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    You can already opt-out from PVE on PVE servers, you just don't participate and that's it. It's the entire thing that you can't do that with PVP on PVP servers, and this is stupid.
    you do know literally doing anything to do with combat in the game is PVE right? not just raiding

if you want to just sit in your classh all all day to avoid PVE you can do the same to avoid PVP

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    "I don't agree with your opinion so you are a fanboy" is what you are basically saying yes? You have the options to deal with rolling on a pvp server yet choose to blame the company over your poor choice. Hardly defending them. When you want to actually have a discussion with me throw me a PM. If you just want to throw insults around because we have different opinions I see no point in continuing with you.

You knew what you were getting into the minute you clicked that PvP server. Blizzard didn't make you do it.
    And again, back to the statement about not reading. When I clicked PvP server 12 or 14 years ago, whenever that was, the game was vastly different than it is today. As I already said, some people made the right choice when picking a PvP server at a time when world PvP was good, and more balanced, and more fair. That was hardly the wrong choice. The fact that Blizzard then destroyed the PvP with gear inflation and bad server imbalance with mutli-server zoning, doesn't mean the player made a bad choice. It means Blizzard messed up. Your a fanboy because your implying Blizzard can't make any mistakes and we who chose to play on a PvP server have to just accept the bad design as time goes on, or pay extra to escape it. Blizzard can do no wrong, am I right?

ROFL, obviously.

Know nothing, say something stupid because of that, get crushed again, then proceed with "I still think this is retarded" with no substantiation, no logic, no nothing.

Whatever, dear.
    Alright. You think I based my initial arguments against a dumbass toggle on some ideal that everyone has my attitude towards world PvP? I'm fully aware pieces of shit exist, doesn't mean I'll want to fuck all world PvPers over just because I think some people would be better off banned from the game, it doesn't work like that.

I'm fully aware people who spend days doing nothing but ganking (like I initially mentioned, btw, and still holds) exist, and a toggle just to get away from those would be really stupid. Kind of like committing genocide because a small group of people are more prone to rape.

Again, your attempted condescension is cute and all, but why exactly would your ganking convince me that you should be allowed to hide from other gankers?

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Alright. You think I based my initial arguments against a dumbass toggle on some ideal that everyone has my attitude towards world PvP? I'm fully aware pieces of shit exist, doesn't mean I'll want to fuck all world PvPers over just because I think some people would be better off banned from the game, it doesn't work like that.

I'm fully aware people who spend days doing nothing but ganking (like I initially mentioned, btw, and still holds) exist, and a toggle just to get away from those would be really stupid. Kind of like committing genocide because a small group of people are more prone to rape.

Again, your attempted condescension is cute and all, but why exactly would your ganking convince me that you should be allowed to hide from other gankers?
    Because the victims are being ganked in 99% of the cases completely unfairly and not "fairly" by guys like you. Numbers.

The opting out will be bad for you but very good for everyone else. It is clear what the choice should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimson View Post
    I haven't seen literally one thing since the OP that made me think any differently. You're on a PVP server. PVP happens. You don't like it. What's more likely to happen, Bliz changing their long-held server types or you xferring?

For all the people who argue "I was placed on a PVP server and didn't know any better..." So the entire time you were leveling, you never once saw an instance of World PVP? When you rolled on the realm Bliz "placed" you on, you had no idea what "PVP" meant? And no one throughout your leveling of your first toon ever mentioned anything at all about being on a PVP server?
    There were no alliance players on the server or very few of them. So no. No world PvP at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by alt-ithist View Post
    Why do you guys keep repeating this shit? No rules were changed. There were never a rule stating you would never have your faction on a receiving end of an asskicking. Hell they have been trying since the beginning to get players to join the losing faction in hopes of balancing the numbers.
    Your own perceived rules are not something Blizzard need to conform with. The only rules I know of PvP server is your able to attack or be attacked by member of the opposite faction at anytime except in sanctuary areas and you are free to chose to or not to engage lvl in starter zones controlled by your faction. Actually I think that last one was added later, not to sure.
    The rules were changed. One server became all servers rolled into on.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyviner View Post
    And again, back to the statement about not reading. When I clicked PvP server 12 or 14 years ago, whenever that was, the game was vastly different than it is today. As I already said, some people made the right choice when picking a PvP server at a time when world PvP was good, and more balanced, and more fair. That was hardly the wrong choice. The fact that Blizzard then destroyed the PvP with gear inflation and bad server imbalance with mutli-server zoning, doesn't mean the player made a bad choice. It means Blizzard messed up. Your a fanboy because your implying Blizzard can't make any mistakes and we who chose to play on a PvP server have to just accept the bad design as time goes on, or pay extra to escape it. Blizzard can do no wrong, am I right?
    So no actual argument you just want to call me a fanboy because I disagree with you right? Ok then when you want to have a discussion feel free to PM me.

Why play on a pvp server if you don't like getting ganked?
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Because the victims are being ganked in 99% of the cases completely unfairly and not "fairly" by guys like you. Numbers.

The opting out will be bad for you but very good for everyone else. It is clear what the choice should be.
    What, you think your ganking affected 99% of people? That's some real delusions of grandeur right there.

Back to the consensus of this thread. PvP servers are like this, move to PvE if you want to hide from PvP. There's really nothing more to say. It won't change, your opinion doesn't matter. Ultimately neither does mine, I'm just lucky Blizzard shares it.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's very true, but some people started on PvP servers when world PvP was good, and it isn't any good now. PvE servers do exist, and perhaps Blizzard should provide a free means to get to them. Otherwise they should fix the shitty world PvP, or allow you to opt out. Shouldn't have to pay 25 bucks per character to be able to play them, just because Blizzard can't design their game properly.
    When you say "fix the shitty world PvP" you mean the PvP that happens in the open world in populated world quest areas? Also the PvP that happens because everyone happens to be *GASP* on ground mounts!?!?!

The answer is No. Blizzard already provided you means to transfer to a PvE server. If you choose not to purchase that service then you stay on your PvP server and don't complain about PvP happening on a PvP server.

By the way, Blizzard has designed their game just fine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    Title says it all. It's impossible to farm on my server because there are as many horde groups farming as alliance groups. Farming shards turns into massive PvP shit and I have to leave. If I want to do PvP I would go to BG not Broken Shore.
    Move to a PvE Server, problem solved.

You chose to play on a PvP server, so happy PvPing!

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard fanboy detected. Can't read, and blindly defends Blizzard no matter how bad they screw up. Let's all just keep giving extra money to Blizzard so they don't have to have responsible design, because you know, we can cough up the money and go to a different server that doesn't have problems. Well said dumbass.
    Responsible design? lol i think ive seen it all with this post. The server is *GASP* Working as intended! You know the rules when you roll a character on that server type. They clearly state that you can be attacked in the open world on this server type. You click agree and continue to make a character. Get over yourself. Blizzard is not going to make every area you want to do stuff in without PvP conflict sanctuary areas just because you don't like that you can be engaged in PVP combat on a *GASP* PvP Server!

- - - Updated - - -

You cant just decide on a whim that the PvP is no longer "good". Its a server rule. All players, ALL PLAYERS on those servers have to abide by the same rules. Period. You are not wronged in any way by this because everyone has to play by the same rules.

Just because you don't like certain game mechanics or the way gear inflates, or "unfair" (which really isn't unfairness, its just you not being good at open world PvP and because you aren't you think its unfair), or multi-server zoning, blah blah blah, just because you dont like those things, doesn't mean that Blizzard should change the rules to coddle to your sense of entitlement.

What, you think your ganking affected 99% of people? That's some real delusions of grandeur right there.
    Not my personal ganking, ganking that was similar to mine. 99% of all ganked, yes. No delusions of grandeur.

I said why I think the number is this high already - it takes a hundred of you to equal the effect of one me, with you doing it for far longer (another factor of 3-4 right here) and there are more people who are doing it like I was doing than like you (another multiplicative factor).

You wouldn't believe how high the number of these kills could climb. I've seen 700k. On a single char. Try matching that with your rate of fair fights. It will take an entire server of guys like you to match a single guy.

Not my personal ganking, ganking that was similar to mine. 99% of all ganked, yes. No delusions of grandeur.

I said why I think the number is this high already - it takes a hundred of you to equal the effect of one me, with you doing it for far longer (another factor of 3-4 right here) and there are more people who are doing it like I was doing than like you (another multiplicative factor).

You wouldn't believe how high the number of these kills could climb. I've seen 700k. On a single char. Try matching that with your rate of fair fights. It will take an entire server of guys like you to match a single guy.
    This matters how, at all? This doesn't happen on PvE servers. That's where you should go if you're afraid of PvP.

Otherwise, you take the good with the bad. Either way, you weigh your options. Your "I killed so many more than you!" has no bearing whatsoever, even on your own argument.

You're literally asking for PvP servers to be removed, or to simply be PvE servers that has "PvP" in the name and nothing else. How you don't see how that's stupid is beyond me.

Not that it matters much, but you still haven't proven anything. A screenshot of an armory is far from proof. I wouldn't care if your argument was "people like these exist" but your argument is "people like ME exist, and even -I- think a toggle is a good idea".

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    So no actual argument you just want to call me a fanboy because I disagree with you right? Ok then when you want to have a discussion feel free to PM me.
    What argument are you looking for? I just explained why I think your acting like a fanboy and you keep saying it's because you disagree with me. I'm not sure if you just lack the intelligence to understand my general ideas or if your being a dumb dumb on purpose.

A blizzard fanboy will immediately come to the defense of Blizzard and blame the player for the problem, even when the game (and Blizzard) has obvious problems. That is exactly what you did.

If your not a fanboy, then you can easily accept that world PvP has some obvious flaws and we should be holding Blizzard responsible for them, not the players. What's so hard to understand about that? So, explain to us your views on this topic, without immediately putting all the blame on the player. Or do you just believe world PvP is perfect, no reason to complain? I dare you to embarrass yourself a third time with this "I'm a fanboy because I disagree" nonsense.

This matters how, at all? This doesn't happen on PvE servers. That's where you should go if you're afraid of PvP.

Otherwise, you take the good with the bad. Either way, you weigh your options. Your "I killed so many more than you!" has no bearing whatsoever, even on your own argument.

You're literally asking for PvP servers to be removed, or to simply be PvE servers that has "PvP" in the name and nothing else. How you don't see how that's stupid is beyond me.

Not that it matters much, but you still haven't proven anything. A screenshot of an armory is far from proof. I wouldn't care if your argument was "people like these exist" but your argument is "people like ME exist, and even -I- think a toggle is a good idea".
    That matters because, as I say:

...because the victims are being ganked in 99% of the cases completely unfairly and not "fairly" by guys like you. Numbers.

Your "world PVP" is 1% good and 99% bad. My "I killed many more than you" is directly relevant.

The end. I don't think I will hear anything interesting from you, so I am ending this. GG GL HF

That matters because, as I say:

...because the victims are being ganked in 99% of the cases completely unfairly and not "fairly" by guys like you. Numbers.

The end. I don't think I will hear anything interesting from you, so I am ending this. GG GL HF
    Oh wow, instant dodge.

Numbers don't matter, this is how it is. What I see as world PvP was just a sidenote that you decided to double down on for some reason.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well, this Horde vs Alliance doesn't make sense since the end of TBC and Blizzard still pushes it because "mah world peeveepeeeeee" and I doubt it will change. Most people actually avoid it in questing zones and it does create inconviniences like bodyguards aggroing making it impossible to mount etc. It's a dead experience but everyone clings to it because of nostalgia.

Quote Originally Posted by coprax View Post
    In my region top 30 the vast majority of guilds is on a pvp realm. and not every guild of them is looking for the class/role you play.
    If your are just looking for any casual guild that is no problem I agree.
    Still doesn't take away from the fact that it's a choice. Nobody's forced to do anything, and if playing in a top 30 guild comes at the cost of having to be on a PVP server, I'd say it's a small price to pay.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lilija View Post
    Well, this Horde vs Alliance doesn't make sense since the end of TBC and Blizzard still pushes it because "mah world peeveepeeeeee" and I doubt it will change. Most people actually avoid it in questing zones and it does create inconviniences like bodyguards aggroing making it impossible to mount etc. It's a dead experience but everyone clings to it because of nostalgia.
    So WPVP "is dead", yet people do nothing but bitch and whine that there's not enough WPVP incentives...?
    Or you can go play some MMORPG where there's only 1 faction I suppose.

The Horde VS Alliance makes perfect sense, L2 follow the story perhaps?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    I simply don't want to PvP. You can do it all you want but I don't want it! How is this hard to understand?
    If that would be true you wouldnt be on a pvp server....