Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Challenge artifact skin (Defeat all dungeons)

What is the requirement exactly? I killed every dungeon boss and it still hasn't unlocked, is this including raid bosses too? I am confused cause the tooltip is vague.

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    You have to have to first complete the challenge for your artifact appearance. This will unlock the first skin, then the other appearances will unlock for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    What is the requirement exactly? I killed every dungeon boss and it still hasn't unlocked, is this including raid bosses too? I am confused cause the tooltip is vague.
    You have to do every single boss in VH. I assume this is where you are missing kills.

i'm aware of this. I have completed the challenge scenario and have the first skin, because it requires you to be wearing it while killing dungeon bosses to even unlock the 4th skin. But i've killed all dungeon bosses, and nothing. Is it bugged? or am I missing something

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by EzG View Post
    You have to do every single boss in VH. I assume this is where you are missing kills.
    oh what the fuck? Isn't it on a rotation weekly? That is retarded

Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    i'm aware of this. I have completed the challenge scenario and have the first skin, because it requires you to be wearing it while killing dungeon bosses to even unlock the 4th skin. But i've killed all dungeon bosses, and nothing. Is it bugged? or am I missing something

- - - Updated - - -

oh what the fuck? Isn't it on a rotation weekly? That is retarded
    Welcome to wow newfriend, where everything is hidden behind magical time gates

Heroic isn't a weekly rotation i dont think, not sure if the requirements for that skin can be completed on heroic though as i haven't unlocked my skin yet.

Quote Originally Posted by analmoose View Post
    Welcome to wow newfriend, where everything is hidden behind magical time gates
    I feel like it was an oversight, but knowing Blizzard it probably is more gating.

the bosses on heroic are still random, so you can get it done by spamming that if you're so inclined

personally I'm in no big hurry

2 last bosses in vh. get it by spamming normal

Quote Originally Posted by hasslehoof View Post
    thank you /10char

Bigger question is: does anyone have a macro to check it out or any other way to check? Because I Switch a lot between dps and heal I didn't keep track what I already did on which spec.

Quote Originally Posted by hasslehoof View Post
    i ran VH exactly once and got the appearance, you dont need both. this just isnt true

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by miDnight77 View Post
    Bigger question is: does anyone have a macro to check it out or any other way to check? Because I Switch a lot between dps and heal I didn't keep track what I already did on which spec.
    Unlike the previous hidden skin that you could track with a macro early on, challenge skins currently do not have a way to far as I've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Srtteddy View Post
    i ran VH exactly once and got the appearance, you dont need both. this just isnt true
    except it was several weeks ago when I did it, because I specifically remember having to queue to get the fel lord boss before I got the skin.

Nightbane, surprised no one said it.

Curious why they wouldn't just make it "do every dungeon". Why the hell would they make every single boss be a separate trigger?
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by waleedbt View Post
    Nightbane, surprised no one said it.
    wait what you need to do nightbane as well ?
    I thought its only the end bosses of dungeons ?

You only need to clear VH once; you don't need to kill every boss or even both end bosses. You do have to clear Cathedral and Kara. I'm not sure if you need to kill Nightbane; I do every time we clear it anyways.

I have the recolor unlocked for all 3 of my specs (you have to do them individually), and I did not have to spam VH on heroic / normal. I just played each spec for our weekly vanilla mythic dungeon clears over 3 weeks.

Lots of false information in this thread. You don't need to kill all VH bosses, you just need to do it once. You don't need Nightbane or lower Karazhan for that matter, just Upper Karazhan is enough. You do need to do Cathedral.

I am a paladin with the healer and dps weapons. In both cases i just did every hc ONCE (including violet hold, i didnt need to kill all bosses, just that dungeon once per weapon). Make sure you get full runs ( i think non-final bosses count) and write a list, it is very easy to skip one and get confused on what you did and what you didnt. Just run every instance one with the weapon equipped and you will be ok, it worked two times for me.