Thread: Invasions

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Why not atleast give 75rep per legion invasion wq completed? jesus blizz..

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Done the Valsharah EU invasion on 2 characters, now the time is up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny McCormick View Post
    Those are from mage tower challenges , do you live under a rock?
    no, not those, the invasion weapon drops. Are you stupid?
    And, it was found out, they only come from the last boss from said invasions.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

I had no idea what was going on or how the invasion works

I was in val'sharah and after killing some demons (it showed as a WQ with AP reward) it said i completed 1/4 invasions.
    The quest that i gotten in broken shore isnt completed either (im not in a raid/party).

after that initial WQ there weren't others.
    Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm".
    And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."
    Noctus <Darkblade>

So came to give some updates for those curious. There is a second invasion for US in Val. It is after the reset but Khadgar does not give the question again which leads me to believe the 1500 for invasion is either a weekly or a one time thing. I'm going to wait for a bit to see if the blues post anything before doing this invasion but it looks more and more likely that after you do them for the achievement there is no point in doing them ever again.

Signature Created by Jassinta

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    I'm going to wait for a bit to see if the blues post anything before doing this invasion but it looks more and more likely that after you do them for the achievement there is no point in doing them ever again.
    Gear, dauntless token, nether shards, and with AK 26 a 780k AP item. Yep no point. Just like a lot of stuff has no point but is still done.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Gear, dauntless token, nether shards, and with AK 26 a 780k AP item. Yep no point. Just like a lot of stuff has no point but is still done.
    The gear was 850 for me and I am 894 ilevel so not helpful. Dauntless tokens are again 850 gear. Nether shards yes, you do get a fair bit from the WQ's but that's about it. And the 780k AP item takes at least 30+ minutes to get and can be gotten much easier by doing say one heroic, or class hall stuff or two WQs.

Anything invasions offer can easily be gotten at another place faster with the exception of nether shards.

15+ Year Old Account
    The gear was 850 for me and I am 894 ilevel so not helpful. Dauntless tokens are again 850 gear. Nether shards yes, you do get a fair bit from the WQ's but that's about it. And the 780k AP item takes at least 30+ minutes to get and can be gotten much easier by doing say one heroic, or class hall stuff or two WQs.
    The AP token reward from one random Heroic is as big as the one you get from the final quest. The final boss drops one that is larger. Regardless of your marginalizing the rewards there still is a point to do invasions after you get the achievement. There won't be a point for all but that is what makes content optional rather then required. You don't have to do it if you don't want to, but that is far from having no point.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

So came to give some updates for those curious. There is a second invasion for US in Val. It is after the reset but Khadgar does not give the question again which leads me to believe the 1500 for invasion is either a weekly or a one time thing. I'm going to wait for a bit to see if the blues post anything before doing this invasion but it looks more and more likely that after you do them for the achievement there is no point in doing them ever again.
    Yeah, invasion rep is a one time thing. No Legionfall rep outside of that. Next quest that gives 1500 will be next Tuesday with the Legionfall followers, likely that's when many people will get their flying going.

Buggy as fuck!

Azsuna yesterday was a buggy headache.

Val'shara today even worse. Completed scenario (have loot) get prompt to jump off ship, I do & gryphon catches me, go to turn in and all 3 of us dont have credit for boss. we decide to go back to jarod and re-que, but you cant, because you RP fly up there on a gyphon there is no way to get back. OK ... so we decided to abandon and restart. Well now you cant restart because there is no guy in lolarthil ... and you need to do 4 WQ to make him spawn, and there is only 3 more up ...

I can't even re do the invasion from step 1 at this point. and the ticket times are 1.5 days lol

how does stuff like this go live?

They shoulda added a Suramar invasion, though that could be due to the massive phasing in that area.
    They should also replace the pet battle tamers to legion ones, in invaded zones.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Deleted
    how do you know when the invasions are up?

Quote Originally Posted by iolar View Post
    Go to work/school or other day-time commitment. That's when they're up. #NotSalty
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Go to work/school or other day-time commitment. That's when they're up. #NotSalty
    not very helpful

Quote Originally Posted by iolar View Post
    There's a big green icon on the map. It is literally impossible to miss.

Quote Originally Posted by drbatman View Post
    Buggy as fuck!

Azsuna yesterday was a buggy headache.

Val'shara today even worse. Completed scenario (have loot) get prompt to jump off ship, I do & gryphon catches me, go to turn in and all 3 of us dont have credit for boss. we decide to go back to jarod and re-que, but you cant, because you RP fly up there on a gyphon there is no way to get back. OK ... so we decided to abandon and restart. Well now you cant restart because there is no guy in lolarthil ... and you need to do 4 WQ to make him spawn, and there is only 3 more up ...

I can't even re do the invasion from step 1 at this point. and the ticket times are 1.5 days lol

how does stuff like this go live?
    This happened with my group too - even without it breaking the way it did, not having a legitimate way to get back up is poor design. Thankfully, in our group, we had a mage take his order hall port to Val'sharah and glide down. Not sure if there's any other workaround

Apparentely you can use Aviana to glide to Jarod

see how much fun everyone is having with this clever terrain-based puzzle, imagine you could just fly to the quest giver, how boring would that be

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Ill be home just in time for the Vala one to have ended. #GettinSalty

New tweet from Ion. Sadly no additional news, not sure why they're being so vague. And no news on rep. But if it's 4 zones every 3 days and we got one yesterday it stands to reason that there will be a second invasion for the US tonight when we're asleep. Yay!

Ion Hazzikostas‏ @WatcherDev
    Replying to @thePeoplesFeral @UnderworldSoup @WarcraftDevs

The entire cycle is 4 zones every 3 days, repeating forever. If you miss something today, it'll be back in a couple of days