https://twitter.com/bioware/status/849671752192077828

Welp, at least that awkward sequence about her "old self" should hopefully be replaced by something that's a bit less cringey. Probably one of the less important bits to focus on given the other issues, but glad that's getting addressed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://twitter.com/bioware/status/849671752192077828

Welp, at least that awkward sequence about her "old self" should hopefully be replaced by something that's a bit less cringey. Probably one of the less important bits to focus on given the other issues, but glad that's getting addressed.
    who the fuck is he/she? i don´t remember. and i don´t know, but don´t they have other more important issues to solve? wtf is wrong with them

Quote Originally Posted by despotar View Post
    who the fuck is he/she? i don´t remember. and i don´t know, but don´t they have other more important issues to solve? wtf is wrong with them
    One of the side NPC's you can talk with, apparently.

And yes they do, but the fact that they're at least acknowledging how poorly written this sequence was is good. Shouldn't take too long to bring the voice actress back in with some dialogue that isn't painful to read/listen to. I don't see any issue with them tackling smaller issues like this alongside the bigger stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bioware has been cultivating an image of a progressive company that includes all people no matter what ethnicity, sexual orientation, etc...They make a point to include variety in their games because they have chosen to make it a priority for their company image. When they get called out for doing it poorly, they have to react quickly otherwise it tarnishes the image they are going for.
    SWTOR Friend Referral Code: http://www.swtor.com/r/kg3Sch

Deleted
    do you know where he/she is?
    it´s funny because they apologize for this but they ignore the really big problems.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    Bioware has been cultivating an image of a progressive company that includes all people no matter what ethnicity, sexual orientation, etc...They make a point to include variety in their games because they have chosen to make it a priority for their company image. When they get called out for doing it poorly, they have to react quickly otherwise it tarnishes the image they are going for.
    yeah but they destroy the game for many other people. who give a shit about sjw

i mean, its just a game

15+ Year Old Account
    do you know where he/she is?
    it´s funny because they apologize for this but they ignore the really big problems.
    She's in Eos after you make the outpost. In one of the buildings across from the Mayor iirc.

Such as? They've acknowledged a host of issues and have announced both their short term improvements (coming tomorrow) as well as what they plan to work on improving over the next few months. It covers most of the most problematic areas that have received the most criticism so far, so it's not like they're ignoring shit.

yeah but they destroy the game for many other people. who give a shit about sjw

i mean, its just a game
    It's not a "SJW" thing, it's a "being decent people" thing. They handled this poorly, they got called on it, they acknowledged they screwed up and want to make amends. That's like, the exact sequence of events that should happen when a developer attempts to include a diverse character but misses the mark.

If anything, this shouldn't bother those who get upset by evil "SJW's", it should actually make them happy. Because the awkward, force, cringey way in which this character is currently handled, a way that smacks of tokenism, is being addressed to try to integrate this characters identity/personality in a more natural fashion.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2017-04-05 at 08:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    My issue with open worlds, and especially with mass effect's because it's a whole planet like that, is that there is no diversity in the actual areas themselves, you have to go to a different area to see different scenery... I don't like that, I feel it's bad design, why are there no earth-like planets, with part of a zone being a jungle, another part being a huge ocean with islands on it, then you move on you get some mountains... nope, it's either a huge desert, a huge jungle, a huge frozen planet... BORING. Also, did we really need 2 desert planets?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Good to know. I only just got a new computer in August and it's not failed to run anything yet. Is there a benchmarch test I can run before I buy the game?

EDIT: Hmm, apparently I'm a little shy on RAM for the reccomended settings...
    You can run the game just fine on 8gb if you don't have anything running in the background, the game itself takes around 5gb of RAM...
    Last edited by Skorpionss; 2017-04-05 at 08:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Such as? They've acknowledged a host of issues and have announced both their short term improvements (coming tomorrow) as well as what they plan to work on improving over the next few months. It covers most of the most problematic areas that have received the most criticism so far, so it's not like they're ignoring shit.

It's not a "SJW" thing, it's a "being decent people" thing. They handled this poorly, they got called on it, they acknowledged they screwed up and want to make amends. That's like, the exact sequence of events that should happen when a developer attempts to include a diverse character but misses the mark.

If anything, this shouldn't bother those who get upset by evil "SJW's", it should actually make them happy. Because the awkward, force, cringey way in which this character is currently handled, a way that smacks of tokenism, is being addressed to try to integrate this characters identity/personality in a more natural fashion.
    Well said.

@despotar: its kind of dumb to say they're ignoring the game's big problems when they just, you know, published a blog outlining their plans to fix/improve stuff. The first patch arrives tomorrow, which proves it isn't just talk.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    My issue with open worlds, and especially with mass effect's because it's a whole planet like that, is that there is no diversity in the actual areas themselves, you have to go to a different area to see different scenery... I don't like that, I feel it's bad design, why are there no earth-like planets, with part of a zone being a jungle, another part being a huge ocean with islands on it, then you move on you get some mountains... nope, it's either a huge desert, a huge jungle, a huge frozen planet... BORING. Also, did we really need 2 desert planets?
    Thats an issue with sci-fi in general. Most planets have 1 and only 1 biome. Doesn't matter how big or small the planet might be.

In this game's defense, the planets have just been terraformed after being virtually inhospitiable. It would make sense for the desert planet, not Eos, to be a complete desert because it doesn't even experience nighttime. Actually there all are somewhat explained even if those explanations might be weak. I think Aya (the Angaran home world) is supposed to be somewhat diverse.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    She's in Eos after you make the outpost. In one of the buildings across from the Mayor iirc.
    I talked to her, and must have not being paying attention because I totally missed the bit where she says she was "Stephen" in the Milky Way.

Wasn't even until someone complained on these forums about her that I became aware. Meh. One side NPC who has barely a presence in the game is meaningless.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, did we really need 2 desert planets?
    Yeah that annoyed me a bit. Was so excited to get to Elaadan only to hit the ground and be in another desert.

Was like "great, I'm back in Kuwait."

Even the temperature was Kuwait's. A blistering 130? Yep.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    One side NPC who has barely a presence in the game is meaningless.
    Yep. This is the duality of the problem.

On the one hand, yes, the way she was handled was VERY tasteless and unsubtle. No transgender person would EVER introduce themselves with their "dead name" (The name given to an individual at birth that is often discarded upon transitioning) before their real name.

But on the other hand, this happens with an extremely insignificant minor NPC hidden on the ass end of nowhere that you literally have to dig your way through both in location and conversation to even see. Hanley has absolutely zero relevance to the story, the plot, everything. She's not like Krem in Inquisition who was also trans, but was also a quasi-somewhat-important NPC as he was the second-hand man of the Iron Bull. Nope, Hanley is just a random yahoo on Eos, who gives you a very minor side-side quest.

While I am glad that they're addressing the screwup in her dialog, I'm also glad that she's NOT a priority, as there's a lot of other much more important shit broken in the game that needs to be addressed far quicker than a super minor NPC with a poorly written dialog.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

15+ Year Old Account
    I talked to her, and must have not being paying attention because I totally missed the bit where she says she was "Stephen" in the Milky Way.

Wasn't even until someone complained on these forums about her that I became aware. Meh. One side NPC who has barely a presence in the game is meaningless.
    She only tells you about it if you ask her about her story/why she came to Andromeda, otherwise you wouldn't know.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    Yep. This is the duality of the problem.

On the one hand, yes, the way she was handled was VERY tasteless and unsubtle. No transgender person would EVER introduce themselves with their "dead name" (The name given to an individual at birth that is often discarded upon transitioning) before their real name.

But on the other hand, this happens with an extremely insignificant minor NPC hidden on the ass end of nowhere that you literally have to dig your way through both in location and conversation to even see. Hanley has absolutely zero relevance to the story, the plot, everything. She's not like Krem in Inquisition who was also trans, but was also a quasi-somewhat-important NPC as he was the second-hand man of the Iron Bull. Nope, Hanley is just a random yahoo on Eos, who gives you a very minor side-side quest.

While I am glad that they're addressing the screwup in her dialog, I'm also glad that she's NOT a priority, as there's a lot of other much more important shit broken in the game that needs to be addressed far quicker than a super minor NPC with a poorly written dialog.
    All I cared about her was that she gave me the "go use the hammers, fight the Remnant Architect". I already knew the controversy and even still missed the dialogue.

At least Bioware is dealing with the problem nicely, but it shouldn't explode like it did.

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Thats an issue with sci-fi in general. Most planets have 1 and only 1 biome. Doesn't matter how big or small the planet might be.

In this game's defense, the planets have just been terraformed after being virtually inhospitiable. It would make sense for the desert planet, not Eos, to be a complete desert because it doesn't even experience nighttime. Actually there all are somewhat explained even if those explanations might be weak. I think Aya (the Angaran home world) is supposed to be somewhat diverse.
    Aya seems to be half tropical paradise and half volcanic wasteland. It's also supposed to be very small, so small that only a portion of the Angara can live on it. So I guess having two biomes makes some sense.

I know the single biome planet is a cherished Sci-fi trope, but I too would have liked to see a bit more variety. At least Eos has been lakes and hills on top of being a desert, so there's that at least. They could have dumped Elaaden's sandy dunes on Eos and made up a more interesting terrain for that planet. 2 deserts gets old.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt0193 View Post
    I've noticed that happening since I hit Level 6 items, I'd assumed that the boxes only worked up to 5 and I wasn't getting them because of that. Could be that it bugged for me at the same time and I'm wrong.
    Update - I've just hit Level 9 items (71+) and it's started rewarding me with loot from the Strike Teams again. Did this happen to anyone else?

Edit - And the vendors have updated again as well when before they had nothing. There's definitely got to be something up with the loot between Level's 6 and 9.
    Last edited by Matt0193; 2017-04-05 at 09:43 PM.

Anyone else feels like assault rifles are kind of useless (at least in multiplayer)?

I've been playing as Turian Soldier, which has some good passives for accuracy/stability/ammo, and Turbocharge. But I feel like it's not worth it. I'm doing shit damage to anything with armor unless I'm using Turbocharge and 1-2 clips. I have to play him with 2 assault rifles, otherwise I would constantly have to run towards ammo boxes.

To compare, with shotguns I always do good damage, even without any investment in weapon damage. And I think that since I've got Vanquisher sniper, any assault rifle for long range sustained dps is a waste of time.

Single shot rifles (like mattock) are abysmal. Only way mattock would work is if they gave it max-level carnifex pistol damage.

That being said, I don't have Sweeper in multiplayer yet, and Sweeper in singleplayer with big clip size and a ton of stability/fire rate is actually good.
    Last edited by Archon14; 2017-04-05 at 09:51 PM.

Yeah that annoyed me a bit. Was so excited to get to Elaadan only to hit the ground and be in another desert.

Was like "great, I'm back in Kuwait."

Even the temperature was Kuwait's. A blistering 130? Yep.
    ...how many desert planets are there? Please say it's not like DA:I where we get like, 2-3 desert zones. I HATE desert zones with a passion.

15+ Year Old Account
    ...how many desert planets are there? Please say it's not like DA:I where we get like, 2-3 desert zones. I HATE desert zones with a passion.
    There's 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    There's 2.
    DAMNIT ALL BIOWARE! I GET DESERTS ARE EASY TO MAKE BUT THEY'RE FUCKING AWFUL. STOP IT!

Gah, that annoys me. Deserts are my personal "sewer level" -______-