Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tripl3x View Post
    You would think so, but it's actually the opposite apparently per their patch notes:

"Assaults won’t be under way at all times. Once you’ve repelled the Legion Assault from the Broken Isles, it will take the Burning Legion some time to lick their wounds, regroup, and reinforce their troops before they return to try try again. Each Assault will be available for a relatively short period and with the Legion taking a little longer before they reemerge."
    Oooh. How "exciting".

I can say lack of consistency via RNG is not what blizzard thinks it is in this game. It frustrates players far more than it engages them.

I think this event will be fine. It's just another headache like the rotating world bosses in early legion and rotating profession traders in wod. After a few weeks everyone will get what they need and then stop caring about this part of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Believe it or not, not everyone has 880+ in every slot either so its also gear, not just "extremely small chance at legendary"
    Believe it or not, there's way easier and faster ways to get that gear. You'll spend your time much better running m0-m4's and getting the AP with the gear than the speed you will acquire Nethershards to gear out 16 slots.
    Maybe if you play straight solo play and have no friends or guild members at all willing to run these things with you, Nethershards seem like a good idea, but as pointed out, if these happen twice a day, you get 2500 shards, so it takes 2 days for 1 piece of gear that might not even be good for you (stats on rings/necks anyone?).
    Hell, you would get more shards in a portal farming group with much less effort than the invasion event.
    But I digress, if you can't be bothered to look for or make a group to do something other than invasions, please feel free to be upset that 1 happens at a time of the day you can't log on for.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by davesurfer View Post
    Well this is a bit more info

From Watcher twitter:

Ion Hazzikostas‏ @WatcherDev 31m31 minutes ago
    Replying to @thePeoplesFeral @UnderworldSoup @WarcraftDevs

The entire cycle is 4 zones every 3 days, repeating forever. If you miss something today, it'll be back in a couple of days.
    Gotta wake up early in weekends to get the 4 a.m. - 10 a.m. one.

Edit : or sleep late

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    yeah since i learned that i posted that I withdraw my complaints
    Except 2 days down and both during normal work hours.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    God you people are sad. They'll keep happening as the days go by. You'll get your chance.
    Would you say the same if you entered a dungeon or raid and got an error saying, "sorry instance only good from 10-4 try again later, but I can't tell you when"

It has been 2 days and both during normal working hours.
    "Peace is a lie"

not even working anyway, a lot of people not getting credit

Quote Originally Posted by xcess View Post
    not even working anyway, a lot of people not getting credit
    got credit just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by davesurfer View Post
    Except 2 days down and both during normal work hours.

- - - Updated - - -

Would you say the same if you entered a dungeon or raid and got an error saying, "sorry instance only good from 10-4 try again later, but I can't tell you when"

It has been 2 days and both during normal working hours.
    Ah yes, extreme examples. How classy.

The hours will change as they happen. If you can't get them during normal working hours, then weekends are your days.

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    It's already been 6 months.
    so whats another week or two? tops.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I don't get why they try to overcomplicate this so much. Just make invasions 24 hours long: first day=first zone -> second zone -> 3 -> 4 -> no invasion day -> start cycle again.

really amateur mistake for a company like blizzard. some one should get fired

Deleted
    Going by someone who posted potential timers on reddit..
    I bolded timers that are un-favorable for people who work or go to school. Unless you stay awake to midnight, most of these are plain "nopes"

So, extrapolating: (US realms, EST cuz that's where I am)

Azsuna: Tuesday 5pm-11pm

Val'Sharah: Wednesday 11am-5pm

Highmountain*: Thursday 5am-11am

Stormheim: Thursday 11pm-Friday 11am

Azsuna: Friday 5pm-11pm

Val'Sharah: Saturday 11am-5pm (if you work on saturday)

Highmountain: Sunday 5am-11am (if you work on sunday)

Stormheim: Sunday 11pm-Monday 11am

Azsuna: Monday 5pm-11pm

Val'Sharah: Tuesday 11am-5pm

Highmountain: Wednesday 5am-11am

Stormheim: Wednesday 11pm-Thursday 11am

*I'm assuming we just go in a west-east direction, but Highmountain/Stormheim could be swapped in the cycle.
    So basically Highmountain is possible for heck long time on 5am - 11am cycle. Better wake up at 5 or 6 am folks if you want that achievement for flying, lmao.

Hell, even most people who dont work cant really stay up at night after 11 pm lol.

It would've been fine if it wasnt attached to flying. This is just big middle-finger right now. Seriously, who thought these times were ok ;s
    Last edited by mmocd6ad878d9b; 2017-04-05 at 09:10 PM.

You gotta be kidding with this 11-5 shit. this is a joke right?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adoxum View Post
    They said that there should be more than one assault happening daily, don't worry if you miss the first one.
    Nope. It's ATLEAST 1 assault a day, it could very well be the only one which is the whole problem here

Don't you see. this was the Legion's grand strategy. Attack while everyone is distracted! The Legion is now using guerrilla tactics and hitting while the heroes are "asleep" and then leaving before they can retaliate.

Brilliant!

Deleted
    Meybe they set those hours on purpose, when majority of people are in the school/work, to not let them earn flying asap

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    You gotta be kidding with this 11-5 shit. this is a joke right?
    If only...

Has there been any assault in EU yet? Since I got home from work I haven't seen any
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubalazi View Post
    There's assault that changes every 6hours or so?
    No, it appears randomly and there isn't a guarantee if one ends another begins. If it was a constant assault, it'd be one thing. But as far as I can tell, only Azsuna and Valshara have been attacked at 12 PM PST April 4th and 8 AM PST April 5th respectively in North America. (Times are not exact, but roughly when they started.)

Granted, it's just two invasions, but those times really only benefit people with days off or people that don't have to work for a living.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

I have a feeling its going to be similar to the Pre-Cataclysm elemental invasions. Everyone was getting upset in the beginning because they were missing invasion points for some zones to complete the Achievement. But then invasions ramped up a LOT more as the launch day closed in, and it was impossible for anyone to miss completing the achievement. It's week one of invasions, they're going to last at least all the way to 7.3. I'm sure they're going to ramp up much more. People just need to be patient, and this coming from someone extremely upset about the gating of 7.2 content.

Quote Originally Posted by mber341 View Post
    I have a feeling its going to be similar to the Pre-Cataclysm elemental invasions. Everyone was getting upset in the beginning because they were missing invasion points for some zones to complete the Achievement. But then invasions ramped up a LOT more as the launch day closed in, and it was impossible for anyone to miss completing the achievement. It's week one of invasions, they're going to last at least all the way to 7.3. I'm sure they're going to ramp up much more. People just need to be patient, and this coming from someone extremely upset about the gating of 7.2 content.
    People have been waiting for months to be able to fly. They've been patient enough.