Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaOut View Post
    Problem is when nothing is out of reach financially, most people lose sight of any goals in life.
    And that's how we get Slaanesh.

Do people want us to get Slaanesh?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    Can I please slap you upside the head? I had no money yesterday and was miserable. Today I had 25 dollars and I have a new outlook and positive attitude on life now.

Do people actually believe this bullshit saying?
    https://www.simplypsychology.org/maslow.html

Money only gets you so far on the Pyramid. You may get all of the basic needs covered by money.

Tier 2 and Tier 1 both take more than Money. Money sure can help assist... but does not get you the distance.

Money cannot buy you actual love, it can buy you hookers, but for people to actually care about you as a person, that takes more than money.

Esteem and Accomplishment might be supplemented by money, but is never fully satisfied by money.

True self actualization cannot be achieved with money at all. It takes something deeper, and more personal. You truly need to achieve your highest potential. to achieve that. Money might set you on a path, but that takes 100% personal effort.

People with absolutely no money could achieve all of that. So Money itself is maybe at best the lubricant that helps the machine run, but is not the source of happiness.
    We think we climb so high, Upon the backs we've condemned ...We face our Conϛequence.

10+ Year Old Account
    It only buys you temporary happiness. You are not truly happy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Just look at Charlie Sheen, hookers and blow and he's STILL not happy..

No really though, money does make people pretty happy.. but it's people that don't have a lot of money that are the happiest.

Most people that were always rich etc, of course money doesn't make them happy: they don't know what it's like to be poor lol

Let's put it this way; have you ever seen someone crying on a jet ski?

Deleted
    money can buy a semblance of happiness, but true bliss is beyond the reach of the material

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Njorun View Post
    I have more than enough money, I'm not happy.
    Buy some better friends and masturbatory aids, if you have so much money.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Can I please slap you upside the head? I had no money yesterday and was miserable. Today I had 25 dollars and I have a new outlook and positive attitude on life now.

Do people actually believe this bullshit saying?
    I do not. Money does buy happiness it's just that humans are stupid morons and have no direction in life and so they just get tangled in their own webs. It's sad.
    with a few million dollars I can bring pure hell on earth and maybe kill around 3/4th of humans and start a whole new empire of new humans and fix a ton of things and start pure Heaven.
    And not to forget destroy all art, music, politics, religions, cultures, drugs, companies and governments, etc.

But I am a poor man as I was born to be...
    Last edited by omfgreally; 2017-04-05 at 09:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Piwoot View Post
    No single person is truly happy. Money is the only real way to barter for happiness.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    Just look at Charlie Sheen, hookers and blow and he's STILL not happy..
    Probably because he contracted HIV.

Money doesn't buy happiness...it buys distraction to keep you from thinking about whether or not you are actually happy.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

sure it buys happiness.. it may however not solve all your problems.

thing is i'd rather be a rich sad person than a poor sad person.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Piwoot View Post
    I don't know, man. If I was able to afford buying temporal happiness for the rest of my life, that would make my whole life happy, no?

My guess would be that money can buy happiness, but it doesn't guarantee it. That second part depends on you. Some people can never be satisfied.

Studies show that money only buys happiness up to the point where you don't have to worry about your basic needs being met. Those in poverty and those without tend to be less happy.

But once you reach the threshold of having enough money to know your needs are met, having extra money to buy the "wants" doesn't increase happiness, doesn't impact depression rates, and doesn't impact suicide rates.

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    so much delusional bullshit in this thread. Some get it, some don't. :shrug:

so much delusional bullshit in this thread. Some get it, some don't. :shrug:
    Says the guy that thinks happiness comes from beer and cigarettes.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Archon14 View Post
    I don't know, man. If I was able to afford buying temporal happiness for the rest of my life, that would make my whole life happy, no?

My guess would be that money can buy happiness, but it doesn't guarantee it. That second part depends on you. Some people can never be satisfied.
    People who try that are the ones who get strung out going on benders (drugs & alcohol). The "stuff" gives you temporary happiness, but it doesn't last as you realize the lack of the thing wasn't what was causing you to be unhappy. Most folks still don't get it though and figure they just need bigger stuff, but that doesn't help either. Charlie Sheen has been mentioned, and is a good example of someone trying to continually maintain temporal happiness. He looked near death before he got help.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    No it comes from the 25 dollars to buy those items.

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    says the guy that lived on potatoes for months and used mustard on spaghetti as a sauce. I think I know what i'm talking about.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is a soft cap to the amount of happiness per dollar earned much like a diminishing return. Last I checked this was around 110k per year salary.