Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I don't really understand that, I mean, I have 2/3 of my challenge appearances already on my main and lemme tell you, that shit is going to be something I do on my LFR geared alts before legion ends, so wheres the prestige in doing something that an end of expansion LFR geared alt will be able to do? I also think it's clinging a bit to past achievements, rather than saying "this thing isn't that big of a deal anymore because anyone can get it" you're inclined to rest on your laurels with the thing that was difficult to get 2 xpacs ago (such as the MoP challenge mode gear) and say "look how prestigious I am with this thing" rather than going out and getting the new prestigious thing.

Besides all of that though, it's grinds like old legendaries, transmogs, and mounts that blizzard relies on to help deal with content droughts such as in warlords and MoP, so it's not very smart of them to take out those grinds thus reducing the overall amount of content available in the game.

All in all, there's no real prestige to something that was prestigious an xpac or two ago because everyone's obsessed with the newest, shiniest, most prestigious thing rather than the thing that you could get on alts with relative ease right before the prepatch hit, and it takes away potential content for newer or returning players to do when a content drought does occur.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    What prestige exactly? And why you keep posting this denial when its already been clarified that all the appearences will be here past this expansion?

Even by analogy it would be like saying "you can't get mythic version of HFC anymore cause you werent there". Can't happen won't happen.

- - - Updated - - -

Not the version he has in mind.
    Got a source? Because I've been told by a few people the ones such as Balance of Power won't be.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    Transmog bro.
    Do you honestly believe that we will be able to transmog into them, or has this been confirmed?

Quote Originally Posted by Still Rampant Rabbit View Post
    Do you honestly believe that we will be able to transmog into them, or has this been confirmed?
    It's been confirmed that we can transmog. What they're deciding is whether people will be able to earn new skins to use in the transmog system after the expansion. We've had like four threads, including a 100 page one, on the forums in the past month with all the sources, including Ornyx posting that they haven't decided how they're handling things, but trying to make it sound like Balance of Power is prestigious (lol) and the equivalent of the cloak/ring (double lol).

It would be stupid to not have them, it's 864 skins that would be gone, 180 even if they "just" picked the 7.2 appearances and M+15 as "challenging" ones, it's an unprecedented removal and should not happen. I'm not going to go further into it though, because Jaylock is a total troll and not worth responding to, I just wanted to clear up some of the confusion other people in the thread are having.

Seriously, look for, "It's Just a Cosmetic Appearance..." parts 1-4 on General Discussion on the official forums. They've got all the info you need.

7+ Year Old Account
    You will still be able to go back and earn artifact appearances after Legion. However, the ones you have unlocked at the end of Legion will be the only ones you unlock for transmog. In the next expansion, earning artifact appearances won't unlock them for transmog.

The problem is that these skins are the only things representative of weapons of this expansion... So when I level an alt next expansion there will literally have only 1 model with 4 colors and that is it.

I got over the "awe" of virtual game loot "prestige" way back when I played Everquest and realized no one really cared about you having your "epic" class weapon after about twenty minutes of completing the quest. And while it was a lot of work to get, the only thing I get to keep now that I no longer play is my memories of spending time in the game.

So I say nothing should be removed if possible. Loot is exciting when you get it, and neat to show off, but prestigious? Hardly. In the end, the only person who really cares what you have is you.

Hope they will be unobtainable.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebyrd View Post
    We've had like four threads, including a 100 page one, on the forums in the past month with all the sources, including Ornyx posting that they haven't decided how they're handling things, but trying to make it sound like Balance of Power is prestigious (lol) and the equivalent of the cloak/ring (double lol).
    There's two issues with locking BoP: 1) It's not just one skin, it's 4, and the achievements for the other 3 have absolutely nothing to do with the BoP quest chain. The only other "prestigious" one would be the challenge mode skin, with Unleashed Monstrosities being arguably easy and Glory of the Legion Hero not comparatively difficult either. 2) Blizzard's refusal to make BoP account wide, meaning you have to complete it on every alt just to unlock the other skins, two of which I believe are account wide.

Plus, if they want an equivalent to the cloak/ring, which are individual items obtained through quest chains, then that should mean only locking the BoP specific appearance.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    There's two issues with locking BoP: 1) It's not just one skin, it's 4, and the achievements for the other 3 have absolutely nothing to do with the BoP quest chain. The only other "prestigious" one would be the challenge mode skin, with Unleashed Monstrosities being arguably easy and Glory of the Legion Hero not comparatively difficult either. 2) Blizzard's refusal to make BoP account wide, meaning you have to complete it on every alt just to unlock the other skins, two of which I believe are account wide.

Plus, if they want an equivalent to the cloak/ring, which are individual items obtained through quest chains, then that should mean only locking the BoP specific appearance.
    Well, yes. You'll notice I was mocking their attempt to make it sound like BoP is something special. There are issues with any of the skins being unobtainable. They should just all remain in, able to be obtained and mogged.

Believe me, I'm well aware of all of the issues with potentially removing the ability to transmog any of the skins (the 7.2. appearances being restricted, another frequent suggestion from the few people who think prestige is gained from a bunch of pixels, would also make all four tints for each spec unavailable, same problem as BoP). I just didn't want to go into huge detail on a troll thread.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    I think that unlocks-per-slot should be the way that they do it. So that if you were active in Legion, you have Legion artifact appearances, like it is for Legendary Cloaks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The One Percent View Post
    That's the pink version, the red Amani Warbear is from the original 10m raid version of ZA and unobtainable.
    This is correct, the Amani Warbear is unobtainable. Currently, the Amani Battlebear is what drops there now. They are different colors.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    If it will happen - it will be another F2P thing in B2P+P2P game. So called "limited time offer". Yeah, we had such things in the past. Legendaries? This was optional content for geeks only. It was just small participation bonus reward. And I want to remind you, that Artifacts aren't just participation bonus reward - they are core part of Legion's content! Removing them from game = removing major content from xpack, you've actually bought. I.e. F2P = Force2Pay. Remove old content to force players to rebuy it as new one. Implement some P2W thing, force players to buy it, then nerf it due to "balancing" issues, only to reimplement it again, but with new price tag.

Some players are casual and like to complete undone things, when xpack is already ended. Such as transmog runs to old raids. Some people here have already mentioned, that it's impossible to get all 36 artifacts in time. Again. Removing this content from game = removing content, you've actually bought.
    I agree the removing stuff like Wrathion and Garona questlines actually prunes lore from WOW, it's no fun having to scour books, comics and external websites because so much lore is already kept out of the game, and then on top of it, they remove some stuff so newer players will again only be able to read about it on some website. These quests were supposedly essential to the expansion narrative, having them cut is awkward, just because they don't want some people to get a now obsolete reward?

I have some unobtainable fluff (zulian tiger, benediction, shaman mop cm set, wod cm weapons, mop cloaks, tabard of argent dawn) and I really wouldn't feel either prestigious for having them or bad if others could still get them. Most of these "unobtainables" is stuffing my coffers and I rarely use them unless I really like them like the tiger or the phoenix mounts on characters where the colour of the mount matches the mog.

And yes, I kinda feel all that hype "hurry up get X before this xpac is over or you'll NEVER be able to get it again" is a marketing trick to keep people subbed during the worst drought periods which usually coincide with ends of xpacs. It's exactly the same as "limited time sale" that exists to lure customers into hasty purchases because gogogo the clock is ticking.

Quote Originally Posted by Still Rampant Rabbit View Post
    It was confirmed. And they said they were trying to find a way for it to work for guardians and ferals too. But weren't sure as of yet how to do it.

They should be removed. By the end of this expansion you'll have had ~2 years to get these things done. If you didn't manage it in that time, you frankly don't deserve anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    An alcoholic fighting his addiction is fighting a jihad.

This will absolutely happen. I think anyone who thinks it won't are actually delusion.

I have mixed feelings about it.

I like the thought of obtaining them through the expansion, and making them 'exclusive' after.

... but thinking about alts, or future chars, just having something like this unobtainable seems silly as fuck. In particular grindy ones like the Prestige 9 or 15 or whatever, since it would be a mammoth task to obtain all the ones you want this expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shrunken View Post
    They should be removed. By the end of this expansion you'll have had ~2 years to get these things done. If you didn't manage it in that time, you frankly don't deserve anything.
    Have you considered alts? rerolls? future chars?

10+ Year Old Account
    Didin't they already say they were going to remove access to them after the expansion? So you cant earn them anymore? Or is it in flux again?

I think they should be unobtainable, for the prestige. There is almost no feeling of achievement in this game anymore.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

They should, and they also said this is going to be the case.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    - they already said that you can obtain all artifact skins and their tints in the next expansion

- these so called "challenging skins" are a joke anyways, undertuned/overtuned/buggy (Shadow Priests can just S2M their way to glory without playing any mechanics)

- thats what you get if you rush your patch and dont test half of the content
    When and where did they say that? Last I heard, it was the complete opposite of what you've just stated...
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!