Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    the game was never intended for people that work.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benjen666 View Post
    A whole 45 hours per week? Wow. Does your part time job pay well, bud?
    What kind of slave hours are you working that a 45 hour work week is "part time"?
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by thomolithic View Post
    I need clarification first on how many invasions there actually will be per day.

If it's only one a day and they happen at this time, then FUCK YOU Blizzard. Why cater almost exclusively to the absolute lowest common denominator (Students and the unemployed).

If not, and they're on a 12 hourly rotation, fair enough. But still, getting only 50% of the potential rewards on offer when the real life slackers can get everything is shitty.
    Its an 18 hr rotation if rumors are to be believed, so its catering to no one. Its just a shitty timegate tactic to extend the time it takes to get flying.

I rarely agree with the arguments of casual plebs, but this is absolute insanity. If its one assault a day, then fine, make it last all day. I work nights and tomorrow morning, when I get home, rather than sleep, I will need to get online to do the Highmountain invasion. Think about that for a second. I am having to REORGANIZE my life so I can continue to play the game. I have never really been for either side of the flying argument, but this is WORSE than the WoD System, atleast we knew when we would unlock it based on reputations and various nonRNG factors.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Except, you as a consumer can only speculate what they are doing. For all we know next week the invasions ramp up to two a day or something. No one but Blizzard knows. Each week we get closer to busting through the Tomb of Sargeras so I wouldn't doubt seeing some kind of ramp up in the invasions like pre-expansion.
    From a design standpoint, it is great to be able to create something that can be tweaked and modified without breaking it. I get that more than a lot of people working in a world of coding where it is essential. I can also say that a large part of iteration is internal testing and feedback, which without you end up having a sloppy product that just frustrates the customer.

This expansion has been nonstop iteration on sloppily designed features that takes them weeks or months to get even remotely close to working order, of which a lot of that feedback could have come on the PTR if they actually cared to use it properly. I'm not just referring to this event management but also to the buggy world quests, raids, dungeons, scenarios and class issues that have persisted and continue to persist for extended periods of time while in testing, only to be brought live to servers bugs intact and everyone complaining. (Not to mention all the stealth changes they seem to be doing all this expansion)

They have done a ridiculously poor job of testing additions internally and on the PTR and a far worse job of communication those changes to the point where everything just comes off as rushed.

I don't think I'm alone when I say that ToV and NH could have been pushed back a month each and no one would have batted an eye. The same goes for the 7.2 patch, which in large was released earlier than I think anyone expected by at least a couple weeks considering the very limited time it was active on the PTR.

Now I'm sitting here waiting for 7.2.5 to be released, which honestly will come probably June (thats next month) and that is also something that will likely only see a week or two of testing before it's just plopped onto our laps.

This is just one more example throughout the expansion of how they add something that so many have no time to do, and it's already gotten old.

Quote Originally Posted by Selvarion View Post
    Its an 18 hr rotation if rumors are to be believed, so its catering to no one. Its just a shitty timegate tactic to extend the time it takes to get flying.
    Should be 12 hours. They stated all 4 invasions occur in 3 days. That is 72 hours. Minus 24 hours for invasions (4*6). That leaves us with 48 hours. Then we divide that by 4 (4 invasions spaced evenly apart) and we get 12 hours. By that estimate, the next invasion for the US starts at 5am and will last until 11am EST. And invasion 4 will occur at 11pm and last until 5am EST.

Signature Created by Jassinta

Quote Originally Posted by phillu View Post
    In that case there is no reason for it to be once per day (At least)
    For right now there is. We are just barely scratching Broken Shore so in their minds there is no need to ramp up their assault. As we get closer to busting through the Tomb then the more they'll ramp up their attacks (more assaults).

Also, it's a way for Blizzard to soft cap Nethershards in a sense because you get a huge chunk from the invasions alone.

Quote Originally Posted by chesder View Post
    Now I'm sitting here waiting for 7.2.5 to be released, which honestly will come probably June (thats next month) and that is also something that will likely only see a week or two of testing before it's just plopped onto our laps.
    Um....June is two months away, not next month :P

Um....June is two months away, not next month :P
    It's been a long day for me lol Still betting on them testing it for 2 weeks though.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's been said multiple times in this thread, so say it with me. The 1500 rep bonus is a 1 time thing for the quest. You don't get rep every invasion or anything else. You only get rep because of the quest you get from Broken Shore. You have from now to the end of time to get the 1500 rep so you won't ever miss out on it.
    If Rep isn't a main thing of these invasions then there is literally zero point to them only being up for such a small time, they should be a permanent constant rotating event.

Except, you as a consumer can only speculate what they are doing. For all we know next week the invasions ramp up to two a day or something. No one but Blizzard knows. Each week we get closer to busting through the Tomb of Sargeras so I wouldn't doubt seeing some kind of ramp up in the invasions like pre-expansion.
    According to their twitter the 4 zones are on a 3 day timer for the foreseeable future. So 4 6 hour invasions over a 3 day period.

Missed out on the invasion AGAIN!!

Oh blizz its almost like you dont want my money anymore!

Not hugely concerned I will get them done eventually. Its just a very weird choice by blizzard, there is no harm in giving greater access to each invasion by having more of them or longer time frames. I don't see any negative to setting it for a 12 hour time period, a strange choice to create content then restrict it uneccessarily.

I don't think the invasions are going to ramp up anytime soon if they are here to stay.

No one but Blizzard knows. Each week we get closer to busting through the Tomb of Sargeras so I wouldn't doubt seeing some kind of ramp up in the invasions like pre-expansion.
    That may be the case, but a bit of communication to that fact would certainly help. Not a big fan of missing two in a row simply because I'm an Australian and likely to miss many many more at the current rate and them not seemingly giving a shit about it.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

Scenario was bugged anyway, about 75% of the people who completed it didn't get kill credit. Blizz says it wont happen again and they cannot reward those that missed out.

Usual quality Blizz customer service...

Quote Originally Posted by Dammagia View Post
    Scenario was bugged anyway, about 75% of the people who completed it didn't get kill credit. Blizz says it wont happen again and they cannot reward those that missed out.

This is actually highly unusual. A lot of people may not remember it, but there was a time Pre WoD where patches were released and they worked properly. Only in the recent history has the quality control slipped so hard.

Whatever restructuring is going on at Blizzard right now is clearly causing a lot of problems for them and it is being presented to us with this shoddy work.

The only thing I think was done up to standards this expansion is the game art. Every other aspect has serious problems.

wah wah wah wah
    i cant do it on the first day because blizzard is the worst company ever

comes back in 2 weeks complaining of no content.

get over it and learn to wait

Quote Originally Posted by Dammagia View Post

If the addicts keep buying the drug, regardless of side effects or drug supply, what's the motivation of the drug manufacturer and dealer to provide any better service?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benjen666 View Post
    Legion assaults... not for those who work for a living....
    Every time I'm on the verge of pre-ordering (yes, pre-ordering!) Legion, Blizzard implements something that causes me to change my mind.

Deleted
    Speaking of invasions: They're up on EU.