Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Artifact appearances... you can do it!

Hi all, I just wanted to give some confidence to those that have been grinding away at their artifact appearances at the mage hall. I just managed to complete mine at 892 ilvl (Balance Druid). If the guides you are following have individuals at much higher ilvl than you, don't be afraid to try a different tactic/talent spec. I had to follow a very different strat than the videos I saw due to my lower ilvl. You can do it!

EDIT: I would add a picture but am unable to add links as I don't really ever post here.

Deleted
    How the ---- did you manage to do it? I'm a 896 balance druid and I can't do it, mainly because of my DPS. The challenge is easy, it's just the hand I can't kill before it kills me. As you know, balance druids only got the solar beam to interrupt so I can't always use that, I can't go bear form + barkskin either as my health is still not enough to survive it.

edit; I can't really use Typhoon for interrupting either (actually not sure if you can interrupt the hand by using Typhoon, haven't tried it) since I have to use it to daze and knock the other adds away.

edit 2; I didn't post this thread, above post got deleted for some reason.
    Last edited by mmoccea68bd2bd; 2017-04-06 at 07:40 AM.

I just can't manage the Affliction one. It seems really easy to me mechanically but I'm still failing it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    I just can't manage the Affliction one. It seems really easy to me mechanically but I'm still failing it.
    I think it's doable easily, just make sure you use that pet with the interrupt which you can use to CC the hand, the CD is very short so you can use it whenever the hand pops up. If you don't have the finger, you'll have to run away with that burning rush talent or w/e the name is, also use demonic gateway & that teleporting spell.

edit; Also, keep all your dots up on as many targets as possible for soul shard generation.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunderwear View Post
    You can do it!
    Wish that was true, so far even the best protection paladins in the world didn't manage, so I'm not even gonna bother, since I'm not so vain as to believe I'm better than all the best players in the world combined.

So the trick to beating the hands is to take Warrior of Elune.

The strategy I used was as follows:

Phase 3

First hand - Interrupt with solar beam, dot and starfall. Kite under the hand and focus all your dps on karam. The starfall will kill the hand before it can get a cast off.

Second hand - Have near max astral power saved. Open with a starfall into full moon, starsurge, warrior of elune, instant cast lunar strikes and another starsurge to finish it off. This should kill it even if you have bad luck with crits.

Your solar beam should be up for the third hand, and warrior of elune will be up for the 4th. Just rotate them in this order and hands will no longer be a problem. You should never have to soak the damage with bear form.

Also, I focus on the boss during phase 2 and completely ignore the adds. Only place down starfall so you can kite them while hitting the boss. Spend excess AP on starsurge. At a lower ilvl it is vital that you starsurge the boss as often as you can while still having starfall down for movement. You want him down to <70% when phase 2 ends. I use Celestial Alignment and Berserking during phase 2 so it will be up again in phase 4.

During phase 5 use interrupt on first hand, then lust when CA is ~20 seconds away from being off CD. You then CA as soon as it's available, giving you the a full CA with lust. The extra damage on the boss and hands makes this phase easier, but you still have a lot to manage with runes/hands. When the boss is <10% use solar beam on the next hand that spawns and burn boss with everything you have.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxum View Post
    I think it's doable easily, just make sure you use that pet with the interrupt which you can use to CC the hand, the CD is very short so you can use it whenever the hand pops up. If you don't have the finger, you'll have to run away with that burning rush talent or w/e the name is, also use demonic gateway & that teleporting spell.

edit; Also, keep all your dots up on as many targets as possible for soul shard generation.
    Can't kill the hand fast enough tbh after having to use the first interrupt. Think I'll use absolute corruption so I don't freak out about managing Karam.
    Last edited by Radaney; 2017-04-06 at 04:05 AM.

Deleted
    This topic sums up with current Nixxiom machinma - I wonder why "appearance" got this high in lore.

Since I'm a nice guy, I'll happily get on Mumble your preferred voice communication software and become your personal cheer leader. I'll even play the beginning of Eye in the Sky while I'm doing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm so glad the assassination one as way undertuned, I can see that after trying the outlaw and sub ones. I guess I'll have to wait until I get some ToS gear to grab skins for my off-specs.

/salt mode one

this shit has nothing to do with skill its all about itemllevel for DH you need to be able to tank the shitty icebold.. even with all kicks imprison when you are not 100% befor arcane phase you will probably die... no i cant take netherwalk i need leech to survive after eye beam....

/salt off

ok 886 5% wipe i am having fun but when i die without being able to do anything i am just mad... actualy i started using stamina trinket and it went way better after that... but it has nothing to do with skill imo its all about having enough HP with gear.

now yeah i know 2.9 3m life is not much so i started gearing up a bit buying stuff with shards ... i just want it this week , i know i will have it next tower without any problem but still... :| QQ i want it nowwww

but shit this is still fun havent had so much fun in a long time

How the ---- did you manage to do it? I'm a 896 balance druid and I can't do it, mainly because of my DPS. The challenge is easy, it's just the hand I can't kill before it kills me. As you know, balance druids only got the solar beam to interrupt so I can't always use that, I can't go bear form + barkskin either as my health is still not enough to survive it.

edit; I can't really use Typhoon for interrupting either (actually not sure if you can interrupt the hand by using Typhoon, haven't tried it) since I have to use it to daze and knock the other adds away.
    Consumables help a ton. I flew right through my challenge as soon as i brought drums for bloodlust.

Deleted
    It looks like I created this thread honestly, lol. I think the guy who posted this thread got his posts deleted for some reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a 909 resto druid I didn't even try, I'll come back once I'm 920.
    | Mokenuf | Varianna | Devona | Katzine | Gokkash | Vëcna | Shaggra | Snookí | Vekuh | Segath | Zhìyù | Sierenna | Tyranikus |

I think the guy who posted this thread got his posts deleted for some reason.
    Looks like it, he was a noble cheerleader, and we scared him off. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    I flew right through my challenge as soon as i brought drums for bloodlust.
    Haha, we had a lot of confusion in our raid who the heck keeps popping drums with 2 mages and a shaman in the group when the spriest realized he macro'd it to something for the class challenge.

yep, im having the same issue (also balance druid). can do 450k dps in the raid but i cant dps those hands down fast enough.
    i watched a video of a guy who did it, all he had to do was throw a couple starsurges and maybe a new/half moon.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Since I'm a nice guy, I'll happily get on Mumble your preferred voice communication software and become your personal cheer leader. I'll even play the beginning of Eye in the Sky while I'm doing it.
    come on eye of the tiger or its not a real cheerleader

It's a combo gear plus skill check. If you're 890+ you should be able to do it with good playstyle, RNG and proper legendaries.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    It's a combo gear plus skill check. If you're 890+ you should be able to do it with good playstyle, RNG and proper legendaries.
    Indeed ;-)

7+ Year Old Account
    I cant get past the first phase for the holy priest challenge.
    Am 892, i manage just fine on the first 3 wave but i simply fail during the 2 warrior wave, either i die or the idiots i have to deal with take so much dmg that i run out of mana in light speed.

Edit: and yes, i do use shackle undead.
    It just doesnt last long enough for me...
    Last edited by Raetary; 2017-04-06 at 09:46 AM.

Formerly known as Arafal