Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Lol wonder what thing people will cry about next? Oh yeah. There's nothing left for them to do and they're only on for 10 minutes a day. Because they can fly. Did almost nothing for it. And they only log on for chests and ignore anything else. Good job casuals you did it!

Deleted
    I was angry yesterday when I heard I missed the invasion cause of Blizzard stupid shedule. It sucks. Actually I can only play in the evening. I looked forward to a thing I am only able to play at weekends. gg Blizz.
    They should fix assaults, not the achievement.

Quote Originally Posted by Sastank View Post
    Lol wonder what thing people will cry about next? Oh yeah. There's nothing left for them to do and they're only on for 10 minutes a day. Because they can fly. Did almost nothing for it. And they only log on for chests and ignore anything else. Good job casuals you did it!
    You are literally bitching about people who do not exist. Noone was asking for them to remove it they wanted the invasions to be on a schedule non no lifers could fit into. So climb down off your cross.

I honestly think the PTR needed another couple of weeks, and everything set up like it would appear on live, I feel that they lose a lot of opportunity for real feedback with how they set it up. They *knew* what the invasions schedule was, before releasing this, and nobody thought that people might not be on for them?

Patch definitely feels rushed, they're "tweaking' some fairly big issues, after dropping it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalanoree View Post
    As a sidenote, I understand that people needed to get a way to catch up and prepare for the new raid, but simply offering everyone the 54 old traits immediately at log in was a crappy move. It makes players that have played the game continuously feel punished for doing so.
    Speak for yourself, I had 54 traits for a long time and I'm glad after the patch my guild 2-shot mythic Krosus instead of wasting 1,5 hour to reclear a "farm" boss like it was before the patch. Also my alts can be more powerful because they immediately get boosted when they unlock 36th point. I don't farm AP to feel better than other people, if they deleted the whole AP farm and gave us free trait every week or so I couldn't care less.

Now the only thing left to enjoy my alts is to unlock flying, those were 2 things that held me back, no flying, and having to grind the artifact before I could even tell if the spec feels good or not, now getting the essentials on the artifact takes really short.

I just wanted them to extend it to all day. I don't normally log in until 9 or 10pm pacific time due to work and life and all that.

And I am a no lifer.

Like I've got 5 alts, none of them in true raiding guilds but all at at least 875.

I've been sad or angry just disappointed at how short a timer the invasions are on. They would be great for stocking up on shards and supplies while avoiding the aids that is broken shore - I've never cared much for the Timeless Isle style sandbox areas and would have preferred the zone just be added to the WQ cycle.

If they'd made the invasions last for the entire time a zone is up then they could have avoided all the trouble.

Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    So how am I supposed to do these assaults? Right now they happen roughly 6am-10am my local time. Guess what I am doing during this period? I wake up and go to work. It's cool that it won't affect flying, but isn't rescheduling the event a better solution? There is still a quest and achievements for them. WTF Bliz once again.

Quote Originally Posted by gregorbasse View Post
    So how am I supposed to do these assaults? Right now they happen roughly 6am-10am my local time. Guess what I am doing during this period? I wake up and go to work. It's cool that it won't affect flying, but isn't rescheduling the event a better solution? There is still a quest and achievements for them. WTF Bliz once again.
    Reschedule for you? There would always be some people it would hurt. So no matter what people would complain. They could have or should have just done it like pre-Legion invasions and had them come up several times a day, and increase the rate at which they do over time. Or something. But yeah, the tears. God forbid people had patience or played the game. Now when they can fly in < 1 week and do their casual little WQs for the chest and log off they'll be right back with how little there is to do.
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here comes all the PvPers/Gankers. They're coming out in a massive force tonight jeez

People weren't asking them to remove the achievement. We were asking them to fix the dang schedule so we could actually complete the dang thing. I barely got home in time for the first 1. I was at work for the 2nd, & the 3rd is going to end up being around 2AM. There are people who haven't been able to catch a single 1 due to work. So get off your high horse since it's so obvious you're one of the people who had no trouble catching all 3.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Does it mean that assaults will still be up when everyone is in school or work ? Great job blizz.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Does it mean that assaults will still be up when everyone is in school or work ? Great job blizz.
    Yes, and next invasion is in Highmountain starting at around 2AM PDT if you're in on the North American servers. And Highmountain will ALWAYS be at 2AM PDT on North American servers, next time on Sunday.
    Just preface all my posts with "Well, I didn't read the thread, but..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Kenobi
    You don't need to see any identification.
    This isn't the user you're looking for.
    Move along.
    Fixed a bug allowing Reaper to Shadow Step to unintended locations
    Minor text fixes

I just logged on before i go to work and the Stormheim invasion has only 2 hours left. The means it must have started at 4:30ish am. Dunno what Blizzard are thinking tbh. They painted themselves into a corner with this. They should have just done one in the morning and one in the evening and kept the pathfinder requirement. Seems like a win/win for all involved.

Can people stop fucking playing games if they do not have the time to do so?

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Speak for yourself, I had 54 traits for a long time and I'm glad after the patch my guild 2-shot mythic Krosus instead of wasting 1,5 hour to reclear a "farm" boss like it was before the patch. Also my alts can be more powerful because they immediately get boosted when they unlock 36th point. I don't farm AP to feel better than other people, if they deleted the whole AP farm and gave us free trait every week or so I couldn't care less.

Now the only thing left to enjoy my alts is to unlock flying, those were 2 things that held me back, no flying, and having to grind the artifact before I could even tell if the spec feels good or not, now getting the essentials on the artifact takes really short.
    If you were "farming" Krosus Mythic, I suppose everyone in your raid already had 54 point prior to the patch? So it didn't actually make a difference, maybe you simply 2-shot it this time because people didn't screw up on the 2nd try instead of the 10th one? I'm sure next week it will be on a different try, might be on the 1st, might be on the 7th. If it's "farm", it will eventually go down.

As for alts, if you read what I said, I understand they have to speed up the catch up mechanisms, and I'm all for that. But simply giving them is dumb, especially for new characters (non-alts). It's stupid that new characters get 36 traits before even unlocking the 3rd relic slot.

It's not about feeling better than other people, it's about feeling valued by the game you give money and time to.
    Imagine you were building a house by adding a new brick everyday because you're only allowed to buy one brick per day. Now imagine when you finish it, your neighbor buys one brick and instead gets a completely built house just like yours.
    Not that you'd want to be superior to your neighbour but it would seem very unfair.

Glad they changed it, the times on the EU realsm where retarded beyond comprehension so far. Let alone the fact that the whole thing is needlessly time locked in the first place..

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    Yea Blizzard let's make Flying worse than it already is by making it more accessible. Fucking impatient and stupid people ruin everything.
    huh? In what world is flying bad, Flying is the most desireable thing in the game for a lot of people next to loot. PPl wanna fly yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by aeuhe4yxzhds View Post
    I have plenty of time to play. Just not when cyclical invasions are up.

Quote Originally Posted by aeuhe4yxzhds View Post
    It's not just having time, it's having time at the right time.

But you're right. They should. Every single one of them should quit. I think it'd be enough people that maybe, just maybe Blizzard would notice.

Unfortunately from what Ghostcrawler said, quitting doesn't work because there's enough people quitting all the time that it doesn't stand out. So you post on the forums and get ignored or they pull this crap where they fix the wrong thing (and that just proves how little they actually listen to the playerbase). On top of that, you've got to deal with all the people like you who aren't affected and therefore absolutely refuse to see why something could be a problem.

The invasion change is a perfect example of Blizzes tendency to operate in extremes. Instead of just doing what most asked for with making invasions more consistent they just go ahead and remove them from the achievement.