Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    aaaaaaand another maintenance in EU

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Your lack of reading comprehension is pretty disturbing.
    And ur basic understanding of how the system works is pretty, disturbing but I get this is normal for people trying to suck up to blizzard.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Ah, so you just wanted to bitch about Blizzard doing Blizzard things. I mean, cool, I guess.
    Lmao, kind of funny when I get called a Fanboi 95% of WoWGen threads.

Let me sum up.

The game is all about stretching subs. So, we will do whatever we can to prolong the playing time. If it can make you play longer, we will implement it.

The end.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lanesia24 View Post
    How was it a big part of the patch? I mean the raid is a big part of the patch. Maybe the dungeons. Random invasion is definitely not a big part of the patch. But it wouldn't be the WoW playerbase if it wasn't whining 24/7.
    Because they said the Invasions were a big part of the Patch, hence why it was part of the Meta and why it changes WQ's AND had its own Scenarios made for it.

Also the difference between the Raid/Dungeons and these shitty timed invasions. When I log on after Work I'll be able to choose to do them at will, not hope that the days current invasions isn't up in the time i'm at work/sleeping for Work.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    Lmao, kind of funny when I get called a Fanboi 95% of WoWGen threads.
    I honestly doubt many people really saw Invasions as one of the "key features" of 7.2 and even fewer are upset about the way Blizzard is rolling these out now that it's uncoupled from the flying achievement. Considering almost all of the flak Blizzard received was due to their inclusion on the flying achievement, it seems like a fairly insignificant complaint.

And while I usually agree with you, I've become extremely desensitized and cynical lately due to the constant cycle of Blizzard fucking up, Blizzard changing their minds and reverting the fuck up then players still throwing tantrums because they wish Blizzard had never fucked up in the first place. This forum wants to see Blizzard design their game by democracy and I guess part of me is terrified they might eventually think that's a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by CasualWorgen View Post
    Earlier today, game designer Ion answered a concern over on twitter that concerned the unfeasible timing of the newly introduced Legion Invasions and responded as follows, "It's not every day at the same time... it'll cycle through all possibly times of day over time."
    https://twitter.com/WatcherDev/statu...36750318497792

Good news for generally busy people?
    I know it's just me, but I find the idea of cycling a demon invasion over several days to be 100% un-immersive and kills the whole idea of what an invasion feels like.

Demon: "Get e'm boys! Crush their...oh, it's 3pm. Time to clock out guys. But you guys just wait, we'll be back in 3 days!"

It's just dumb.

If anything, once one front is beaten back on one zone, it should pop up in another immediately. Hell, why not two at the same time.

They're micromanaging the player experience too much, they're doling out a demonic invasion like it's candy - "Here, Bobby, here's your invasion for today. No, Timmy, you already had one, you have to wait for 3 days for another."

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly doubt many people really saw Invasions as one of the "key features" of 7.2 and even fewer are upset about the way Blizzard is rolling these out now that it's uncoupled from the flying achievement. Considering almost all of the flak Blizzard received was due to their inclusion on the flying achievement, it seems like a fairly insignificant complaint.
    I did and Blizzard obviously did as it was listed on https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...xt-panel-recap pretty much at the top of the list.

But meh I guess. Was just excited to have a constantly invading army 24/7 across the Maps like RIFTS in RIFT. But I guess that was too much too ask for.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I don't see what the big deal is. Yes, I missed the invasion because I was at work but I'm not crying over it. Am I missing something important here?
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

Remember boys, Blizzard never listens to the community!
    To be fair, when they do something this stupid and obviously intended to artificially prolong content to this extent and this blatantly.. Question was never if they'd hotfix it, question was why they ever thought it'd pass the whiny masses.

Good news for pro-flyers. Bad news for casuals who actually wanted to do the invasions as opposed to the old dusty same WQ for emissary / paragon rep, if you play every day the same, not extremely long hours, you'll see 1 invasion every 3 days, the rest will happen out of your play window.

Tbh, I'm more bummed they don't give rep except 1 quest which is part of the Legionfall campaign. They were advertised as a good source of Legionfall rep...

this (and the post-exalted rep rewards) are the kind of thing i would expect, and tolerate, in a f2p game.

you cant have it both ways blizz.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyro1990 View Post
    It's still only 6 hour cycles which can very easily (and already have) cause people working basic 8 hour shifts miss the entire thing. That makes it still a stupid design. Some days I'll be able to do it, some days I'll be at work see it pop up and just accept that i'm going to miss it. They could easily up the duration a couple hours to accommodate a basic 8 hour work day but no, that's unreasonable.
    An invasion lasts 6 hours, but the window between invasions is greater than 6. So they do NOT occur at the same time.

However, it's moot since it's no longer needed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Good news for pro-flyers. Bad news for casuals who actually wanted to do the invasions as opposed to the old dusty same WQ for emissary / paragon rep, if you play every day the same, not extremely long hours, you'll see 1 invasion every 3 days, the rest will happen out of your play window.

Tbh, I'm more bummed they don't give rep except 1 quest which is part of the Legionfall campaign. They were advertised as a good source of Legionfall rep...

Wrong.

Reexamine the pattern for your error.
    How to tell if somebody learned World Geography in school or from SNL:
    "GIBSON: What insight into Russian actions, particularly in the last couple of weeks, does the proximity of the state give you?
    PALIN: They're our next door neighbors and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska."
    SNL: Can't be Diomede Islands, say her backyard instead.

Another reason to be mad at blizz lol

Is that suppose to be might and glory of the Burning Legion? Infinite demon forces are numerous enough to only assault random zone once a day while most of the players are at work. It's disgusting. Ion Hazzikostas has proven again he became an insolent prick when he climbed up the ladder and he's ruining this game with another thoughtless idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    To be fair, when they do something this stupid and obviously intended to artificially prolong content to this extent and this blatantly.. Question was never if they'd hotfix it, question was why they ever thought it'd pass the whiny masses.
    If there were more concurrent invasions (you know, like the pre-launch event) it wouldn't be a problem. Blizzard could have gone that route as well and nobody would give a shit. I'll agree that this was an example of either Blizzard's egregious misunderstanding of its community or the realization of a really poor idea. Iunno, I don't pretend to know why Blizzard does or doesn't do anything but I'm growing increasingly irritated by the bland, generic outrage players on this forum seem to have against them for literally anything they do.

If there were more concurrent invasions (you know, like the pre-launch event) it wouldn't be a problem. Blizzard could have gone that route as well and nobody would give a shit. I'll agree that this was an example of either Blizzard's egregious misunderstanding of its community or the realization of a really poor idea. Iunno, I don't pretend to know why Blizzard does or doesn't do anything but I'm growing increasingly irritated by the bland, generic outrage players on this forum seem to have against them for literally anything they do.
    Except you'd never be able to do the leveling zones.

You know... how like toward the end of the pre-expansion Invasions you couldn't do those zones at all.

Quote Originally Posted by arcaneshot View Post
    Except you'd never be able to do the leveling zones.

You know... how like toward the end of the pre-expansion Invasions you couldn't do those zones at all.
    Thanks for providing the obvious antithetical to something which never happened. I'd imagine they'd probably be able to use phasing to make leveling unaffected but simply decoupling the requirement from the achievement is a much quicker, easier and less work-intensive compromise.

7+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for providing the obvious antithetical to something which never happened. I'd imagine they'd probably be able to use phasing to make leveling unaffected but simply decoupling the requirement from the achievement is a much quicker, easier and less work-intensive compromise.
    and once you reach max level?
    imagine how bullshit it would be to
    A. require loremaster to start invasions
    B. be unable to do quests in a zone because invasions all day every day

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Ideally they would go up at like 2pm and leave at 2am every day. Most people would be able to find 20-30 minutes to do one in that 12 hour period.
    but what about those peope who need to sleep/work during then, and can only play theo ther 12 hours
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

i still don't get why they don't used the basic design of the pre patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.