Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    We're talking about ignoring 2 casts every 30 seconds.
    Slightly gear dependent, and it's certainly nice to have, but prydaz doesn't even absorb 1 arcane barrage @ 906 ilvl

@psyquest all aoe in the fight takes ages to register you are out of it. I've lost 5 or so attempts to that bug alone (given up after about 20 tries since the majority of the latter 10 were lost due to bugs as oppose to mistakes in the first 10)
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Shirofune View Post
    We DHs are probably the only class that is required a talent switch in the middle of the fight.

After getting the mage to 10%, we drop combat. At that point we switch gear/talents.

Demonic IS needed for P1/P2. There's just no way we can survive without that healing.

Overall, I think the event is terrible as it focus on surviving and shit mechanics instead of what it should be focusing on, DPS. 98% of the event is surviving the bullshit unforgiving event, 2% is DPSing the boss.

It's also shit design 90% that killed it had Prydaz.
    You just realized WoW, now you can kill everything AOTC Mythic. LOL EVERYTHING IS 98% Mechanics 2% DPS why do you think any DPS is easily replaceable?

Something that I did that helped to counter the comet storm bug was in the latter phases when the boss teleported far away, I'd chaos nova, double jump and fel rush away as usual. But instead of going straight to the boss I'd immediately turn around and eyebeam the razor ice then blade dance to heal through the comet storm damage. Then you can just walk/fel rush to the boss at full health.

Just got to the Voidling phase and couldn't use the Codex to swap talents. This has happened three times now and that's even with trying to use Shadowmeld after unsuccessful attempts at using the item.

I am absolutely stoked! I just did this with Mo'args and DoG as my leggos the entire way through at sub 900 Ilvl, my strat varied quite differently to others I have seen here, though I'd wager due to my ilvl my attempt count is probably much higher as well at about at least 150

Strat involved heavily relying on using imprison to stall casts
    Come forth coward and answer for your crimes!!

I found figuring out when he was gonna changes phases and port for the mirror images was the hardest part of the whole fight for havoc. If you figured it out, you could cheat a bit, miss and interrupt, but be in the middle for his phase change. Also, imprisoning him right before he does mirror images makes it super easy to spot where you need to go.

Phase 2 was more of a dps check than I anticipated, but if you have bloodlet+bracers its pretty easy, and even without bracers it should be pretty doable. I found I took too much white damage from his melee swings to not do demonic, so I just stayed in demonic for p2.

I went helm + prydez for p1, and bracers + shoulders for p2.

Looking forward to getting after the tank one, although I donno if I'll get it this time the tower is up, grats to everybody that gets it this time around and good luck to everybody who misses it till next time

Quote Originally Posted by Rangar View Post
    Just got to the Voidling phase and couldn't use the Codex to swap talents. This has happened three times now and that's even with trying to use Shadowmeld after unsuccessful attempts at using the item.
    I had the same issue, but then I realized that I'd bought the wrong codex. Check your codex to see if it's usable at your level. If it says "Can't be used above level 109," then you made the same mistake that I did.

I just completed the Vengeance scenario after about ~60 attempts with a build of 3322311 using the Leech ring and Defiler's Vambraces (Sigil Bracers) legandaries at 909ilvl. I used an Arcanogolem Digit for extra cleave on the adds, and most importantly I used a Royal Dagger haft for an extra Cheat Death which I'll discuss more later in this post. I have 42 points in my weapon, but do not have the final Golden Trait. However, the Erupting Souls trait works wonders on quickly destroying the void adds while you're cleaving off the Inquisitor. (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...alynd/advanced)

I began the fight like most others do by prepotting, using Meta, Brand, and everything that I could to get the boss below 80% as I hit 5 to 6 stacks, and then went out and killed the first eye that spawns while dropping stacks. After this it just becomes a priority of DPSing the Inquisitor until you have 3 stacks of the aura, then going out and killing eyes while your stacks drop. I was able to cleave down each set of voidlings on top of the adds and very rarely had to utilize any of Velen's orbs in P1 even before I began using the Sigil bracers. Either a Sigil or Misery or Silence should be up for each set of adds, and as long as you time it to coincide with the first tick of their channel, you'll never have to worry about them casting it again.

Once I got phase one down to a science, I could finish it in just under three minutes which makes the number of infernals going into the second phase fairly manageable. Phase one actually becomes very simple after doing it well a few times to get the timing down, and leaving up as many of Velen's orbs going into P2 is crucial for surviving through it. You can squeeze out a lot of extra DPS on the Inquisitor while you have stacks by holding adds just outside the aura's effect and dropping sigils, using throw glaive, and Soul Cleaving while facing him.

It's important to push the Inquisitor down before a new set of void adds spawn, but I felt plenty comfortable going into the second phase with a set already up for some extra healing. As phase two began, I kept Kruul near the edge of the arena until his first stomp and then leapt to a Velen orb to heal up the damage. Adds no longer automatically fixate to you in the second phase, so you MUST make sure you round them up before they channel on Velen and end the scenario instantly. I saved drums and my second prolonged power pot for after the first annihilate to help keep myself topped.

I failed countless attempts to having my Cheat Death proc early due to the first or second Annihilate, because with my DPS it was guaranteed that I would have at least four before Kruul died. I still don't have Prydaz, and it felt impossible to make it to the third or fourth Annihilate without dying to the overwhelming damage going out. Without Prydaz, you MUST survive three Annihilates so that your Cheat Death will proc on the fourth to give you enough time to finish Kruul. The very first attempt I made it cleanly into P2 with Royal Dagger Haft equipped, I was able to complete the scenario. You can easily mitigate the first, Royal Dagger proc'd on the second, Meta and DS allowed me to survive the third, and my Cheat Death proc'd on the final hit.

I used quite a few different combinations of legendaries, and I feel that just about any of them would work if you can manage to keep yourself alive, but I think the Leech ring and Prydaz will be the most useful for surviving through both P1 and P2. I spent a lot of time with Sephuz and the Leech ring, but I do not think the benefit from Sephuz was enough to consider using it over another like the wrists that provide you with agility and DPS through more flame sigils.

Has any1 considered using the Tichondrius trinket with active leech for the havoc-challenge? wonder if the damage loss is worth it, becaue it is my highest item-lvl trinket (would use either this at 895 or 890 foci) and it would add another "healphase" in addition to achor's / meta. Since I only can equip 893 without loosing 4pc bonus probably on the lower end for doing it. Does any1 know dps requirements for p2?

Deleted
    2% wipe. And then... my last 5 trys were ended bei lag or icy bug.
    I'm done for this week.

FINALLY! After 2 days of trying, a lot of mental breakdowns and rage against Fel Rush for being so goddamn lag-vulnerable, after making steady progress on the last mob (first, down to 28m health, then 17m, then 3m) I finally did it. I'm so damn relieved I'm finally done with this.

(For curious people did it with 3323223 and Prydaz/Anger in P1 and 2233311 and Prydaz/Mo'arg in P2 in 905 gear)
    Last edited by Sangris; 2017-04-05 at 10:54 PM.

Stood in the Fire Grapefruitsnz's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Any tips for survival in the void phase? I got to it a few times last night, but the attempt i did the best on (17%) i was constantly scrambling to use health pots and things to stay alive through his damage until the adds spawned and I could get souls off them. Was running anger/moarg for that part with a standard burst talent set up.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapefruitsnz View Post
    Any tips for survival in the void phase? I got to it a few times last night, but the attempt i did the best on (17%) i was constantly scrambling to use health pots and things to stay alive through his damage until the adds spawned and I could get souls off them. Was running anger/moarg for that part with a standard burst talent set up.
    I ended up having to go demonic with bloodlet and glaive. Kept my health a lot more stable, a little less overall dps but I also had the shoulders which helped. Could spend more time dpsing and less time scrambling.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapefruitsnz View Post
    I had the same problem for about 8 attempts, switched soul rending to desperate instincts in the last phase for a little extra damage reduction and ended up beating it with like 20% hp left and about 1/5th of the platform left, just try to use it right after your initial meta so you get as many uses as possible and try to save the adds souls for when you need them.

Small tip for the arcane phase:

Similar to the strategy in frost phase where you interrupt frost bolt and pull the boss closer to the center so you have less area to cover when he traps you in ice shards. Arcane torrent has the same affect on Arcane barrage (sorry Night Elves). If you get really unlucky and the boss ports to the complete outer ring of the area, arcane torrent his arcane barrage and drag him back closer to the center. Also, if you stand at max melee range he'll sometimes take a few steps toward you before casting again. It doesn't happen often but those 3-5 yds can be the difference maker when you have to turn and fel rush to the opposite side of the room. I've pretty much gotten the Xylem phase down to a science, even without prydaz or Achor i have no trouble surviving anymore.

i'm 900 ilvl but my legendaries for the encounter are shit (raddon's / Sephuz) so i keep missing the DPS check in P2. Part of it is personal play, i think i can kill it if i have the PERFECT final phase pull (which i'll be working on tonight) but it is kinda depressing because i've had several sub 10% wipes and just having the legendary bracers would have easily made all the difference. At this point i either need a better DPS throughput legendary, a better trinket or 5ish ilvl and it'll be dead.

- - - Updated - - -

Update, finally killed it. 900ilvl, Sephuz/raddon's (not by choice)

First Phase: 3323223
    Burn Phase: 2233311

Now that i think about it desperate instincts would be better for burn phase but i guess i overlooked that.

the burn phase lasts about 3 minutes so you should combo your nemsis/CB/pot together on the opener and then again at the 2 minute mark.
    Last edited by Skyepic; 2017-04-05 at 07:29 PM.

Just in case someone else is using an old pc like mine and keeps the details on low, you might not be able to see the dark AoE on the ground during the last phase of the Havoc challenge.

Usually these kind of things are related to Particle Density or Projected textures, but in this case the relevant settings were Terrain Texture and Ground Clutter (not sure which one of the two, I brought them up a bit at the same time, and killed the boss as soon as I could see the black floor).

Getting to last phase is arguably the hardest part of the challenge, and wiping because your pc is old can be frustrating :P

Quote Originally Posted by VengeantBlade View Post
    I had the same issue, but then I realized that I'd bought the wrong codex. Check your codex to see if it's usable at your level. If it says "Can't be used above level 109," then you made the same mistake that I did.
    I double checked after the second time. I was also unable to swap gear.

The most I'm struggling with is in transition phase. When I'm not able to reach the boss right away, I make pause killing adds and SOMETIMES (most often), I need 2/3 CS to kill them. If I'm missing some hit, I'm basically fucked in a 2/3 sec timeframe (insta kill even under blur). This is my only concern, the rest is super easy for me (899 ilvl, 3.3M hp). Guess I'll have to kick during this phase.

Deleted
    I don't try to kill the adds inside of the bubbles. I doesn't work for me.
    I more focused to stand in the middle of the room before the transition phase starts and just rush over.

A couple of things I noticed, and incorporated from what I read(sorry if I repeat something that's already known):
    -Try to position the boss so you can eye beam him and the ice crystals. I'll run through the purple beams as I spam Annihilation to pick up souls that drop from this. I never need to worry about stuns during the ice phase when doing this since I'm always in meta.
    -During arcane phase, stun the first one with nova and then wait for him to start with the shadow balls(You may have to eat a case of arcane here). I'll cast Eye beam as he is finishing up to have more uptime on Meta for arcane phase(saving my stuns)
    -I tend to move around inside his hit box(while also picking up souls). I noticed that if he starts chasing you he is about to teleport away.
    -Don't spam fel rush like others have said during darkness, double jump and then fel rush, land then do it again. You should be on top of the boss at this point. A few times I had to kill an enemy in a bubble. Just have patience if you get stuck doing this. I'll wait in it a bit for CDs to come back up before moving on.
    -When he goes back into frost phase, don't interrupt the first cast as he usually will do the shadow balls after this.

I'm only 889ilvl with no defensive legendaries and am able to consistently get into the final phase(except if I get smacked by a shadow orb). Best attempt here was only 45% though where I was sitting around 560-600k dps. I usually get killed before the platform fills up all the way though. I may save my big CDs after the 2nd set of adds despawn. Just need to work on that ilvl now.