Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    I was brought up watching WWE/WWF, I used to sit on my dads lap and watch hulk wrestle. But Im glad to see the Undertaker retire. Its been a long time coming.
    After watching Wrestlemania where he went up against lesnar, that fight fucking disgusted me. When that fight was over he looked like he wasnt there at all.

Hopefully he will make some appearances here and there in the future.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aori View Post
    Ya it kind of sums up how everyone feels, apparently the negative chants happened for 10 minutes before he said anything. These chants were going before Raw even aired. I do have to feel for the guy though, that is a lot of pressure haha. Glad it wasn't a dead crowd though, loved it.
    The funny thing is that's a heavily edited video, the crowd were much more vocal on the night and used much more vulgar language.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    52 isnt old at all for a wrestler. Ric Flair didnt retire until he was 63, Terry Funk still wrestles occasionally and he is 72, Abdullah the Butcher still wrestles at 76, and Mae Young wrestled into her 80s
    A lot of those wrestlers didn't put their bodies through what the Taker did either. Also all of those wrestlers should have retired in their 50s, they weren't entertaining anymore, they couldn't perform like they once could.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by effs View Post
    He retired on a loss? Poor writing there WWE ._.

Undertaker had enough pull that he went out how he wanted. You want to blame anyone for the loss to Reigns blame undertaker himself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Undertaker had enough pull that he went out how he wanted. You want to blame anyone for the loss to Reigns blame undertaker himself.
    Look at it this way, Undertaker is a sadist, he wanted Reigns to suffer the hate of the entire universe haha.

10+ Year Old Account
    A lot of those wrestlers didn't put their bodies through what the Taker did either. Also all of those wrestlers should have retired in their 50s, they weren't entertaining anymore, they couldn't perform like they once could.
    I highly disagree. Other than a couple hell in a cell matches, the undertaker never wrestled rough, whereas Terry Funk wrestled thousands of hardcore matches involving thumbtacks, fire, broken glass, barbed wire, and all kinds of foreign objects, and Abdullah the Butcher did the same

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashtwo View Post
    I see your Randy Savage and I raise you a Jimmy Snuka

(who I only just found out died this year, what the fuck)
    Screw that murderer.

10+ Year Old Account
    He has Terry Funk, who has been in every explosion match in Japan you can imagine and Abdullah the Butcher, who bleeds so much, he was sued shortly before his hall of fame induction, for giving his opponent hepatitis the year before.

With that said, they both should have retired 20 years ago, but neither got that sweet WWE money, so they got to do it. Chainsaw Charlie... damn...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    The funny thing is that's a heavily edited video, the crowd were much more vocal on the night and used much more vulgar language.
    Ya I can't stand Roman(His role not the person himself), but I felt legit bad for him. There was moments you could tell he was holding back and looked like he was about to cry.

They need to have Roman go fill Heel. It really feels like creative has no clue what to do with him, But they want everyone to like him.

The heat he has isn't good heat, The crowd legit hates him and that was even before WM.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-04-05 at 11:32 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Marks! The lot of you! Marks! That was WWE's scripted reaction to the crowd, that they knew would happen. If nothing else, credit is due here for WWE at least using the crowd, if they cannot give us a heel turn, because none of you buy AJ Styles T-shirts, but kids love them some Roman Reigns merch. Have you ever seen a wrestler celebrating a wrestlemania win less than Reigns did after winning? That's WWE reconciling not turning Reigns, while reacting to what they knew would happen.

Hate on Reigns and WWE all you like, but until smarks start buying as much merchandise as marks do, WWE is financially tied to the unstoppable Reigns character.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    They need to have Roman go fill Heel. It really feels like creative has no clue what to do with him, But they want everyone to like him.

The heat he has isn't good heat, The crowd legit hates him and that was even before WM.
    They cannot... as much as the fans will boo and jeer, with WWE pretty much admitting it, they don't believe Reigns can sustain his merchandise sales as a heel. WWE isn't NJPW, they need the characters. It's not scripted to have wins or losses mean anything, beyond that moment.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I'm glad he stopped now. It was obvious he was already beginning to decline and I was worried he'd continue further and tarnish his legacy. It will be interesting to see if he's used in any capacity like other Hall of Famers and Legends, as I think his character might make it a bit hard to work him in since a geriatric Undertaker isn't quite as acceptable as Hulk Hogan or Ric Flair.
    3 years too late. That match was only good, graded on 'Mark Calloway is 100 years old' scale. Both this and the Brey Wayat, Shane matches were not good matches. His loss to Lesner should have been it... I think it would have been, if not for Sting. Then they just milked him after Sting retired, without any real direction. Shane match was meaningless. Wayatt match was pointless and buried an up and comer. Now we had a this is my yard match? Sorry Taker, maybe once year that was true... but, Cena has owned the yard for a decade. Reigns is Cena's heir, not Taker's. Taker put over Lesner... Reign's had no substance.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually I forgot about his match with Bray, that really could have been a proper handing off the torch to someone who could fill a role similar to the Undertaker. Problem is, creative really doesn't like Bray and I have no idea why, he is this generations Undertaker. Definitely a wasted opportunity.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Nah, apparently his view was that it was his job (the job of any veteran really) to go out on his back putting someone else over.
    Oh I know, just a joke.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ya I can't stand Roman(His role not the person himself), but I felt legit bad for him. There was moments you could tell he was holding back and looked like he was about to cry.

Thats the thing. Vince shouldnt be telling the people who to like, he should be pushing people that the people already like. Pushing people on the fans just pisses them off

10+ Year Old Account
    I highly disagree. Other than a couple hell in a cell matches, the undertaker never wrestled rough, whereas Terry Funk wrestled thousands of hardcore matches involving thumbtacks, fire, broken glass, barbed wire, and all kinds of foreign objects, and Abdullah the Butcher did the same
    You don't need all of that garbage to destroy your body, regular wrestling does far more damage in the long run than gimmicks that break the skin. Even so Undertaker did his fair share of "hardcore".

You have to understand, the Undertaker couldn't perform his signatures anymore, over the top Suicide Dives for a man his size was insane even in his prime. Old School is something he just couldn't do anymore. Anything from the top rope was risky for him. Last Ride required strength he just didn't have anymore. Tombstone was dangerous for him and others. The Undertaker wasn't allowed to look gassed, it was his gimmick. He could fight for 30 minutes and then"revive" and appear like he was full rested.

Terry Funk was no different, half of his moves he couldn't pull off well after his 50s. Hell he was struggling in his late 40s. Anyone can take blows if they have his kind of tolerance for it. I'm not saying he didn't have the ring ability but he was due to retire at 50.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    Screw that murderer.
    Shame really, I was a big fan of Benoit until what happened...

Thats the thing. Vince shouldnt be telling the people who to like, he should be pushing people that the people already like. Pushing people on the fans just pisses them off
    Yep couldn't agree more.

Sadly unless Vince retires (Will never happen) or dies (Hope doesn't happen anytime soon) that isn't going to change. Vice needs to just 100% hand the reins over to Triple H and Stephanie.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

Well said, their current direction has been failing for three years now and if they don't admit defeat soon it could really hurt business.

Have they forgotten how the fans hated The Rock before he became a bad guy? If they had never turned him his career would have amounted to nothing and Hollywood would never have looked at him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well said, their current direction has been failing for three years now and if they don't admit defeat soon it could really hurt business.

Have they forgotten how the fans hated The Rock before he became a bad guy? If they had never turned him his career would have amounted to nothing and Hollywood would never have looked at him.
    It makes me wonder if it just because most of the fans today just were not around back when The Rock first started because no one seems to remember how much people hated him back then. People think the chants against Reigns are bad, people actually chanted "die Rocky die" and the Rock.

I also wonder if turning Reigns would actually work out similar though. He just doesn't seem to have the natural charisma that The Rock has so a heel turn could just fall flat on it's face. Still, I think they should at least try. It's obvious that just continuing to push him forward is not working.

guy had a really long run, props to him, used to love watching as a kid... and tombstoning people onto beds, and into the pool

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashtwo View Post
    I see your Randy Savage and I raise you a Jimmy Snuka

(who I only just found out died this year, what the fuck)
    Ric Flair/Ricky Steamboat rivalry