Poll: Do you find the add offensive?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelorra View Post
    Pepsi is a bunch of pussies. Soon they will change the drink color, "cause it's black and racist and offensive"...

I think their logo is offensive, its missing the other colors of the rainbow, clearly discriminating portions of the LGBT community
    /s

So a domestic terrorist organization somehow thinks everything is about itself and Pepsi pulls their ad? This is why Trump won and still they don't get it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AceofH View Post
    how about the fact that a BLM group just banned non blacks from an activity? sounds pretty racist to me.
    https://wearechange.org/segregation-...delphia-event/

its actions like this that make it hard to take BLM seriously.

if you really want equality as you say, why would you ban whites?
    Oh I was actually going to check out the pride events at my school until I saw a listed event was "Safe space for LGBT students of color" which is not only racist, but also stupid for showing that they actually do have safe spaces at schools.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    A) that's not what they said
    b) it does trivialize it because it's trying to sell you sugar water!

And Pepsi has done similar themed ads for quite some time, coattailing off of Coke's "Give the World a Coke and teach them harmony" and "America the Beautiful" ads.

And it's just now racist for them both to do these type of ads?

I'll grant you it was in poor taste to use a Jenner/Kardashian as the Celeb in the ad, but the ad was about Unity.
    How to tell if somebody learned World Geography in school or from SNL:
    "GIBSON: What insight into Russian actions, particularly in the last couple of weeks, does the proximity of the state give you?
    PALIN: They're our next door neighbors and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska."
    SNL: Can't be Diomede Islands, say her backyard instead.

Quote Originally Posted by alexkeren View Post
    And Pepsi has done similar themed ads for quite some time, coattailing off of Coke's "Give the World a Coke and teach them harmony" and "America the Beautiful" ads.

I'll grant you it was in poor taste to use a Jenner/Kardashian as the Celeb in the ad, but the ad was about Unity.
    Whats wrong with Kendall Jenner?

So many racists willing to defend a Kardashian just because " Muh Black Lives Matter terrorist group"

Hilarious.

i like the add, not because of the heshe Kardashian but because it presents a simple solution to a very complicated issue, whenever blacks are in trouble with the law, just hand the cop a Pepsi and you'll be ok.

Quote Originally Posted by alexkeren View Post

PffffffffFFFFFFFFFFFFT, please. Sure the marketing gimmmick is "unity" but again, the only stake Pepsi has is to make money. I don't think it's racist just painfully pandering to a group that knows better.

Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    i like the add, not because of the heshe Kardashian but because it presents a simple solution to a very complicated issue, whenever blacks are in trouble with the law, just hand the cop a Pepsi and you'll be ok.

Kendall is all female, her father is now female.
    How to tell if somebody learned World Geography in school or from SNL:
    "GIBSON: What insight into Russian actions, particularly in the last couple of weeks, does the proximity of the state give you?
    PALIN: They're our next door neighbors and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska."
    SNL: Can't be Diomede Islands, say her backyard instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    It really was a stupid ad. It does really trivialize racism in the US and how much work groups like BLM go through to push civil rights.
    IF they can figure out how to do it right.

Hmm speaking of which, haven't had Pepsi in a while.

Pepsi is desperate, but BLM should just fuck off.

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    since black lives matter is a racist movement who gives a fuck if someone offends them.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    I think they should not have apolegized for making fun of such people.
    It is sad, ridiculous and a bit telling that you think a commercial that has love and peace splattered all over it is them making fun of anything.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

When is BLM matter going to die in a fire already?

Seriously.....it's one of the most unnecessary and idiotic groups/movements that has ever reared its ugly head in the history of humankind.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    since black lives matter is a racist movement who gives a fuck if someone offends them.
    Exactly. /10chars

10+ Year Old Account
    I think people need to stop being so fucking butthurt and offended at every little fucking thing, projecting artificially generated hate at everything, and just liven the fuck up. It's a goddamned commercial. If you don't like it, don't fucking drink Pepsi. Don't come to the internet and wring your crying pussy all over the place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bapestar View Post
    How does it show that lol? I don't expect you guys to side with BLM here. But if you can't understand, even a little bit, how this trivializes racism, then you will probably never get it.
    It was shown up until now with the BLM Kill all whites anthems through all their "peaceful protests".
    But I know, racism is ok unless you are white.

Kylie Jenner is an awful human being who'd I would rather not have to see. I'm deeply offended when her ilk appears in my room on tv.

That's the controversy right?

Of course it is offensive.

Why Pepsi even tries to advertise in this day and age is beyond me. Soda is only slightly less harmful than cigarettes and everybody knows this so when a commercial comes on trying to get me to buy flavored sugar water, I laugh.

Pepsi co is just another giant corporation that is out of touch with the real world. I mean who the fuck even cares about models or celebrities any more? This isn't the fucking 80s.

i didnt see anything fundamentally wrong with it, its just not a good time to comment on protests one way or the other.

Of course it is offensive. Trivializing minorities' struggle for civil rights and against brutality in order to sell sugar water is beyond tone deaf. Even worse using a Jenner, from a privileged racist family, as the face of the campaign. Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor With a Saber View Post
    the sheer number of crimes,deaths they have caused.
    What deaths?
    Last edited by Elba; 2017-04-06 at 11:35 AM.