Post 7.2 talent spending

Hey Fellow Boomies,

Just was wondering if you guys are spending your reset talent points in the new tree or bulking out some of the old stuff?

Is there an ideal spending path?

Thanks for the help in advance.

Regards,

Girth

Deleted
    Im not a boomy, but im pretty sure you want to go for the new "empowered" traits And complete it & then continue fill in on your old ones!

Have gone for golden traits, then filling in Dots > Falling star > Starsurge > Solar Wrath > Lunar Strike > whatever.
    Possibly not the most optimal, but accounting for aoe in Tomb, it feels like a strong path to take

Quote Originally Posted by wing5wong View Post
    Have gone for golden traits, then filling in Dots > Falling star > Starsurge > Solar Wrath > Lunar Strike > whatever.
    Possibly not the most optimal, but accounting for aoe in Tomb, it feels like a strong path to take
    I'm sure we will fill every older 3/4 traits before Tomb is even open, so I'd say take one that will help your guild on boss you're currently progressing on in NH, i.e. my guild is on Augur now, so I will probably go for Starsurge crit first.

You should go for the new golden trait, cause its a baseline 6% dmg increase, then you should just fill out w/e you want, you should sim your character and see what traits are the best for you (its gonnna be starsurge crit%>solar wrath dmg%>lunar strike crit%) but you can also fill out the dot dmg increase if you want, but its just important to get the new golden trait fast, then fill the rest.

Most definitely rush Circadian Invocation. It's by far more massive than any other DPS increase, even if it costs 6 points. Wax and Wane, since it's been buffed, is also fun to mess around with. Pretty blah in raiding, but it's not too bad elsewhere (also quite helpful for M+ this week; Explosive is an annoying affix and W&W 5 stacks really helps with those).

After getting CI, here's my planned route: Starsurge > Sunfire > Moonfire > Stellar Empowerment > Solar Wrath > Luanr Strike > Empowerment > Armor > 5% extra chance on a garbage ICD proc (Touch of the Moon). Dunno if this is optimal for DPS, it's just what I plan to do.

Quote Originally Posted by kroghelf View Post
    You should go for the new golden trait, cause its a baseline 6% dmg increase
    Just wanting to say it's also a 12% increase for our best 2 spells: Starsurge and Starfall, as well as any other Astral Damage you pick up from talents, traits (Echoing Stars), or elsewhere.

For AoE though, it's mostly only a 6% increase to Starfall and Sunfire (since you seldom Moonfire packs of mobs)
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.