Page 1 of 3
LastLast

What if I got all legendaries for my spec

I'm 1 off from getting all legendaries for one of my specs. I was wondering, what happens if I get all of them and keep my loot spec to that spec? Will it be impossible to loot any legendaries with that loot spec? If so, that's rather inconvenient if I want relics for that spec but also want a chance at legendaries (for the other specs).

I've asked this question numerous times, and no one's given a straight answer to it... never mind ever getting a blue response.

Someone's mentioned that you HAVE to change loot spec if you want to get Legendaries for other specs, which is just plain stupid.

You won't be able to get other spec specific legendaries unless you set that as a loot spec. So you will have to make the choice at some point. Do any of your specs share relic slots?

I´d say that is a very luxurious problem. Count yourself lucky that you got all spec specific legendaries and all common legendaries for your class and switch lootspec depending on needing relics from that boss or not.

Seems quite obvious to me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Feuerbart View Post
    I´d say that is a very luxurious problem. Count yourself lucky that you got all spec specific legendaries and all common legendaries for your class and switch lootspec depending on needing relics from that boss or not.

Seems quite obvious to me.
    Agree, its a luxury problem at its finest.

Dont worry about it, change your loot spec when you need relics, the chance/BLP increase from a boss here and there is not very important statistically. It only really matters when you have a big amount of raid kills

Quote Originally Posted by Kyuuseishu View Post
    You won't be able to get other spec specific legendaries unless you set that as a loot spec. So you will have to make the choice at some point.
    A very bold statement. So how do you know? Any blue post? Or at least any circumstantial evidence you can provide (for example an armory link of someone not getting a legendary after obtaining all for two or three month)?
    Not that I don't agree that this is most probable the right answer, but you make it sound like it is definitive truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Daitan View Post
    I'm 1 off from getting all legendaries for one of my specs. I was wondering, what happens if I get all of them and keep my loot spec to that spec? Will it be impossible to loot any legendaries with that loot spec? If so, that's rather inconvenient if I want relics for that spec but also want a chance at legendaries (for the other specs).
    Do we have a term for 'first world no lifer problems' yet?

Someone in my guild said that if you had all the legendaries for one spec, your next legendary drop would correspond to whichever spec you had most artifact points in.

No idea what his source was, as he was talking to someone else in our discord and I was focused on something else at the time.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    A very bold statement. So how do you know? Any blue post? Or at least any circumstantial evidence you can provide (for example an armory link of someone not getting a legendary after obtaining all for two or three month)?
    Not that I don't agree that this is most probable the right answer, but you make it sound like it is definitive truth.
    Logically, it won't drop. If you check that legendary journal in game for your spec, what you see there is whats in the loot table. This works the same way on the bosses loot journal, thus it's very plausible to assume that your not getting other spec legionaries even if you have all of them.

Not sure but I seem to get loot for every spec randomly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because it is the definitive truth. You won't see (in this case) Aff Locks get Fel relics from random boss drops as the default loot spec (if you are using it) is set on Affliction, while on the other hand if the said Lock is in Aff spec has changed loot spec to Destruction, then Fel relics (and Fire as well) will start dropping.

In short: Choosing loot spec lets you net a higher chance for drop for said loot spec; you can filter out loot to a certain degree (relics being one example) by doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesshomaru View Post
    Because it is the definitive truth. You won't see (in this case) Aff Locks get Fel relics from random boss drops as the default loot spec (if you are using it) is set on Affliction, while on the other hand if the said Lock is in Aff spec has changed loot spec to Destruction, then Fel relics (and Fire as well) will start dropping.

In short: Choosing loot spec lets you net a higher chance for drop for said loot spec; you can filter out loot to a certain degree (relics being one example) by doing so.
    But legendaries don't follow the same loot rules. We can simply tell from the increasing BLP. What makes you certain there isn't a system implemented that checks if you have all legendaries for your spec, and then starts dropping legendaries for other specs (heirloom weapons from Garrosh say hello)?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    Not sure but I seem to get loot for every spec randomly.
    Some legendaries are bound to another spec or all of them.
    I recently got Uther's Guard on my Paladin, as Retribution, and is clearly meant as a supportive legendary in the same way as Norgannon's Foresight and not like those regarding direct power, such as Darckli's Dragonfire Diadem (Mage Fire head, gives 100% damage, etc). From the effect of the bracers, it can be used by all 3 specs and such would be deemed as 1 to the "legendary counter" for all specs

Feretory of Souls, a legendary which I've been hunting since the release of these legendaries, still misses my attempts at grabbing them, despite being usable on Destruction as well as Demonology (Demonbolt/Hand of Gul'dan).

But legendaries don't follow the same loot rules. We can simply tell from the increasing BLP. What makes you certain there isn't a system implemented that checks if you have all legendaries for your spec, and then starts dropping legendaries for other specs (heirloom weapons from Garrosh say hello)?
    My comment was in approx. the wavelength with the one he quoted (should've specified that), meaning when you acquire a legendary, it will be bound to a loot spec, for instance Reap and Sow Affliction cape won't drop as Demonology or Destruction.

Whether or not it actually can drop from having all legendaries (those spec-shared and class-shared ones as well) in a certain spec hasn't been talked so much about as I personally have to witness someone actually proclaiming they have all available legendaries for their said spec and show me some proof they got another spec legendary despite not being (/using the loot spec) for that spec. (Bit of a tonguetwister, but don't have any idea how to make it sound better).
    If anyone knows someone or is that specific individual, please do open a thread on MMO-Champion or Reddit so we can either debunk the myth or prove it.

As far as the heirloom weapons, I did not attempt much at the raiding scene at that time as with the introduction of flex (the new "normal") and thus did not collect even half of the weaponary, only those consisting with the classes that actually could equip them at the time. Frankly, I never did any "heirloom run" back then, although I faintly do remember such words was uttered.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesshomaru View Post
    Whether or not it actually can drop from having all legendaries (those spec-shared and class-shared ones as well) in a certain spec hasn't been talked so much about as I personally have to witness someone actually proclaiming they have all available legendaries for their said spec and show me some proof they got another spec legendary despite not being (/using the loot spec) for that spec. (Bit of a tonguetwister, but don't have any idea how to make it sound better).
    If anyone knows someone or is that specific individual, please do open a thread on MMO-Champion or Reddit so we can either debunk the myth or prove it.
    That's exactly my point. He said as a statement "You won't be able to get other spec specific legendaries unless you set that as a loot spec." without any further proof, and you replied with "it is the definitive truth". But the whole topic is about what happens when you have all legendaries for one spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's exactly my point. He said as a statement "You won't be able to get other spec specific legendaries unless you set that as a loot spec." without any further proof, and you replied with "it is the definitive truth". But the whole topic is about what happens when you have all legendaries for one spec.
    True, my mistake for getting absorbed into the comment made by @Kyuuseishu and thought it was initially about obtainable legendaries whether it was the first one, second one or even the third one, and not about the "spec-cap" dilemma.

Still, I'd like to ask someone who have all available legendaries (cross-spec like Feretory of Souls (Destruction/Demonology) or cross-class like Norgannon's Foresight (Mages, Priests & Warlocks) including spec-specific ones to still use the loot spec and see if something drops outside of your legendary-filled loot spec.
    Obviously with pictures provided.

If it doesn't let you loot any, I would think and hope the game would still let you accrue bad luck protection toward the next time you loot something as offspec (emissary or something that matters less to you). With MS legendaries off the table it's less risky looting as OS anyway

The main reason I stated it was due to an interview regarding legion content with it being stated "Your spec determines the legendaries that can drop" source. I read this as the legendary drop table you have access to depends on your spec and therefore other spec specific ones are locked out (They said it should be nearly impossible to get duplicates, so there must be a small chance to). If they are stating there is a small chance, then you could infer that getting ALL obtainable legendaries for a spec would mean the next one would be a duplicate.

Obviously that is my own opinion and inference of the information available and the reality could turn out to be something different, however it seems the most feasible at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Update on the case, @Puri, @Kyuuseishu and the rest who would read this thread.

Someone posted on Reddit showcasing his situation of having all 10 available legendaries for a spec (see Guardian specific ones in the link).

This means if you for some reason have gathered all spec specific, cross-spec and cross-class specific legendaries, your only option is to swap for a different loot spec in order to acquire other legendaries for those specs.

Take it with a grain of salt, though, as others commenting on the Reddit thread above had a different reaction from a different GM earlier on in the expansion. @BeerWolf for visibility.
    Last edited by Sesshomaru; 2017-04-06 at 07:19 PM. Reason: Spoof read the comments on Reddit.

Deleted
    Yeah as Sesshomaru points out, GM says if you have them all, you don't get any more.

Sucks I guess, but its a luxury problem.

I'm on 11 legendaries and some people in guild still have 5 etc.

Does anyone know if legendary bad luck protection builds up even if you got all legendaries? I just got all legendaries for my class(Warrior) and why I'm asking is because if they add future legendaries I want to have best possible chance for my main spec.