Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cysia View Post
    for dragonkin id want them to have a mortal form and a dragon form as ground/flightmount.
    My idea was more like the Worgen-Human-form concept, or even without the mortal-form.
    But I'm flexible

With a concept like the Worgen-Human-form, you can ride other dragon-mounts as your mortal form, or ride/fly in your own dragon-form.
    Most likely and easy to sell, I think.

New races?No I hope not, SUB races (Ethnicity) yes please.
    Dark Iron , "Untainted" Orcs/Black Rock , Red Dra etc.
    No real "need" for a New group , just reskin the old ones, Blizz LOVES reskins= Content.

15+ Year Old Account
    Depends largely on the content of the expansion. My top picks:

South Seas with Undermine and ogres (hired by Gallywix, natch) for Horde and Kul'Tiras and high elves (Silver Covenant loyal to Jaina) for Alliance. Kind of a long time coming, being the two classic WC2 races that aren't playable. Just give high elves a unique silhouette and hairstyles to distinguish them from blood elves and it'll be fine.

Legacy expansion focused on revisiting and rebuilding the Classic world (like Cataclysm but in reverse): subraces with content focused on race identity instead of class identity. IE forging new racial artifacts.

Void expansion: K'aresh with neutral ethereals. Everyone wants this.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to see Arakkoa for the Alliance, and Ogres for the Horde. I don't mind if they come from Draenor or current Outland, and they could even have undiscovered tribes if they're from Draenor.
    If they were from Outland (Like Ogri'la and Skett-ians? Skettis-folk?), they could just be fleeing the dying planet in the intro experience, and then come to Azeroth to survive.

If no new races, then I'd like to see the sub races added-Dark Iron and Wildhammer dwarven skins and Dragonmaw and Mag'har orc.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

Deleted
    I've been thinking for a while now that Draenei and Blood Elves are becoming neutral in the next expansion.

Alliance get to play High Elves.

Horde get to play Eredar.

Stood in the Fire Grapefruitsnz's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Everytime we start to approach a new expansions announcement, I pray to any deity listening that Ogres get announced as a playable race. This year will be no differant.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Iconja View Post
    Draenei and Blood Elves are becoming neutral in the next expansion.
    Wut? Oo
    Any source about this?

And why so many player wants to play ethereals?
    I dont get it, what is so special about them? They dont even have features to distinguish one from another!

They look like mummy clothed arcane entities... I doubt they ever become a playable race.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jawz View Post
    Wut? Oo
    Any source about this?
    I said I've been thinking of this, as in I think this is going to happen.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jawz View Post
    Wut? Oo
    Any source about this?
    Maybe don't edit out the part where they said "I've been thinking for a while now that". They're speculating.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iconja View Post
    I've been thinking for a while now that Draenei and Blood Elves are becoming neutral in the next expansion.

Blood elves aren't going to go neutral, there is no reason for them to. Orcs would never accept Eredar into the Horde. They would kill them.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by thedingleberry View Post
    No new races. It requires work to create new races, so Blizzard will find a way to avoid it. I mean look at 7.2. You just plop a bunch of already created demon models on a barren grey landmass and call it a new zone. That must have taken them a whole week to create.
    Nevermind the fact that they are also working on an entire new planet + future expansions. Don't be such a dingleberry

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Flavour Cat View Post
    Maybe don't edit out the part where they said "I've been thinking for a while now that". They're speculating.
    Well, i took it like he wrote it like a fact. In the meaning of:

Now that Draenei and Blood Elves are becoming neutral in the next expansion (like i know this will happen as a fact), I've been thinking for a while (about the new possible races).
    (And i come up with: )

Sorry if i misunderstood. English is not my motherlanguage.
    Last edited by mmoc18f7b69303; 2017-04-06 at 12:49 PM.

Naga probably will be a neutral race, join the Horde/Ally after your starting zone.

Classes:
    Warrior, DK, Hunter, Shaman, Rogue, Mage, Warlock, Priest.

New class combinations as well
    Night Elf Paladin
    etc.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    blizzard said before they didn't like neutral races but didn't wan't to deny anyone pandaren. I could see arakoa for Horde and Alliance one side flightless the other not etc, but I doubt we will ever get a race that is the exact same on either faction again.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    blizzard said before they didn't like neutral races but didn't wan't to deny anyone pandaren. I could see arakoa for Horde and Alliance one side flightless the other not etc, but I doubt we will ever get a race that is the exact same on either faction again.
    You really believed that?

Blizz loves laziness and there aint a hope in hell they will design 2 new starting zones for 2 new races now sure i have been wrong before just like i predicted this new internet thing is just a fad but hey a stopped clock is right 3 times a day!

If they do add new races. Then at least make a "Monster" race for the Horde and a "Noble" race for the Alliance.
    A monster race that can fit in well along with Orcs, Trolls and Taurens. While some sort of a noble race for the Alliance.
    The monster race could bring back a little of the classical tribal/clan nature of which Horde originally or well mostly was of.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    If we do get a new one, whatever it is, please just make it a neutral race.
    TBH where can they really go except neutral?

All the races of azeroth have been played out and yes ogres and furbolgs have been played out that there is nothing to get excited by playing one except for RP unless blizz wants to go there

A new badass race has to be neutral otherwise blizz has to make 2 bad ass new races and lets face it we all know blizz isnt gonna spend the dev time on that!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Agreed. I LIKE Pandaren, but there is always a sense of weirdness whenever I play one which eventually led me to race changing my Monk to being a Tauren. I thought for a time it was because, as people said, the Pandaren didn't make sense in the Horde.

But I rolled an Alliance character not too long ago, Pandaren of course, and I felt the exact same thing. A sense of rootlessness, of unbelonging. It's not that they don't fit into the Horde, or the Alliance, it is that their very neutrality leaves them in a weird place. They don't feel fully part of either faction and that mars the experience.

Continued neutral races would serve only to dilute the remaining differences between Alliance and Horde. This should be resisted. What would also dilute the differences are repackaged versions of existing races.

So NO High Elves...guys it's been over sixteen years already. High Elves seriously are not happening at this point...or more truthfully they are not happening again. It's time people accepted they changed names and swapped sides and are already playable as of this moment. I mean think about it. If Blizzard had kept calling the group we now call Blood Elves 'High Elves'...would we even be having this debate?

As for Eredar...Nooooo. That race is already playable as the Draenei, they are a major Alliance race, it would be unfair to the Alliance to give the exact same model albeit red to the Horde...and the Eredar are demons. Them being Demons is a huge deal if you think about it. Besides the way this expansion is going there may not be any Eredar left at the end of it...

My personal choices if we were to get two new races would be as follows.

Naga for the Horde. If the next expansion goes where we think it will go, the Horde needs a strong connection to Queen Azshara that the Alliance already has through the Night Elves. There is the issue with them not having legs (and therefore being unable to mount) but I would solve that in one of two ways. Either the faction of Naga we get will already have legs...for reasons....OR we get a transforming race ala Worgen who change into Highborne (Blood Elves basically) when they mount up or at will.

Classes would be Warrior, Shaman, Hunter, Rogue, Mage, Priest and Warlock

Ogres for the Alliance. Yes, I know, Ogres are a traditional Horde race. There are already Ogres in the Horde. Why would you give Ogres to the Alliance? Well, firstly, High Elves were a traditional Alliance race and they ended up on the Horde. So why shouldn't Ogres join the Alliance as a sort of recompense? Secondly, Ogres are unlike ANYTHING else in the Alliance whereas in the Horde they'd be stepping on the big beefy and tribal role held by the Taurens. Finally, a South Seas expansion is the last chance to add them in really. We know there is an Ogre homeland called Ogrezonia somwhere...this could be the chance to add it.

Classes would be Warriors, Shamans, Hunters, Rogues, Monks, Mages, Priest and Warlock.

Seven months to go till we find out.

P.S. Usually in the run up to a new expansion High Elf threads get ridiculous. I've been through two cycles now of people who REALLY want Alliance High Elves getting their hopes up only for those hopes to get dashed time and time again. I hope this time there could be a certain of amount of realism regarding that particular race. Basically, ANY race in the game can be added unless they have previously been added. Good rule of thumb.
    Last edited by Obelisk Kai; 2017-04-06 at 01:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgath View Post
    Naga, most probably with feet.

Next expansion is Azshara and there will be a rebel Naga force which will join with Blood Elves on the Horde side and Night Elves on the Alliance side.

It' will be like Pandaren, a neutral race.

I hope they add skins to the game as well though, I really want a Man'ari warrior.
    No foot fetish here, only real nagas, give em a passive that gives stats (based on ilvl) to make up for not being able to wear pants and boots. Redesign sets so there's no pants/boots in them.

Or just give them special look, like some kind of decoration at the end of the tail instead of boots and some kind of cape looking thing that cover the entire (or almost) tail instead of pants, these are all easy to solve issues in term of practicality (but will take a while to redesign every single piece of boots/pants in the game to suit them). Or even more simple, make pants and boots add skin/fin customization to the character model (kinda like druid forms), should be less work, only make a couple for the old items, lots of re-use, who gives a shit about old items seriously, it's not like you'll have to make them match for a transmog if they're all skin/fin visuals instead of actual gear.

I very badly want to play a Naga, ever since WC3

PS. Yes the Vashj'ir zone made me wet (PUN INTENDED)

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see any new races, apart from ogres for horde, But maybe iron dwarfs, lepro gnomes, highmaul tauren, mag'har orcs and so on.

I also think they should make Warcraft 4 that is even better then Warcraft 3 and then wow 2 :P. even though wow can keep going forever... because we grown on it and stil keep playing and newcomers will join it. But if they stop counting money from pet store and make Warcraft great again then should make epic storyline and stop that TV series and stop listening to small idiots.
    Last edited by bison91; 2017-04-06 at 01:39 PM.