Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythruss View Post
    I think that the timing of the invasions is perfectly fine. The burning legion is a constant threat so it makes sense that they can invade us at any time, catching us off-guard. The actual rewards from the invasions aren't mandatory, making it perfectly fine for a person to miss an invasion. It would appear that so much of the uproar from the community about the timing of the invasions draws from some perceived need to complete EVERY invasion and never miss a single thing ever. Obviously the requirements to complete an invasion in each zone precipitated this to some degree, but I think the real culprit is a "must do everything" mindset that many players have. This xpac has really shown how alive and dynamic the world can be, and in an ever changing world, it's impossible to experience every single event that occurs (much like the real world). My advice is to enjoy the world at your own pace and find your own experiences. After all, it is just a game.
    Aren't these Invasions needed for upgrading class hall? Not to mention 1500 rep every week is vital for getting flying. These arbitrary limitations fuel the mindset... If these Invasions lasted 6 hrs and restarted again in 2 hrs nobody would complain

Quote Originally Posted by dumathoinn View Post
    This is not true at all. Right at the start of the blue post it talks about people and work and putting an achievement that required you to be on during a specific time was pretty stupid. If they did each zone twice a day then maybe but once is a no. It has nothing to do with with people complaining enough get with the real world kid.
    You work = you'll get achievement few days later. Big deal. Is that so hard to understand?

10+ Year Old Account
    I suppose because people are ultimately disappointed with the invasions and expected a fix to these, not to the flying achievement.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm definitely not complaining but it seems like a lazy way of fixing the the issue the invasions have. They should be day long events and if someone finishes them they should be phased into the regular zone so they can continue with the WQs there.

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    Like Blizzard said, invasions disrupt normal gameplay in the zone. Making them last longer or be more frequent would still piss off a lot of people.
    What do they mean with disrupting normal gameplay? Lower level players can even benefit from it as extra bonus objectives for leveling and for max level characters it's just different World Quests.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Igi View Post
    Invasions spawn at random hour every day, just because they spawned at 9 am on the first day, and players who work couldn't do them, that doesn't mean you should complain straight away. I mean come on, so you will get flying few days later, big deal. And now they removed the requirement because of it... what's next, "i play 15mins per day and i can't get revered with legion offensive, remove that too".
    I think you're being a little obtuse... 3x they have spawned at stupid timing

The spawns were just way too low and random, and for the people who've already jumped through the part one hoops for flying, it added another RNG time gate.

Personally, I think Blizzard hadn't thought through how they were potentially locking people in the future out of flying if the invasions aren't permanent, or as people lose interest and the queue for the scenarios become a bit of a nightmare, as well.

But, in the here and now, the timing of the invasions should have been dealt with instead of removing them, as well as the bugs addressed. Felt less like Blizzard caving to fans (which honestly they SHOULD do from time to time when they make seriously stupid decisions, but it's silly to accuse them of always doing it since legendaries are still in game and the AP grind only got worse) and more like they just didn't want to take the time to really fix things.
    This particular part of the patch went live with a ton of bugs and concerns that were brought up on the PTR and never addressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Selvarion View Post
    People didn't want them removed though, they wanted them to be accessible reliably by people not able log on at 4 am or during the work day. Yes they know eventually they will happen when they are on but its a shit system. The decision to remove them from the achievement is less giving into player demand and more Blizzard refusing to admit their system is trash.
    yea, sometimes i want to watch the playoffs. i just cant though - im at work. perhaps they'll reschedule. entitled kids these days.

reminds me of iphones ngoing on sale at like 3am est iirc. Do i want to be up at 3am when i work the next morning? Nope! Do i want the iphoen bad enough on time to do so? well thats a call i have to make. I either get up and pre order, or I get the iphone late. My choice.

#worldsgoingtoshit

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    Like Blizzard said, invasions disrupt normal gameplay in the zone. Making them last longer or be more frequent would still piss off a lot of people.
    People levelling loved the frequent invasions beforehand because they rewarded awesome exp

10+ Year Old Account
    Also keep in mind that the invasions are here to stay for a long time. They aren't one-off events. You'll likely still be doing them 3-4 months from now.

Deleted
    They should have just made the invasions more regular, EUs was at 2am or something.

I thought they were going to be like the pre-patch invasions, 1 or 2 up at a time, or at least a new one every 3 hours or so. Im indifferent to them being removed though, even though i only get to play a few hours a week currently, i would have got the invasions eventually im sure.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythruss View Post
    Also keep in mind that the invasions are here to stay for a long time. They aren't one-off events. You'll likely still be doing them 3-4 months from now.
    I would hope in 3-4 months we would be doing something different

Quote Originally Posted by Igi View Post
    Personal opinion : It shows that Blizzard will do what players want if enough of them complain. It might sound like a good thing but considering 99% of players ideas i see on this site are completely retarded (sorry for using that word) I'd prefer them not to cave in every single time.
    And they ignore the ones that are reasonable

Such as suggested changes to the tank challenge scenario. Cause a dps check for a tank solo challenge is not what I had in mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Another reason they suck on such an odd timer is because everyone is content starved. This was supposed to be "the biggest patch for any game on earth EVARRRRRR"! yet after about 45 minutes, you're done with 7.2 content.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    It's weekly though
    Can you provide a source for that?
    This quest is part of the legion campaign (check the achievement) and all other quests are one time only.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Peggle View Post
    They should have just made the invasions more regular, EUs was at 2am or something.

I thought they were going to be like the pre-patch invasions, 1 or 2 up at a time, or at least a new one every 3 hours or so. Im indifferent to them being removed though, even though i only get to play a few hours a week currently, i would have got the invasions eventually im sure.
    Most people did and frankly that was all that needed fixing

Quote Originally Posted by Interim View Post
    yea, sometimes i want to watch the playoffs. i just cant though - im at work. perhaps they'll reschedule. entitled kids these days.
    It has little to nothing to do with entitlement. People weren't complaining because they didn't want to do invasions. People were complaining because the current schedule made them very difficult for people to do. Blizzard had two choices, either remove it as a requirement or up the frequency. They chose the way that deprives players of actually playing the game.

They could have made it so every six hours the invasion moves to another zone. They could have made it so it counted as a daily quest and you were only able to pick one zone per day you wanted to assist. There are numerous ways they could've still gated them yet still given players more options to actually do them.

They're not. They're complaining about how removing the requirements for flying didn't solve the issue of people not being able to experience the content.

"Oh, you are complaining about never being able to see something? Well now we're telling you that seeing it isn't important, you're welcome." was Blizzard's solution. I've got friends who haven't seen a single invasion yet because they've either been asleep or at work during the times they spawn. It's ridiculous that Blizzard even went for the design they did with them when the pre-Legion 7.0 invasions were fantastic on their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Interim View Post

reminds me of iphones ngoing on sale at like 3am est iirc. Do i want to be up at 3am when i work the next morning? Nope! Do i want the iphoen bad enough on time to do so? well thats a call i have to make. I either get up and pre order, or I get the iphone late. My choice.

#worldsgoingtoshit
    Except in those cases you know when those events take place, and can plan if they're important to you. If Blizz had been upfront about when the invasions would take place, people wouldn't have been so stressed about it. Having big chunks of content that pops up randomly isn't engaging gameplay, it's frustrating.

And on the other hand, saying that people are being "entitled" to not want to get up at 3am to play a game is a bit much. I would say that the normal opinion would be that it's pretty poor to ask your subscribed base to treat game content like the Switch launch.

15+ Year Old Account
    If u cant play for 45min in hours between 02am and 08am on an weekday u dont deserve flying /s
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s