Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Pulled it off after about 50 tries yesterday, ilvl 901 or so equipped, with neither Prydaz or Achor, so it's definetly doable without those.

I used Raddons (cheese your Eye beam on the ice shards and use all the soul fragments cleverly), and Delusions, which let me get Meta off more often, and of course the Demonic build with Fel eruption.

For P2 I swapped head back to tier head (didn't have 4 set for P1) and used Mo'arg but actually forgot to take Bloodlet so I had the standard raid build and just burned him down. After the 2 minute mark when CB and Nemesis came back up, I could Meta aswell because of Delusions, and I just fucked him up while he was spawning 3rd set of adds on me (YOLO'ed for the kill, instead of running away with the adds cause he was at like 4% when he started spawning them).

I used pretty much the gear you see here on armory, except for the Legendary swaps I mentioned, and the same gloves but 875 with Leech on them.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...t/Dorph/simple
    Last edited by Dorph; 2017-04-06 at 06:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Laronda View Post
    For those of you that are having trouble doing this without prydaz/achor/moarg and also hate the talent switching for some reason, hopefully this will help you out a bit.

Hey man just wanted to say, using your method got me the most consistent runs.
    I failed to even get to the void walker phase so many times til i did it your way.

The first time i made it there, didn't have the dps to kill the boss. The second, i stood in the black shit without noticing and took too much damage to catch up.

If US had another day to do it, i'd probably get it down.

So many attempts i got tunnel vision and forgot the timing of his spells and making my way to the middle. Failing on transitions.

Gotta wait for the Mage tower to cooldown now and come back up. RIP

Quote Originally Posted by VooDsXo View Post
    You just realized WoW, now you can kill everything AOTC Mythic. LOL EVERYTHING IS 98% Mechanics 2% DPS why do you think any DPS is easily replaceable?
    They're not, lol. If a DPS is skilled in your team and does high DPS he/she is not easy to replace. And everyone and his mother can do mechanics.

If you're talking about soaking and cheesing, we're getting into specific terrain and we can start asking ourselves what mechanics are.

just did it.

NO DEFENSIVE legendaries whatsoever.

phase 1 spec: 3333313
    phase 2 spec: same

legendaries:
    phase 1: cini + sephuz
    phase 2: cini + bracers moarg

I have absolutely no Problem on P1/P2 even without Defensive Legendaries, Soul Rend ist just nice when you can Leech yourself up from 5% to 100% in literally 1 Combo.
    My Current Problem is the 2nd Boss i pretty much run out of Space (900 ilvl, Ring, Shoulders, Belt and Head legendaries) i think if i would play the Phase a few more Times i would get it, currently im really ineffecient, wasting alot of Possible Space. Another Problem are the 3 adds if i run Normal CB/Nemesis build i Struggle to kill the adds.

This has been pissing me off so many times.

Thank you for the new ideas and strats!

I also had a few attempts where I died to the creeping shadows - it does so much damage and the slow makes it pretty brutal if you don't notice it immediately.

I found making a weakaura that popped up an icon and air horned at me if I was standing in it did the trick and helped me react slightly quicker.

https://wago.io/EkpGGXypz

I think the most important thing is to not fuck up and put your points into old traits with a raised pt cap and get 42. That shit helped so much.

Deleted
    Would like to give 2 more tips:
    1: If you have it, use the Royal Dagger Haft trinket that drops from Trilliax for P1. It turns a would-be killing blow into a DOT that you can pretty easily overheal if you pop meta. It saved me on my final attempt from eating a shadow orb.

2: At the end of P1, you want to switch your gear and spec. Make sure fel eruption is not on CD as you can't switch it for Nemesis and make sure meta is off CD and ready to go. Having all possible DPS here helps a lot.

Did it after like 60 tries today, 904 equipped ilvl. The biggest issue for me in P2 was the switching of gear and spec fucking up. Once I had my burst ready, I had quite some space left. Used leggo shoulders + bracers for P2. Chest + shoulder for P1 as well as a dinner bell (for stamina) and this royal dagger haft. Was about to give up when I finally got it.

Quote Originally Posted by pr0fite View Post
    I have absolutely no Problem on P1/P2 even without Defensive Legendaries, Soul Rend ist just nice when you can Leech yourself up from 5% to 100% in literally 1 Combo.
    My Current Problem is the 2nd Boss i pretty much run out of Space (900 ilvl, Ring, Shoulders, Belt and Head legendaries) i think if i would play the Phase a few more Times i would get it, currently im really ineffecient, wasting alot of Possible Space. Another Problem are the 3 adds if i run Normal CB/Nemesis build i Struggle to kill the adds.
    I struggled with this too for awhile. I'm not sure how far you're getting away but remember there really isn't anything considered "too far" since after you kill the adds you'll probably be standing around for 1-2 seconds anyway waiting for the boss to catch up to you so feel free to go to the opposite side of the room. When the adds spawn: Open with Fury of the illidari, chaos nova and eye beam > keep Throw Glaive on CD for the slow and the bloodlet DoT > fel rush, blade dance, chaos strike and fel blade as fillers.

I'm not sure how far away from the boss i get but i usually stay in melee range of the boss continuing to DPS to build fury until about 3-4 seconds left on the debuff. I double fel rush and then just run at normal speed away from the boss until the adds spawn. If i had to guess it would probably be around 70-80 yards away from the boss. Sometimes i cut it close and the adds are dying right as they make it to the shadow on the ground. Other times i luck into an Inner Demons proc and i wipe them out in a few seconds so you'll need a bit of leeway. When you say Ring legendary i dunno if you're referring to Sephuz or AotHG but if you're referring to sephuz i found it valueable for the adds because you can proc it with chaos nova. Handling the adds efficiently is the most important part of that phase because the faster they die the quicker you can get back on the boss.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pr0fite View Post
    Make sure his first shadow pool is right at the edge (he places it under himself), otherwise as it spreads from the center is fills the room quicker.

Quote Originally Posted by Seyon View Post
    Has any1 considered using the Tichondrius trinket with active leech for the havoc-challenge? wonder if the damage loss is worth it, becaue it is my highest item-lvl trinket (would use either this at 895 or 890 foci) and it would add another "healphase" in addition to achor's / meta. Since I only can equip 893 without loosing 4pc bonus probably on the lower end for doing it. Does any1 know dps requirements for p2?
    boss has 91m HP and depending on how well you kite the entire floor will be covered in shadow roughly around 3:30. So pure single target damage you would need approx. 450K. And then whatever burst is required to kill the adds in time.

And no the leech trinket is not neccesary or worth it. Demonic/Soul Rending and proper interupt/CC is more than enough to survive xylem phase, even without a defensive legendary (i did it with Raddon's/Sephuz). As far as the burn phase is concerned, Meta leech will keep you at 100% for the first minute and healthy through the first set of adds. As people have already suggested, leave the soul fragments from the adds on the ground to pick up later as you kite the boss back. Use blur immediately after the first set of adds to stay healthy. Hopefully you'll get a few shattered souls off the boss while you're dps'ing him to keep you alive until the second set of adds which you can again use to heal yourself in beteween the boss beating on you. As long as you don't mess up the kite and take a tick or 2 of the shadow on the ground the boss melee should not be enough to kill you unless you get super unlucky with shattered souls or you waste them by picking them up at 100% HP.

@Skyepic no i mean AotHG ;S iam one of those Lucky DHs that got all Good Legendarys so far (Got Boots in Between Shoulders and Ring)
    @Zyalo ty, mate didnt know that have to keep it in mind once i attempt it again.

I managed to finish it yesterday as well with about an hour left at around 902 ilvl. It took me about 50 tries with half of those using the wrong spec and then learning Demonic (never played it before).

P1
    spec - 3323223
    legendaries - shoulders/sephuz (I used chest for maybe 40 pulls before realizing I never needed the extra healing. I used the shoulders with cof to make sure I had meta back up at the start of P2. With all the interrupts, sephuz provides a substantial dps boost.)
    Frost phase is mostly a joke. I interrupt the first cast at start or after getting out of razor ice to drag him back to mid. I then use eye beam to get meta up. If razor ice is up, I will use my eye beam to hit him as well as a ton of adds. This means a lot more souls. If you are in the center when he casts razor ice, some will pass through the beams and be on your side. I never really needed another kick after the first on each teleport because of meta leech and souls. When he does razor ice, I do the usual Chaos Nova/double jump/FR to get to him and interrupt and drag him to mid to eye beam the adds as well as him.
    For the transition the first is easy since you should be in mid. Using FR twice you should easily be able to reach him. For arcane phase I interrupt all the barrages I can using consume/FE/imprison. I actually forgot about using chaos nova as well but that is another one you will have. I save arcane torrent for draw power. Use eye beam when you miss 2 casts and haven't gotten lucky on souls to heal up.
    The transition from arcane is harder as you will mostly be on the opposite edge. For this I used FR to get close and then meta on top of him.
    Back in frost is just like last time. Interrupt after razor ice and drag him as close to mid as possible. You usually wont get close enough to be able to eye beam adds and him but it shouldn't matter. You should have eye beam up after each razor ice.
    If you get another transition here, it will be harder to make. As soon as he teleports you need to VR. If you do, two fel rushes should be able to reach him and then you can finish him off in arcane phase the same way as before.

P2
    spec - 2233311
    legendaries - bracers/ring
    Prepot and use all cds on pull. This will allow you to get another set of cb/nem at 2 mins with your second pot. Make sure to save fury for the adds. When the debuff has about 3 seconds left I ran out to spawn adds. I used fury then chaos nova. One charge of BL and then eye beam. Usually I can chaos strike here and use my other TG along with the third TG when it comes off cd and if needed.
    For the boss, habit made me keep using BD even without FB until about the last 5 tries. I made sure to use BL on the boss whenever charges capped (and used 1 more when running away for the adds). Somehow I managed about 850k dps in the last phase and killed him after the 2 min mark with CB/nem/second pot. Had probably about a third of the platform still left.

For the gear switch I made equipment sets so it was easy and I wouldn't mess it up or waste time. Then just use a tome to switch talents. As someone mentioned, try to keep FE off cd so you can switch to nemesis in time.

My item level is 891 and I'm having many problems killing images...Sometimes I'm able to kill one sometimes not. My leggos are boots, belt and prydaz, I have to go with boots because I have also a 895 belt, while the other boots I have are 870 IL. I guess I have to wait a bit to try again.

Anybody manage to do both the havoc and the vengence one? I'm already planning the next mage tower visit so I can do vengence, and I'm wondering if I should plan on spending as much time (47 tries on havoc), with probably a solid 10 of them in p2 (took me awhile before I finally went demonic and got a kill). I'm obviously a slow learner, so should I expect it to take more time or less time.

Is there a pre req to starting this quest? For some reason the quest does not show up for me. I have the shards and am 110....I must be missing something.

Quote Originally Posted by Ehwall View Post
    Is there a pre req to starting this quest? For some reason the quest does not show up for me. I have the shards and am 110....I must be missing something.
    Where are you? It's down in NA but up in EU.

Deleted
    omg i finally did it...an hour before mage tower shut down on eu

used raddons and mo'arg. damn...