Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    Either those are some massive straws you're grasping at or you failed to read that they were warned that it's very difficult to do right now.

*cough* Green Fire quest *cough*

You still sound exactly like someone who's crying about not getting it asap regardless of whether you play the game or not.
    I know they warned, on the other side they sold it as a "prove that you fully master your spec" + bragging rights. When gear matters that much this is just marketing rubbish.

Green fire was kind of different because general consens of this encounter ist and was that even when its easier with better gear, skilled players could do it even with the minimum gear requirements. The artifact challenge just shows you the finger when you're too low, dont have 4p, BIS legos, wrong trinkets or simply a disadvanted spec. thats a fact.

I might sounded like that, but its still different. Feel free to read my first post in this thread again that went like "I am glad i dont need to do it because i have more appealing transmog". You just put me in the box that helped your own argumentation. your tried (hard) but it didnt work.

Deleted
    I thought you weren't going to nerdfight over opinions? You seem highly opinionated for someone who doesn't even play the game.

They're not only about ilvl. The assassination one for instance can be made easier with the legendary legs but the encounter still has mechanics that can wipe you if you're not coordinated or using your defensives properly.
    Last edited by Gully Man; 2017-04-06 at 12:53 PM.

Deleted
    So you're totally unaware of the fact that people were warned that this isn't for current gear levels and that only a select few will be able to achieve it?
    Can you provide a source for this

Deleted
    Honestly, I just wish they'd fix the mechanical problems with some encounters. Sick of dying to Comet Storm 20 yds from the AoE zone.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Its in blue post on the front page:

I get that these appearances are the new hotness and everyone is after them, which causes frustration. However, it's worth noting that the solo challenges to unlock the new appearances are intended to be just that; a challenge. We don't expect the majority of players to obtain them within the first cycle of the Mage Tower being constructed.

Our aim for these challenges is for them to be comparable to that of the green fire questline for Warlocks in Mists of Pandaria. In that case, only a few Warlocks were able to defeat Kanrethad immediately, but more and more were able to overcome the challenge as the expansion progressed.

As we progress through the course of Legion, your character will become stronger (through Artifact progression, gear upgrades, etc), which will naturally ease the difficulty of these challenges. Likewise, as more and more players complete these challenges, more community generated content will appear giving advice for those who are struggling.
    I am not saying they cheated us or its wrong how they set this scenario up BUT well it just is another part of Blizzards overall WoW strategy and this is in fact baiting and milking. Lure people in with promises of great content and then gate it behind week long grinds (grind nethershards, grind flying rep, grind AP, grind gear to make that challenge etc.). I am not salty about the challenge itself i am salty about how obvious their hidden promise much/deliver little strategy gets by it.

Just think about the first patch (was it 7.0.5?) they told us "Theres a new questline and story about illidan!!". Guess what it was: A single fucking quest that let you farm 60 (or so) something from dungeon bosses with a weekly cap of 10...
    Last edited by mmoc442be69514; 2017-04-06 at 01:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Something that has its difficulty based on mechanics and execution has a longer lifespan than something which has its difficulty based entirely on gear score.

Throw in ilvl scaling, and if it's mechanically challenging, then the content could potentially last past the expansion. Whereas making it a gear check pretty much ensures that it will be obsolete soon.
    If they made it scale with gear, all the godawful players who are already whining(because they also have bad gear) would keep whining forever, because they'd never be able to overgear it and stomp it. Making it scale with you would be a pretty bad idea for Blizzard.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Easy. 10char

Deleted
    Easy. 10char
    Fair enough

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Dunno, it was pretty simple to do for me. I've only done the Ret one and don't really care about the others. That said, I wouldn't want to do this shit in Joe LFR's gear or even just being bad. Maybe it is hard if you're in shit gear or are a mediocre player. If anything, that's good right? Like they are getting an actual challenge?

The green fire comparison is very unfair. That shit was tailored specifically to warlocks and, until you were familiar enough with it or geared enough, to one spec of warlocks. I mean yeah you probably could have done it as Demo or Affliction right off the bat but I didn't and hardly anyone got it right away as anything but Destro. I imagine if they tailored every encounter to every single spec, you'd have people crush it easily. I bet once the raid's been out a little bit and the mage tower is built again, people will effortlessly do it in normal Tomb gear.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Saafiaxo View Post
    It would've been nice for them to actually have something to do with artifacts. Like casting your artifact ability at the right time or using it to somehow defeat the foe. I dunno why they even called it "artifact challenge"
    This. /10 char

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't find anything skillbased, challenging or hard about these artifact scenarios. They were pretty much 90% gear based. The mechanics were fairly straightforward.

15+ Year Old Account
    Depending on the challenge you are talking about, it is about skill and not gear. The God Queen's Fury encounter only has a dps check of a little more than 300k dps (have to dps down 6 million health in 20 seconds). Everything else about the encounter is skill based. If you find it easy, congrats! To say it feels to scripted, well it is. It has to be to some degree. I can only speak about this encounter as I haven't tried the other ones, but here's what it involves:

Council fight: 2 warrior type/1 caster

Warrior 1: Melee damage. Spreads poison on the ground. Throws a spear. Gains an AoE aura for 26 seconds that deals 700,000 damage per second. Calls Valkyr that must be dodged.

Warrior 2: Melee damage. Throws rotating axes (should be dodged). Enrages dealing 500% increased damage. Does Bladestorm which is a gravity effect whirling attack.

Caster: Minimal spell damage. Occasionally uses a shield that must be broken. Casts Ancestral Knowledge which is a 1 shot mechanic.

Additional mechanics: 1. Runes of 3 sizes which must be run over before they detonate. Golden orbs placed to restore health.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ImpTaimer View Post
    Blizz knows what "hard" means. It's a vague buzzword to push the carrot on a stick.
    mhm...
    That's what the game's mechanic is since, wait... 2004.

Blizzard doesn't care about skill. Skill doesn't pay the bills. Forcing players to grind RNG pays the bills.
    No, subscriptions pay the bills.
    Neither skill nor rng do.
    PvP has been a lost cause since Cata cause Holinka is just hemorrhaging money with his terrible ideas.
    And I could have sworn I've heard this in BC, WotLK and so forth, every single year. Someone always whined about how PvP was broken.
    Yet, I am pretty sure that not the game is broken, but the expectations of random people, who simply don't understand that they've bought and use a product under "as is" condition. It's up to the person to then decide whether they like and use the product continously, or not.
    That simple!

I guarantee most of the players upset with Mage Tower because it meant "faster access to flying".
    No..
    Pretty sure most people knew how choosing the Mage Tower results in additional AP.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

It should be a skill challenge, with scaled gear. Instead its a gear check and legendary check. Blizzard doesn't know how to make a proper skill challenge without always ruining it with a gear check.

Easy. 10char
    You realize this post was after release, right? Not a good example of warning there.

OT: my biggest qualm is having to spend shards for every attempt (once you have the gear ofc).

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    It's based on gear not skill. It's rediculously easy, because you can just outgear it later on in the expansion.
    Well it`s part of the class campaign, so pretty sure if there comes more campaign stuff (argus maybe, in 7.3) they dont want people to be way stuck on the broken shore

Quote Originally Posted by Scifix View Post
    Well it`s part of the class campaign, so pretty sure if there comes more campaign stuff (argus maybe, in 7.3) they dont want people to be way stuck on the broken shore
    No it's not part of the order hall campaign. It's just one quest for your artifact to get an appearance. Just like the questline you have to do with the raiding content, it doesn't involve any story

Deleted
    Doesn't feel like a gear check too much to me. Prydaz buffers, allowing for a mistake, doesn't trivialize, and more DPS helps in that it shortens the time you have to not make a mistake massively (because at some point you end up killing adds endlessly on the WW one, I suspect). I like it.

I almost completed the fury warrior scenario. I was just missing a couple key legendaries.