Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by nmityosaurus View Post
    I wouldn't say it's a disgusting practice. If you have the money to buy a few extra tickets to resell for a profit it's not really a huge deal. Resellers do it all of the time with pretty much any product you can purchase.
    If it's not a huge deal, why do more and more companies choose to bind tickets to name? It's because they don;t ultimately want their end customer to have to pay extra to someone who just wants to rip them off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wtf:
    US $2,500.00 for 2 (TWO) Blizzcon 2017 General Admission Tickets & Goody Bags
    Don't sweat the details!!!

I wouldn't say it's a disgusting practice. If you have the money to buy a few extra tickets to resell for a profit it's not really a huge deal. Resellers do it all of the time with pretty much any product you can purchase.
    What if a company intentionally released a small quantity of tickets at normal price, then as time went on they slowly started releasing more for higher prices each time? Would you say it's a disgusting practice then?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    Because, Jaylock, scalping in and of itself is a disgusting practice. It's just people punishing other people and forcing them to suffer for things that they want. If they were selling tickets to a Trump rally, and people were buying them with the intention of not going and instead selling them five, six, or seven times the price to people who wanted to go, I'm pretty sure you'd be pissed off.
    Its called supply and demand.

The value of the tickets are much higher than what they are being sold for, and the guy posting them on ebay decided to use his asset (the tickets) to get fair value in the open market from them (ebay).

Scalping is a common practice because of this very fact. Its not disgusting, unethical, its just common sense and good business. Anyway, you are free to your own opinion though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post

The value of the tickets are much higher than what they are being sold for, and the guy posting them on ebay decided to use his asset (the tickets) to get fair value in the open market from them (ebay).

Scalping is a common practice because of this very fact. Its not disgusting, unethical, its just common sense and good business. Anyway, you are free to your own opinion though.
    This. Scalping is common and a easy way to make some extra dough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    This. Scalping is common and a easy way to make some extra dough.
    It is also illegal in some places and almost universally seen as a shitty slime ball activity.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post

Using that logic you should be able to push your way to the front of the lunch line, buy all the food and sell it at double the cost to everyone at school.

Why didnt you do that?

Why don't you go to the gas station, buy all the gas, and then sell it at twice the price?

Head to every small town in the country and buy out all the food and over charge for it!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillern View Post
    "IM LOOKING AT A THING I DONT LIKE, I HAVE THE OPTION TO GO AWAY FROM IT BUT I WILL LOOK MORE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE THING I DONT LIKE BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT, NO ONE IS FORCING ME TO SEARCH FOR THIS THING OR LOOK AT THIS THING OR REMAIN LOOKING AT THIS THING BUT I AM ANYWAY, ITS OFFENDS ME! ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!"
    Troof

Quote Originally Posted by Whitedragon View Post
    I was at checkout when it said they sold out... closest I have ever come, oh well take 2 on Saturday...
    Here's how I always am able to get them before they're gone:

1. Log in ahead of time.
    2. Type out your credit card number in a word doc.
    3. Type out your email address in a word doc and copy it.
    4. Memorize the expiration date and 3-digit code.
    5. Refresh page until you're in line.
    6. Line pops, select number and put your own name on each ticket as the attendee.
    7. Paste your email address in each email address line for each ticket.
    8. Copy your credit card number from word doc.
    9. Paste credit card number and type in expiration and 3-digit.
    10. Done.

This checkout process takes, at most, 30 seconds. Universe's setup is not really susceptible to bots like with Amazon or other online retailers with one-click options that you simply buy, charge to a card on file, and ship to a location on file. Everything is manual. You just have to be fast.
    Last edited by Oftenwrongsoong; 2017-04-06 at 03:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Ok the fact that the tickets sold out quickly isn't the issue. It's how they sold out.

Universe (who sold the tickets) has shown to be just awful right now. They have no bot protection at all. No captcha or anything that will at least slow them down. Not only that but the phone app was atrocious. The system in place was just begging for bots to eat it up.
    yes universe sucks so bad, why its not done and tied to b.net accounts is crazy, i doubt that many people that buy tickets don't have at least a family member with b.net. I tried and failed this time as i got the same webpage error as last year. The demand for them crashes the site so hard... At least this year there wasn't the cached page exploit (that i know of) were if you got a ticket you load a cached page and by more without waiting in line.

i'll try again saturday for friends, but i got the dinner the night before and thankfully those tickets dont have the same level of demand.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

And they say we don't suffer from overpopulation
    Money talks, bullshit walks..

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Wtf:
    US $2,500.00 for 2 (TWO) Blizzcon 2017 General Admission Tickets & Goody Bags
    A fool and their money.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yot View Post
    What if a company intentionally released a small quantity of tickets at normal price, then as time went on they slowly started releasing more for higher prices each time? Would you say it's a disgusting practice then?
    Ya they're not doing that though. They are selling tickets on a first come, first serve basis. Calling it disgusting is being totally over-dramatic.

Ya they're not doing that though. They are selling tickets on a first come, first serve basis. Calling it disgusting is being totally over-dramatic.
    Blizzard isn't doing that, but people are. So it's disgusting if a company were to do that and suddenly not so when individuals do it?

The solution to people flipping them on ebay is making them non-flippable like they do with some festival tickets these days, where the tickets are tied to your ID and you need to prove your ID along with showing the ticket.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Had my whole guild in line, only one person got through to buy tickets.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yot View Post
    Blizzard isn't doing that, but people are. So it's disgusting if a company were to do that and suddenly not so when individuals do it?
    There's no real comparison here, also who said it would/wouldn't be disgusting if a business did this. An individual has every right to try to make a profit on their own purchase, why is this disgusting practice?

There's no real comparison here, also who said it would/wouldn't be disgusting if a business did this. An individual has every right to try to make a profit on their own purchase, why is this disgusting practice?
    Unless they can be hit with anti-scalping laws, yes an individual has a right to make a profit but doesn't make it less disgusting. Point being their profit is coming directly from exploiting others.