Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    The constitution was drafted by men, just out of a bloody independence war, looking toward harsh time ahead and a country to build.

I think it is fair to say that time has changed, situation, context has changed, the united states of america is not the same as it was in 1789.
    I have always been a believer that laws should evolve as society evolve to fit the world.

The constitution is an important document of the past, but it's a 200+ years documents, it need to be actualized, modernized.
    America has its own army, it's own law enforcement agencies, it's own government, it's not at risk to crumble under exterior threat.

I'm sorry, the more i see it, the less need for guns i see for a modern western society to have (for its civilian). If i have to choose between a gun or a master's degree, what will help me more in the current society?

I am not against armies or local armed law enforcement agencies, just against firearm sale to civilians. It is not needed and causes insecurity.
    I know the argument, protecting oneself, against stronger aggressors. And in some occasions, guns save life. But in so many more guns take lives.
    It basically creates much more problems than it solves.
    The same threat to individuals that existed then, exists now. I mean it is still possible your home will be broke into and there are still people getting raped and killed. :P
    And the ruling from the Supreme Court ( Heller case ) said the 2nd amendment can be used as a right for a individual for self defense apart from the militia. So you see. The Supreme Court's opinion is the most important opinion, because it is the one which gives us the right to exercise our rights if they are challenged. :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Driving license for example. At least here. I assume a health check is required there for a driving license as well.

The person buying the gun, of course. Who else?
    Not a very comprehensive one. Not a full physical I mean. They check your eyes and also to see if you have any special needs from a handicap.

So the poor can not exercise their Constitutional right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Good fucking lord. First of all: Can we get a round of applause for that hero of an 11 year old? Taking not just a bullet, but three bullets for his defenseless baby sister is to be fucking commended.

Secondly: Can the asshat that did this get locked in a cell forever? It's clear that they were looking to harm young children, at a fucking birthday party for fucks sakes.

Thirdly: It can only be a miracle of modern science that an 11 year old can take 3 gun shots and live. What a little badass.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Quote Originally Posted by Yot View Post
    Unlikely considering he lost a kidney, his appendix, and he's homeless. Article said he's expected to make a full recovery, but I don't see how he's going to grow an appendix and kidney back.
    lol wut?

You need to read up a bit on common knowledge before posting.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    So the poor can not exercise their Constitutional right?
    ..........lol what?
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Deleted
    Do i have to comment that?

I dont have to remind americans that voting a president who supports the NRA will not change anything about restricting gun availability, do i?

10+ Year Old Account
    Appendix is useless, and you can live a normal life with one kidney. Kidneys can be transplanted, too.

How is it possible that a kid is homeless by the way?
    And now we have the real issue on why things like this happened.

Society is sick.

10+ Year Old Account
    ..........lol what?
    I know you are not dense. You think mental health doctors are cheap? A full mental evaluation is not free here. :P

Deleted
    That guy deserves to get laid when he gets older.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The same threat to individuals that existed then, exists now. I mean it is still possible your home will be broke into and there are still people getting raped and killed. :P
    And the ruling from the Supreme Court ( Heller case ) said the 2nd amendment can be used as a right for a individual for self defense apart from the militia. So you see. The Supreme Court's opinion is the most important opinion, because it is the one which gives us the right to exercise our rights if they are challenged. :P
    i don't think i'll ever change the mind of hardcore gun enthusiast, i'm not even a good debater.

I just think that the 2nd amendment is outdated and was written with a different historical context than today.
    The USA is not a lawless country, it's not a kill or be killed country, it's a civilized country.

I am not naive, i don't think american civilians will ever surrender their right to bear arm and shoot people, not in 500 years, not in 1,000 years. But i still think it's a major flaw in american society (alongside not access to free education, but that's another topic).

Yes USA may be the strongest country of the world, and to be honest, i'd rather live in USA than the vast majority of other countries, i still think the american society and laws have major flaw in it.

Like i saied, this is not the wild wild west anymore, america is not a lawless country, citizzn don't need the right to have and bear arm anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    Do i have to comment that?

I dont have to remind americans that voting a president who supports the NRA will not change anything about restricting gun availability, do i?
    You assume right. Because apart from the laws we already have on firearm restrictions, there is no need for more.

"Someone did something after shots broke out at a toddler's birthday party" is the most hilariously American thing I've read this week so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravex View Post
    lol wut?

You need to read up a bit on common knowledge before posting.
    I'm aware of human biology and the fact an appendix is largely considered a vestigial organ. Let me spin it this way so maybe you can understand. Let's say you had a hard drive with a capacity of 1 terabyte. Then somehow the drive failed but was able to be recovered except after recovery it now has a capacity of 800gb. Would you say your hard drive fully recovered?

Deleted
    You assume right. Because apart from the laws we already have on firearm restrictions, there is no need for more.
    I believe the only way to save your country from 12.000 gun homicides per year ( compared to 80 terror deaths per year ) is to declare the NRA illegal and a terrorist organization itself, to disallow gun usage outside of military, hunting and sports clubs and to disallow arms dealers any kind of lobbyism or commercials or PR actions for private customers.

10+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    i don't think i'll ever change the mind of hardcore gun enthusiast, i'm not even a good debater.

I just think that the 2nd amendment is outdated and was written with a different historical context than today.
    The USA is not a lawless country, it's not a kill or be killed country, it's a civilized country.

I am not naive, i don't think american civilians will ever surrender their right to bear arm and shoot people, not in 500 years, not in 1,000 years. But i still think it's a major flaw in american society (alongside not access to free education, but that's another topic).

Yes USA may be the strongest country of the world, and to be honest, i'd rather live in USA than the vast majority of other countries, i still think the american society and laws have major flaw in it.

Like i saied, this is not the wild wild west anymore, america is not a lawless country, citizzn don't need the right to have and bear arm anymore.
    Depends on where you live here. lol. But all it takes is one case of you needing a firearm to effectively defend yourself or your loved ones, for one to appreciate the value and meaning of the 2nd amendment. Which can happen to anyone, at any place exposed to the public. Or even in the privacy of your home.

7+ Year Old Account
    Brave kid, hope he makes it.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    what a sad world country we live in, i am trying to find info on what lead to the shooting.
    ftfy :d
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

If the kid had guns it would of been fine!

But seriously, that is one brave kid.

Deleted
    Appendix is useless, and you can live a normal life with one kidney. Kidneys can be transplanted, too.

How is it possible that a kid is homeless by the way?
    Because right wingers dont give a shit about kids?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    I believe the only way to save your country from 12.000 gun homicides per year ( compared to 80 terror deaths per year ) is to declare the NRA illegal and a terrorist organization itself, to disallow gun usage outside of military, hunting and sports clubs and to disallow arms dealers any kind of lobbyism or commercials or PR actions for private customers.
    Same goes for private transportation with the same amount of deaths or more per year.