Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    The goal of the ACA is to insure everyone at a fair cost, like single payer, force insurance companies to cover everyone regardless of per-existing conditions like single payer. This is why you get fined if you don't have insurance, companies are now forced to insure everyone who works full time (which is why low income jobs mostly went part time). But the fine is minimum to a young healthy person who doesn't make much money and family plans are forced to cover children to their 26 even if that 26 year old works somewhere and can get insurance on their own.

So yes, it's trying to be like single payer system. I support the merits of the ACA but it fails at it miserably.
    And it's still better than the replacement hogwash that was almost pushed onto us. So somehow, Republicans found a way to make something already annoyingly bad, worse, to the point where the original iteration 'ain't so bad anaymore jennay'.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Quote Originally Posted by paralleluniverse View Post
    And it proves my point that ACA haters, Trump is one of them, have no idea what the hell to do.

Children being allowed to stay on their parents plans up to age 26 isn't an example of the ACA "fucking itself". It is a benefit that's priced in. By such idiotic logic, ACA should also ban family plans so that healthy individuals pay into the system instead of clinging onto the family plan.

And btw, the only thing stopping single payer is Trump and the GOP.

Healthcare inflation is at a record low and premium inflation has massively reduced thanks to the ACA.

Expanding subsidies helps the middle class, by reducing their health care costs, it also induces more healthy people to buy, thereby reducing premiums for everyone. By such idiotic logic, you don't support single payer because you don't want to raise taxes and should stop pretending you do.
    You obviously have no clue how health insurance works, or you one of those people who have others pay for your health insurance if you think the ACA is remotely going well. Plenty of experts say it shit, my cost have risen substantially, as well as others because of ACA, there is documented proof of this. Keep your head in the sand though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    And it's still better than the replacement hogwash that was almost pushed onto us. So somehow, Republicans found a way to make something already annoyingly bad, worse, to the point where the original iteration 'ain't so bad anaymore jennay'.
    Which is why my first comment was the Republican plan was so bad it made the ACA look good, the only thing I liked about the republican plan was better tax deduction for healthcare cost. Right now you can only deduct what's over 10% of your income.

Quote Originally Posted by Eviscero View Post
    Do you seriously hate seeing a black person upset the power status quo so much that you're going to try to suggest that Republicans deserve credit for the ACA and try to diminish the role Obama had in bringing it to fruition? Your statement is so ignorant I don't even know where to begin. It is almost universally accepted that Obama worked his ass off to get the ACA passed. Meanwhile the Repubs promised and continue to promise to repeal the ACA, have stated that it's the worst thing to ever happen to healthcare, that it's in a death spiral and will eventually implode on its own.

How a human brain can get as twisted as yours is a mystery.
    Technically obamacare is in a death spiral. That's different from the healthcare system being in a death spiral. Insurance companies are dropping the Obamacare plans because they only lose money. The only people jumping on those plans are the sick people that the government pays for because the plans costs are so high, and the government doesn't pay enough for the huge costs for those people. If you have no insurance providers providing the healthcare plans of obamacare, then "Obamacare" plans are dead. People who still have healthcare plans through work are not in that death spiral. So let's be clear here, the people who are being hurt by Obamacare, are not the people with good jobs and good healthcare plans, it's hurting the people just out of reach of getting their healthcare paid for by the government.

Why Health Care Premiums Are Rising Under Obamacare

The Obama administration acknowledged on Monday that premiums for health care plans created under the president’s signature Affordable Care Act will rise substantially next year — another hiccup for the law, also known as “Obamacare.”

Insurers are set to raise the premiums for plans sold through HealthCare.gov by an average of 22 percent in 2017, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services said in a report. This is approximately triple the percentage increase from 2015 to 2016, when premiums increased by 7.5 percent.

10+ Year Old Account
    You obviously have no clue how health insurance works, or you one of those people who have others pay for your health insurance if you think the ACA is remotely going well. Plenty of experts say it shit, my cost have risen substantially, as well as others because of ACA, there is documented proof of this. Keep your head in the sand though.

- - - Updated - - -

Which is why my first comment was the Republican plan was so bad it made the ACA look good, the only thing I liked about the republican plan was better tax deduction for healthcare cost. Right now you can only deduct what's over 10% of your income.
    Yeah, the only thing good about the healthcare was tax deduction. The tax credit nonsense they were drafting. I just wonder sometimes 'what were they thinking?'.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

15+ Year Old Account

The Obama administration acknowledged on Monday that premiums for health care plans created under the president’s signature Affordable Care Act will rise substantially next year — another hiccup for the law, also known as “Obamacare.”

Insurers are set to raise the premiums for plans sold through HealthCare.gov by an average of 22 percent in 2017, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services said in a report. This is approximately triple the percentage increase from 2015 to 2016, when premiums increased by 7.5 percent.
    Makes sense, republican-led states didn't expand medicare funds for their state exchanges, this is a consequence of legislative inaction.
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

10+ Year Old Account

Because "It's the law of the land, now" and "we failed to make a good enough replacement despite having 7 years of bitching to do it."

Gonna see a lot of Obummer blaming for this nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    Ignorance doesn't mean it's fake. Just because you don't understand how things work doesn't mean that it's fake. Otherwise Trump would be a duck. (Because I don't understand how he works, he doesn't do anything except preen and quack. Therefore he must be a duck)
    First you take several university courses in statistics. Where if the curriculum is done correctly and you have an excellent professor or in many cases TA(grad student) you find out how polls are conducted and the problems with them. By the time you finish said courses you should have a valuable understanding on how polls fail most of the time. FACT!

Quote Originally Posted by Noblia View Post
    First you take several university courses in statistics. Where if the curriculum is done correctly and you have an excellent professor or in many cases TA(grad student) you find out how polls are conducted and the problems with them. By the time you finish said courses you should have a valuable understanding on how polls fail most of the time. FACT!
    Sounds like you were a victim of grade inflation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

7+ Year Old Account
    Saying FACT doesn't make it true. FACT! Lol. So you have heard of someone who has heard of someone who is in college. Congratulations.

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Sounds like you were a victim of grade inflation.
    I was hoping for a rebuttal about how this fucking FAKE poll is somehow accurate but hey an ad hominum attack by someone that lacks any understanding of statistics and polling is fine as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    Saying FACT doesn't make it true. FACT! Lol. So you have heard of someone who has heard of someone who is in college. Congratulations.
    It is actually fact... I know I just blow your mind. There are an amazing amount of books written about polling and how they are mostly if not always wrong. Do a google search... you know what they say, reading is learning.

I was hoping for a rebuttal about how this fucking FAKE poll is somehow accurate but hey an ad hominum attack by someone that lacks any understanding of statistics and polling is fine as well.
    You didn't provide anything to rebut. "I had good prof and TA therefore I know stats and I can tell how polls fail most of the time" is not an argument. Assuming you were talking about yourself, that is. Why don't you point out, using statistical concepts and techniques, what is wrong with the poll?

And what I wrote wasn't an ad hominem. It was just a plain insult. It can't really be an ad hominem, when you think about it. Because for an ad hominem, the person using it rejects an argument by attacking the person. Since you didn't actually give anything remotely resembling an argument, it can't apply.
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

7+ Year Old Account
    Anytime the government gets involved, they screw it up. should have never even gone down the path of insurance, it was about control, not help, it was about making sure more people where dependent on gov. , not self-reliant. It’s about votes. More of the same, forcing those who have to pay for those who-have-not by an elite group of self-righteous idiots who themselves won’t even use the plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    You didn't provide anything to rebut. "I had good prof and TA therefore I know stats and I can tell how polls fail most of the time" is not an argument. Assuming you were talking about yourself, that is. Why don't you point out, using statistical concepts and techniques, what is wrong with the poll?

And what I wrote wasn't an ad hominem. It was just a plain insult. It can't really be an ad hominem, when you think about it. Because for an ad hominem, the person using it rejects an argument by attacking the person. Since you didn't actually give anything remotely resembling an argument, it can't apply.
    So what you are saying is that you TROLLED ME(which is normally an infraction from what I understand but it seems only for those not supporting FAKE news or FAKE polls) on purpose by insulting me(and it is an ad hominem attack-thanks for coming out though) You have nothing to add that this poll is full of shit like most if not all polls. There is so much bias when polling from samples to questions to who does the statistical analysis... it is manufactured bullshit for little minds to believe in. Like I said to your brother, do a google search on polls. You might learn something god willing.

There's documented proof of this like how there's documented proof that you can never seem to find showing that DNC rigged the primaries!

Produce the proof. Oh right, you never will because, you can't, just like last time. Just dodge and run away like a loser like you always do when asked to produce the proof.

It's you that has no idea how health insurance works. You're desperately projecting because I totally destroyed your arguments and you have no counterargument:
    Children being allowed to stay on their parents plans up to age 26 isn't an example of the ACA "fucking itself". It is a benefit that's priced in. By such idiotic logic, ACA should also ban family plans so that healthy individuals pay into the system instead of clinging onto the family plan.

Healthcare inflation is at a record low and premium inflation has massively reduced thanks to the ACA.

Expanding subsidies helps the middle class, by reducing their health care costs, it also induces more healthy people to buy, thereby reducing premiums for everyone. By such idiotic logic, you don't support single payer because you don't want to raise taxes and should stop pretending you do.
    So what did your post say to respond to these arguments? Nothing. When you have no counterargument, and can't defend your own indefensible bullshit, you lose.
    Last edited by paralleluniverse; 2017-04-06 at 05:07 PM.

I strongly suspect the support has come as a direct result of Donald Trump somehow putting forth a proposal that's even worse, not because they actually like the ACA.

So what you are saying is that you TROLLED ME(which is normally an infraction from what I understand but it seems only for those not supporting FAKE news or FAKE polls) on purpose by insulting me(and it is an ad hominem attack-thanks for coming out though) You have nothing to add that this poll is full of shit like most if not all polls. There is so much bias when polling from samples to questions to who does the statistical analysis... it is manufactured bullshit for little minds to believe in. Like I said to your brother, do a google search on polls. You might learn something god willing.
    A large part of statistics is quantifying and controlling those sorts of errors. Ergo, you need to present some sort of actual statistical arguments. Such as what types of errors were present in these polls, and argue why and/or if the errors were large enough to make the results unacceptable.

If all you can offer up is 'there is so much bias from samples to questions', then I question what on earth you were doing in that stats class.

Quote Originally Posted by Narwal View Post
    Technically obamacare is in a death spiral. That's different from the healthcare system being in a death spiral. Insurance companies are dropping the Obamacare plans because they only lose money. The only people jumping on those plans are the sick people that the government pays for because the plans costs are so high, and the government doesn't pay enough for the huge costs for those people. If you have no insurance providers providing the healthcare plans of obamacare, then "Obamacare" plans are dead. People who still have healthcare plans through work are not in that death spiral. So let's be clear here, the people who are being hurt by Obamacare, are not the people with good jobs and good healthcare plans, it's hurting the people just out of reach of getting their healthcare paid for by the government.
    Simply untrue and time will prove you wrong since your guy isn't the amazing closer he claims to be.

Everyone got a taste of what our Republican legislators can draft up.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Probably because the republican plan was so bad it made the shitty ACA look good.
    or maybe once people stop blindly following the GOP's insistence that the ACA is so god awful, they actually realize its not half bad for a start toward universal coverage.

- - - Updated - - -

We've already been through this but you refuse to discuss how your company is responsible for the mess that your insurance is not the ACA. You get your healthcare from your employer. Your cost have risen 95% because of the cost of services and the shifting of cost to the employee vs the employer. 5% because of the regulations of the ACA.

the total cost of insurance is rising at a rate lower or equal to the rate prior to ACA.
    Yet people are somehow paying multiples more for insurance at the companies they work for. It's called cost shifting.

its easy to figure out

Go to your last 4 W2's and look at box 12 code DD.

compare that number to how much you pay each year.

I guarantee you are paying a much higher % now then you were 4 years ago, on top of the premium rate increases. Making it look like the cost of the insurance is going up 30-40-50%

On top of that now go back and look at your deductibles, copay and coinsurance over the last 4 years. More cost sharing shift.

Your company, as you have said in the past, has no problem blaming the ACA because its a simple scape goat when in fact it has way more to do with them then then ACA

But this is just rehashing a discussion with data, charts and links we have had in the past. You'll just keep harping and linking one off articles like you have done in the past.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    None of those points have anything to do with single payer. A single payer health care program would eliminate the need to traditional US health insurance providers. The single payer in the US would be medicare in a hypothetical scenario if we had it. All citizens would pay into it like they do currently with medicare and medicaid. This gives the government absolute leverage over prescription drug costs, medical operation costs, etc.
    really because right now Medicare can't do shit with prescription drug cost thanks to bush's little gift.