Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquinan View Post
    Hey guess what, after a mass shooting in Australia and we handed our guns in, tightened laws, and stopped importing them. There were less guns to steal, to become illegal guns! Fancy that. Now getting one is pretty much impossible / prohibitively expensive. It does work.

OT: Any new on why this kid got shot?
    Australia didn't have to deal with the NRA either. There's never going to be a change in the US Gun Culture, there's way too much money on the line.

Besides, Canadian/Quebecer here, just dealt with a mass shooting in January while its insanely hard to get your hands on a firearm legally here. Crazies always find a way.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Lets say a person already has a firearm from a gift or what ever. But he is poor enough that 200 or more can make a difference if he eats that week or not. You are effectively denying a person the right to exercise a Constitutional right because they are too poor to afford it.
    Okay, explain driving license then. Driving on the public highways is a constitutional right. Yet a driving license is required.

Same as voting, if you require a person to have a photo ID before they can vote, the government must pay for the cost.
    Nah that's just bullshit - some third world country level shit.

- - - Updated - - -

And not so sure it would be 200 max cost from a mental doctor here. :P
    https://www.bariatricpal.com/topic/5...-a-psych-eval/

Just a few examples from your country. 220 dollars, 300, 370 , 400, 250, 400, 175 etc....
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Okay, explain driving license then. Driving on the public highways is a constitutional right. Yet a driving license is required.

No it is not. It is a privilege Here in the US at least.

15+ Year Old Account
    No it is not. It is a privilege Here in the US at least.
    Wrong, again.

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/us-su...blic-letennier

You really don't seem to know much about your own country and its laws.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.bariatricpal.com/topic/5...-a-psych-eval/

Just a few examples from your country. 220 dollars, 300, 370 , 400, 250, 400, 175 etc....
    The requirement for a voter ID or the cost should be covered by the Government?

So possible 400 depending on where you live. That is not cheap.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GrieverXIII View Post
    Australia didn't have to deal with the NRA either. There's never going to be a change in the US Gun Culture, there's way too much money on the line.

Besides, Canadian/Quebecer here, just dealt with a mass shooting in January while its insanely hard to get your hands on a firearm legally here. Crazies always find a way.
    Black market guns are extremely rare in Canada. Only 2% of violent crimes in Canada are committed with a firearm. It drops well below 1% when you also take into account non-violent crimes.

Despite americans plugging their ears and burying their heads in the sand, gun regulations work.
    Last edited by Tyrianth; 2017-04-06 at 05:35 PM.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

15+ Year Old Account
    The requirement for a voter ID or the cost should be covered by the Government?
    The non-requirement for a voter ID.

So possible 400 depending on where you live. That is not cheap.
    It's not exactly expensive either when compared to gun prices.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wrong, again.

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/us-su...blic-letennier

You really don't seem to know much about your own country and its laws.
    Your link says no license is require ether. lol. Try that here. And come on...just make your remark without the jib. :P

The Amish here can travel down the public highway in a horse drawn buggy without a license and have the Constitutional right to do so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Explain that to the Democrats then.
    I sat alone in the dark one night, tuning in by remote.
    I found a preacher who spoke of the light, but there was Brimstone in his throat.
    He'd show me the way, according to him, in return for my personal check.
    I flipped my channel back to CNN and lit another cigarette.

15+ Year Old Account
    Your link says no license is require ether. lol. Try that here. And come on...just make your remark without the jib. :P
    Exactly, just because something is a constitutional right doesn't mean other laws don't apply as well.

The Amish here can travel down the public highway in a horse drawn buggy without a license and have the Constitutional right to do so.
    Of course. The last I checked a horse is not a motorized vehicle.

10+ Year Old Account

It's not exactly expensive either when compared to gun prices.
    Well, we do not require a voter photo ID in a lot of places. Most places more than likely. But the point was, if the law starts to require too much cost for the citizens, then there has to be provisions for some who are poor to be compensated. Esp. if we are dealing with a Constitutional right.

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly, just because something is a constitutional right doesn't mean other laws don't apply as well.
    Well, I agree with that. But your link said the Supreme Court ruled no license is required. Yet States still do. A violation of one's Constitutional rights? This is not the same thing going on as a fundamental right as the 2nd amendment I do not think.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquinan View Post
    Hey guess what, after a mass shooting in Australia and we handed our guns in, tightened laws, and stopped importing them. There were less guns to steal, to become illegal guns! Fancy that. Now getting one is pretty much impossible / prohibitively expensive. It does work.

OT: Any new on why this kid got shot?
    You live on an island... EVERYTHING that comes into Australia gets checked by customs. We live next to Mexico.

Very tragic and hope the kid makes it. As for the homeless situation, are there not safeguards for children? How are they still living with the parents in the street?
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well, I agree with that. But your link said the Supreme Court ruled no license is required. Yet States still do. A violation of one's Constitutional rights? This is not the same thing going on as a fundamental right as the 2nd amendment I do not think.
    It's a constitutional right to drive a vehicle on public roads without a license. It's not the driving on the road that requires a license, it's the operating of a certain type of vehicle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    In California, usually gang related where parents of kids invited are from rival gangs.
    Actually the criminals don't legally buy their guns. They steal them or buy them from others who stole them from law abiding citizens. Sort of hard for gun control laws to stop criminals who don't care about the laws in the first place.
    Oh, that's fine then, the crazies can't buy the guns. They can just steal them from responsible people but there's nothing we can do about that... I wonder why criminals in the UK have such a hard time getting guns...

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by r1dik View Post
    You live on an island... EVERYTHING that comes into Australia gets checked by customs. We live next to Mexico.
    You're right, if you guys had stronger gun regulations it might be more difficult for the Mexican cartels to arm themselves.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

How is it possible that a kid is homeless by the way?
    If his family can't afford a roof over their heads, do you think they'll be able to afford his hospital bill?

Quote Originally Posted by Zoibert the Bear View Post
    This would not have happened if the kid and the toddler had their own guns.
    You joke, but whatever happened to those bullet proof blankets some company was making. I remember some saying it wouldn't stop a school shooter, but it might have worked here. Kid runs over and goes turtle with the blanket over him and his sister, everybody wins.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is not the same thing going on as a fundamental right as the 2nd amendment I do not think.
    All Constitutional rights are fundamental. What you're saying is that because you think guns are more important, they're more fundamental, which is pretty obviously just you digging your heels in and showing your bias.

The voluntary blindness shown by Americans regarding gun and gun regulations is pretty laughable, especially considering the entire rest of the planet can see, recognise, and mock it. The only argument that might hold weight is that you've already fucked your country up past the point of no return with your incompetent gun regulations so it doesn't matter what you do at this point.
    Last edited by jackofwind; 2017-04-06 at 06:47 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by Peggle View Post
    How does a toddlers birthday party devolve into a shootout? ??
    You wouldn't like the answer and I'd get an infraction if I told you the answer.

Google "Johnny Carson Carnac", a well known meme for this type of story.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    What a sad world we live in, I am trying to find info on what lead to the shooting.
    As an aside, can I just say what an amazing trauma medical system we have in the U.S.? Small boy shot three times, including chest, and he lives.