Page 72 of 93 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    KingK's been doing a wonderful series of retrospectives on the 3D Zelda games. The Breath of the Wild one finally came out.

Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure how much its considered a spoiler, but...

Nintendo always wanted a boss fight with Ganon where he is so large you have to climb him.

Introduce new Zelda game with climbing mechanic.

Ganon is very big in new game.

Nintendo does not implement climbing Ganon to boss fight.

ok...

"I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account

pfft wearing a shirt? ive gone through over 80 hours in this game and the only time i ever wear a shirt is when i need to go up a waterfall
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

10+ Year Old Account

0/10 pictures. Learn how to selfie. Would not follow on social media.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    0/10 pictures. Learn how to selfie. Would not follow on social media.
    i dont think he has the camera app yet

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    What's with the random picture of a random Hylian woman?
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Skyward Sword needs to be remastered on Wii U or Switch without all the motion controls like Twilight Princess was.
    Fanboy (Fanboi):
    1. A term used towards someone when a person disagrees with the said someone on a subject, person, place, thing, company, or product line and they are not smart enough to debate their counterpoints or facts, so they resort to childish name calling in hopes of shaming others into silence and thus them winning through dominance.* 2. A term used as a taunt/peer pressure technique to shape popular opinion through shame and humiliation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bristae View Post
    Skyward Sword needs to be remastered on Wii U or Switch without all the motion controls like Twilight Princess was.
    I kind of doubt they will, unfortunately. The motion controls were pretty heavily integrated into the gameplay--the Ghirahim and Demise fights, especially, would have to be totally redesigned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tai Rin View Post
    I kind of doubt they will, unfortunately. The motion controls were pretty heavily integrated into the gameplay--the Ghirahim and Demise fights, especially, would have to be totally redesigned.
    Keep in mind that Nintendo has not released a Link Skyward Sword amiibo yet, but there is proof that it is coming with the NFC tags in BotW that give the Goddess Sword and Sky Outfit. When they remastered twilight Princess on Wii U they made and released the Twilight Wolf Amiibo. So I think there might be a chance. Especially for people like me that never finished Skyward Sword because of the god awful motion controls but have played all the others and finished BotW.

but we will see. I am hoping.
    Fanboy (Fanboi):
    1. A term used towards someone when a person disagrees with the said someone on a subject, person, place, thing, company, or product line and they are not smart enough to debate their counterpoints or facts, so they resort to childish name calling in hopes of shaming others into silence and thus them winning through dominance.* 2. A term used as a taunt/peer pressure technique to shape popular opinion through shame and humiliation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Keep in mind that Nintendo has not released a Link Skyward Sword amiibo yet, but there is proof that it is coming with the NFC tags in BotW that give the Goddess Sword and Sky Outfit. When they remastered twilight Princess on Wii U they made and released the Twilight Wolf Amiibo. So I think there might be a chance. Especially for people like me that never finished Skyward Sword because of the god awful motion controls but have played all the others and finished BotW.

but we will see. I am hoping.
    It's possible if they're willing to put in the extra work. And I'd love to have a Skyward Sword with more standard controls; the motion controls were the only thing I really thought was bad about the game. I just personally wouldn't put much hope into getting it since the other remasters didn't change much gameplay-wise outside of fixing some obnoxious quests. But, then, the others didn't need as much work, so who knows how much work Nintendo is willing to put into making them.

Unfortunately, since the motion controls are so required in that game, since Link moved his hand in nearly a 1:1 with yours unlike TP which was waggle to generically swing, I doubt they would remove them. You actually had to use this freedom of motion to swing in certain ways to hit enemies the right way.

Though the Switch does have pretty good motion sensing in the Joycons (at least as good as a Wiimote+Wii Motion Plus, which is what Skyward Sword required), so they COULD port it but it would have to use the motion controls.....

The only other option would be to overhaul every encounter in the game that required specific sword strike angles to fit a more traditional control scheme.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can build a SS game without motion controls. The game would be a lot easier as a result but there are other ways to balance that out.

SS is still the worst 3D Zelda made according to popular opinion.

there is no regular control version of skyward sword it was wholly developed for the wii. if skyward sword gets remastered it will just use the joy cons as wii remotes

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by God Emperor Trump View Post
    You can build a SS game without motion controls. The game would be a lot easier as a result but there are other ways to balance that out.

they COULD make it, but it would either be clunky or take more work than an uprezz hd remake usually does especially when the joy cons can do everything the wii motes can.

skyward sword is slowly becoming a fan favorite just like every zelda game does after the zelda cycle takes affect. which goes to show just how good botw is, its barely been affected by the zelda cycle which has hit every zelda since oot came out

Quote Originally Posted by God Emperor Trump View Post

SS is the worst 3D Zelda only due to motion+ being a shit show control wise. You take out the shit motion controls and it easily shits on TP and WW.

I don't think it would be that large of an investment for Nintendo to remaster it with standard controls. More work then TP and WW? Yes, but not enough to say it's impossible. They'll do it eventually, without Zelda remasters it would be over half a decade between Zelda releases.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    which goes to show just how good botw is, its barely been affected by the zelda cycle which has hit every zelda since oot came out
    Yea, I'm gonna call BS on this. The honeymoon period has expired on BoTW and more and more discussions come up about it's flaws rather then it's achievements. Give it another year and people will be spouting hyperbole about it being "the worst Zelda".

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    SS is the worst 3D Zelda only due to motion+ being a shit show control wise. You take out the shit motion controls and it easily shits on TP and WW.
    Yea, I'm gonna call BS on this. The honeymoon period has expired on BoTW and more and more discussions come up about it's flaws rather then it's achievements. Give it another year and people will be spouting hyperbole about it being "the worst Zelda".
    idk, i feel like theres still a shit ton of people praising botw. yeah theres more and more people criticizing it but i see very few people outright hating or disliking it, maybe its just that people REALLY hate motion controls and people REALLY wanted an edgy zelda at the time of wind waker but i remember seeing way more people just dismissing wind waker due to its art style and skyward sword due to its mechanics and i remember alot of people hating on twilight princess because it was basically just edgier emptier ocarina of time

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly other than Zelda having a nice personality thats fairly realistic , Girahim, and Groose

SS kinda blows.

WW hate was due to graphics, I liked it though
    TP was hated for not being that great... it honestly wasnt that great, but I liked it.

- - - Updated - - -

Let me go into why I think SS sucks.

Its waaaayyyyy too linear to the point of being a joke. I mean you go back to the dragons numerous times and essentially get told "i just need to make sure you are the hero this time"

you fight the same bosses numbers of times

Its not that challenging

Sure it looks pretty..... ish? WW looks better IMO.

Also motion controls.... it just was not great.
    Last edited by GennGreymane; 2017-04-06 at 10:22 PM.